1. Neutral AH advisory!

Hey Dears,

Apparently there`s some guy who believes it`s smart to snipe stuff you`re transferring through the neutral AH.
    Currently known aliases:
    Sryfordatman, Level 3 Human Paladin - Usually hangs around Everlook.
    Wowatafagomg, Level 80 Undead Rogue - Seems to be some foobar toon.

If you have any more information about that guy, please let me know. If you`re transferring stuff through the neutral AH, I suggest you to dual box to prevent getting sniped.

<3, Sela

2. Why speak of him in a negative tone? The guy is a hero if he pulls it off.
    He even got the names to deal with the butthurt in his victims.
    /tip fedora to the unknown villain.

3. That happened to me once before moltdown. Opened a ticket, but of course what can they do against that guy.

4. That happened to me once before moltdown. Opened a ticket, but of course what can they do against that guy.
    Did you seriously open a ticket for such thing? Lol.

5. Did you seriously open a ticket for such thing? Lol.
    Well, it was obviously a bot, and AH botting is forbidden, right? That's why they had to implement that ****ing stupid throttle.

6. Well, it was obviously a bot, and AH botting is forbidden, right? That's why they had to implement that ****ing stupid throttle.
    Botting is not required for that. Just an addon that scans AH and offers you to buy an item with a single click if it finds something.

7. I`ve encountered botters before, but that guy didn`t.
    It`s just an advisory thread, take that as you will.

8. Botting is not required for that. Just an addon that scans AH and offers you to buy an item with a single click if it finds something.
    And that's not a bot? If it scans the AH continuously and in an automatic way, I would call that a bot.

9. No, that`s not a bot.

10. And that's not a bot? If it scans the AH continuously and in an automatic way, I would call that a bot.
    Buying the item still has to be done manually. There are limitations to what addons are able to do without actions from the player. If addons are allowed to perform an action without human input then such action was not considered botting by Blizzard.

11. Buying the item still has to be done manually. There are limitations to what addons are able to do without actions from the player. If addons are allowed to perform an action without human input then such action was not considered botting by Blizzard.
    Ah sorry. In a "programming" context I consider a bot any application/addon that does things on its own.

Taking into account Auctioneer can buy auctions, I supposed it would be possible to buy them from Lua code, although given what you've said maybe you can buy things only in response to an action made by the user (such as a click)?

12. Ah sorry. In a "programming" context I consider a bot any application/addon that does things on its own.

Taking into account Auctioneer can buy auctions, I supposed it would be possible to buy them from Lua code, although given what you've said maybe you can buy things only in response to an action made by the user (such as a click)?
    Many addons automate some actions. Like DBM sets marks on players during boss fights.

Yes, there are some functions that addons can only use in response to a mouse click or button press. Buying auction is one of those functions.

13. Many addons automate some actions. Like DBM sets marks on players during boss fights.

Yes, there are some functions that addons can only use in response to a mouse click or button press. Buying auction is one of those functions.
    I can think of ways to automatise that. Some kind of inter-process communication that allows my addon to talk to a Win32 program that does the click.

14. I can think of ways to automatise that. Some kind of inter-process communication that allows my addon to talk to a Win32 program that does the click.
    There are ways. Even just auto clicker or something that presses a button automatically all the time. But that's already considered botting and not everyone does that. Of course it can be done by botting but the main point of my posts was that doing it normally with only an addon is not considered botting and has limitations.

12 Last