1. Night elf

Hi

So I'd like to make a priest on alliance however I much rather play a nelf than any other race, mostly because of looks. I'm wondering, are they really that much worse than humans or dwarfs? I know nelf racials are the lesser one comparing to these two, but do the racials play that big of a role in this patch?

thanks

2. It mostly depends on what you're aiming to do. PvP or PvE? Heal or DPS? What night elf priests excel at is arena healing. Shadowmeld is one of the best if not the best healer racials in the game for arena. In the hands of a good player with the right amount of premeditation, it's essentially a second trinket. However, humans are just flat out better at everything else because Blizzard needed them race change moneys.

Night elves are also the best race at being dead in the game, so there's that too.
    Edited: September 24, 2015

3. Hi

So I'd like to make a priest on alliance however I much rather play a nelf than any other race, mostly because of looks. I'm wondering, are they really that much worse than humans or dwarfs? I know nelf racials are the lesser one comparing to these two, but do the racials play that big of a role in this patch?

thanks
    Play alway your favourite race and don't worry for racial. Anyway, alliance racials suck in WOTLK (Except the human racial).

4. It mostly depends on what you're aiming to do. PvP or PvE? Heal or DPS? What night elf priests excel at is arena healing. Shadowmeld is one of the best if not the best healer racials in the game for arena. In the hands of a good player with the right amount of premeditation, it's essentially a second trinket. However, humans are just flat out better at everything else because Blizzard needed them race change moneys.

Night elves are also the best race at being dead in the game, so there's that too.
    I'm looking to do both PvE & PvP (and both as healer & dps :P). I understand 3% spirit from humans is really good in PvE, but is it gonna make That much of a difference? If you have 1k spirit you gain an extra 30.

Also nelfs has a racial that reduces enemies hit chance on you, that's always something

5. I'm looking to do both PvE & PvP (and both as healer & dps :P). I understand 3% spirit from humans is really good in PvE, but is it gonna make That much of a difference? If you have 1k spirit you gain an extra 30.
    The superiority of human priests in PvE is much more mellow so no, you generally wont notice much difference outside of encounters with lots of CC.

6. Shadowmeld is a very strong ability if used correctly. People neglect night elves in PvP because there are only a few skilled enough to be able to use the ability properly.
    However, on Molten due to the large number of people and the quality of the servers, the ping disables players from effectively avoiding CC via Shadowmeld. Yes, you can still use it to have your opponents deselect you as a target but apart from that it's nothing specials. As a Human on the other hand, you can use both a Solace and a Bauble. So if you decided to play on Molten, my choice would be to roll Human.

7. However, on Molten due to the large number of people and the quality of the servers, the ping disables players from effectively avoiding CC via Shadowmeld.
    I play with a comfortable ping of 40. Speak for yourself.

8. I play with a comfortable ping of 40. Speak for yourself.
    How do you use shadowmeld to neglect spells? Does it only work for certain spells - or any? For example, if my opponent is casting frostbolt on me and i shadowmeld right when it's about to hit, will it fizzle? Rogue's Blind ability? etc

9. How do you use shadowmeld to neglect spells? Does it only work for certain spells - or any? For example, if my opponent is casting frostbolt on me and i shadowmeld right when it's about to hit, will it fizzle? Rogue's Blind ability? etc
    It's vanish: the racial. Anything you can vanish, you can shadowmeld. Blind, death coil, frost bolt, all get negated if you time it right. You can also break combat with it, if you need to drink ASAP.
    Edited: September 24, 2015

10. It's vanish: the racial. Anything you can vanish, you can shadowmeld. Blind, death coil, frost bolt, all get negated if you time it right. You can also break combat with it, if you need to drink ASAP.
    Alright, thank you. I will most def roll a night elf. While it won't be easy shadowmelding spells at first, I'll hopefully get the feeling for it sooner or later

11. Btw, is it ture that you can use shadowmeld during a bossfight to reset the cd of mana pots? If so, that's a pretty strong argument for going night elf especially if mana is being an issue

12. I play with a comfortable ping of 40. Speak for yourself.
    While I eaasily Shadowmeld Psychich Scream, HoJ, and other such abilities on the Blackrock realm (former AT), I never manage to Shadowmeld them on Molten due to the ping. Also I've never noticed people CCing each other at the same time such as rogues sapping each other, rogues vanishing anything,etc. I've also never managed to Shadowmeld anything on Ragnaros simply because if you use Shadowmeld at the exact time, it doesn't go off instantly but instead theres a window of 0,5 or so miliseconds in which the spell bind is highlighted but the spell hasn't been activated (even though my ping is around 50ish). That's why IMO Shadowmeld is useless in PvP on any realm except Blackrock.
    On the other hand, PvE-wise, Shadowmeld really gets you out of combat thus resetting the CD of any pots (mana,haste, wild magic, etc.) so it is definitely a better race choice both for a Shadow priest and/or a Disc/Holy priest.

13. On the other hand, PvE-wise, Shadowmeld really gets you out of combat thus resetting the CD of any pots (mana,haste, wild magic, etc.) so it is definitely a better race choice both for a Shadow priest and/or a Disc/Holy priest.
    +1, just be carefull if you are planning to start on Loarderon, since there is a chance it might be fixed there.

14. +1, just be carefull if you are planning to start on Loarderon, since there is a chance it might be fixed there.
    So this is currently a bug?

15. So this is currently a bug?
    If it gets you out of combat in raids, yes. On retail, you would stay in combat as long as your raid group was in combat.