1. Unusual question - DPS for Tanks

Hello guys,

Question for the veteran tanks around.

My main is a Prot Warrior, 5.8k GS, 45k HP and 33k Armor with about 30% dodge, 20% parry and 20% block, 586 defense.

I like tanking, always have, and it's my favorite role. I know how to play it well and my gear and build was invested towards aggro-keeping.
    I've been tanking for years now, but been away from WoW for the past 3 years so I'm a bit rusty.

My question here is regarding DPS. Yes, I know this is pretty bizarre coming from a tank, but I try to do my best to output as much damage as I can in a raid. Currently, I'm sitting at 2.5k DPS completely unbuffed and my damage output was around 2M over a period of 45 mins. Most of the damage coming from Revenge, followed closely by Shockwave and then Devastate.

How well does 2.5k DPS unbuffed ranks in terms of what a good raiding group does and how important it is the damage output of a main tank in overall, in your opinion? Yes I know aggro keeping is #1 priority, not dps.

Thanks and have a good day!

2. Hello guys,

Question for the veteran tanks around.

My main is a Prot Warrior, 5.8k GS, 45k HP and 33k Armor with about 30% dodge, 20% parry and 20% block, 586 defense.

I like tanking, always have, and it's my favorite role. I know how to play it well and my gear and build was invested towards aggro-keeping.
    I've been tanking for years now, but been away from WoW for the past 3 years so I'm a bit rusty.

My question here is regarding DPS. Yes, I know this is pretty bizarre coming from a tank, but I try to do my best to output as much damage as I can in a raid. Currently, I'm sitting at 2.5k DPS completely unbuffed and my damage output was around 2M over a period of 45 mins. Most of the damage coming from Revenge, followed closely by Shockwave and then Devastate.

How well does 2.5k DPS unbuffed ranks in terms of what a good raiding group does and how important it is the damage output of a main tank in overall, in your opinion? Yes I know aggro keeping is #1 priority, not dps.

Thanks and have a good day!
    I think a tank DPS only matters in progression raiding. Most raids that you join here will have atleast 1-2 BIS chars that make any tank DPS irrelevant. I've been raiding end-game WOTLK content for about 2 years now and I rarely came across raids where people talk about tank DPS except maybe on Festergut where tank can actually do 20k+ with a DPS weapon and enough stacks