1. It should be noted that we will be conducting clean-ups on Lordaeron every 3 to 6 months to characters below level 10. This is, of course, only a current approximation of how we want to handle things, but we certainly do not want a hoarding of character names.
    gotta level 20 toons to 11 lvl, brb

also... saying things like this in a random thread on the forum + after the launch is preeeetty weeeird and unproffessional
    Edited: September 25, 2015

2. gotta level 20 toons to 11 lvl, brb

also... saying things like this in a random thread on the forums + after launch is preeeetty weeeird
    Depends on the determination and if you're using "isBoxer" or similiar tools. Depending on how many accounts you used it would be pretty fast in some cases. :)

Tbh, that's how a lot of information gets out >_<. Seldom do they make an entire thread describing it. :)

3. I have some names i used on most servers. and offcourse if a new server opens i would like to use the same name. But just bacause i had the same name on every server it does not mean i own those names and if someone takes them before me. i just have to accept that.

having used a name on every server does not make me or you the "owner" of that name. Everyone has the right to grab those name. and if the one that used to use those name was to slow to get them well to bad for him

And after all its just a name in a game. you can still play. and having to chose a new name is NOT a big deal.

4. First off, going back to the GM name claim.. that's technically a mandatory thing to do as the #1 preventive measure for one of the highest rules of any corporation, company, staff. (loosely quoted) "Do not impersonate a GM or any member of the staff." On a "fresh" server they claim their names to make it nearly impossible for anyone to impersonate the staff. IF they add new GM's to existing servers, they are forced to come up with a unique name in game. They do not force people out of a name for the sole purpose of a GM thinking it will be a cool name to go by.

Moving on to George..

Glad you mentioned this. What you think is your intellectual property "created" on character creation is NOT your intellectual property. In one of the "I Accept/Agree" forms they make you click through when you create an account is one that clearly states any account or character on "Warmane" is their property. They "can" do with it what they please. You are entitled to nothing but what they allow you to do with the account you made and the characters you create.

If you can't hold up the argument in a legal court declaring the character name to be yours and yours alone, then it is nothing like copyright. The amount of characters you have all named the same on however many realms you have them on does not make a difference to anything I've said in this post or the previous one of mine.

I feel for your loss, just remember the good memories of that char name and either go back to the server you made them on, or enjoy the fresh start on Lordaeron.

Cheers to many more good memories ;)

That server I made them on was Lordaeron.

:)

5. gotta level 20 toons to 11 lvl, brb

also... saying things like this in a random thread on the forum + after the launch is preeeetty weeeird and unproffessional
    So, you'd prefer that we ignore community members when they post questions and concerns?
    Tbh, that's how a lot of information gets out >_<. Seldom do they make an entire thread describing it. :)
    Not at all. We'll announce that when the time comes.

6. I have never had my name taken. Its sad but I was just trying to see this from a different perspective and honestly I was wrong. I assume if they actually claim to be you that there would be a problem; but if they just had the names most people would probably just /spit them
    Edited: September 25, 2015

7. I have never had my name taken. Its sad but I was just trying to see this from a different perspective and honestly I was wrong. I assume if they actually claim to be you that there would be a problem; but if they just had the names most people would probably just /spit them
    Correct, in the case of "George" the famous streamer, those that we know to be "not him" would probably be called "Ha, another 'Bob' clone.", etc. And those that "care" if you're the real one probably already know your new name. :)

8. I knew several people that would hoard names for these specific given reasons:

- To attempt to resell via coins or gold or merchandise in game.
    - To piss the original owner off, taking his reputation away from him so he would have to restart.
    - Just to show off that they have those names even if they weren't going to use them.

Now on the topic of name clean ups every 3-6 months. I know that on the other realms that excluded any contributor accounts. Does that still apply here? Because if it does, I know a large percentage of these accounts hoarding names are contributors which would almost render the clean up useless.

9. However if you're complaining about names like Rick and Broxxigar you're just dumb; but intellectual property should be respected.
    I honestly LoL'ed at this line...you're complaining that intellectual property isn't being protected on a private server of a game that's not authorized by the people who made the game...
    If intellectual property was protected then this server wouldn't exist... nor would this argument

10. It should be noted that we will be conducting clean-ups on Lordaeron every 3 to 6 months to characters below level 10. This is, of course, only a current approximation of how we want to handle things, but we certainly do not want a hoarding of character names.
    If this is the case, please have automated message upon login for people below level 10, there are people using gbank for storage on alt chars so ye, hopefully this suggestion is considered.

11. I loged Lordaeron with 5 accounts. Made 40 Characters with peoples names. I will never use it , they will stay level 1 for years. I just wanted to steal names and piss people off. Good luck with Lordaeron

12. I loged Lordaeron with 5 accounts. Made 40 Characters with peoples names. I will never use it , they will stay level 1 for years. I just wanted to steal names and piss people off. Good luck with Lordaeron
    Hahahahah :D there are probably more like you :)

13. Premium Membership Features [Reloaded]

It should be noted that we will be conducting clean-ups on Lordaeron every 3 to 6 months to characters below level 10. This is, of course, only a current approximation of how we want to handle things, but we certainly do not want a hoarding of character names.
    Warmane's premium membership grants exclusion from database clean-up of inactive accounts, and taking from the guideline there is no exception made for Lordaeron regarding this feature.

Would you please confirm that characters of level 10 or lower will not be deleted in Lordaeron provided they belong to a premium account? Thank you very much in advance!

Just for the record, I am not a name hoarder, in fact, I do not even reach the 10 character limit. However, due to work and a busy life, I can't play all my characters at once, and I would not like any of them to be deleted just because a few so-called "popular names" got stolen, as it is subjectively claimed by some, despite the fact the legitimacy of the concept itself is still arguable, since character naming is FCFS anyway.

14. just make tons of DKs and yo wont get your char deleted I guess

15. Warmane's premium membership grants exclusion from database clean-up of inactive accounts, and taking from the guideline there is no exception made for Lordaeron regarding this feature.

Would you please confirm that characters of level 10 or lower will not be deleted in Lordaeron provided they belong to a premium account? Thank you very much in advance!

Just for the record, I am not a name hoarder, in fact, I do not even reach the 10 character limit. However, due to work and a busy life, I can't play all my characters at once, and I would not like any of them to be deleted just because a few so-called "popular names" got stolen, as it is subjectively claimed by some, despite the fact the legitimacy of the concept itself is still arguable, since character naming is FCFS anyway.
    Since you copy/pasted your post, let me do the same with my reply:

No, I won't confirm anything, one way or another. As I clearly stated, all that happened was a possibility being mentioned.
    But if it does happens, it won't be because of "stolen names" per se, but to keep names from being hoarded and unused. You call it illegitimate, but I personally consider it much more illegitimate to hold onto names that you haven't used enough to get them to level 10, something so trivial I can barely consider a "limitation."

First 123 Last