View Poll Results: How has your experience on Lordaeron been so far?

Voters
587. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesome! It has so far met my expectations!

542 92.33%
  • I am disappoint (explain why)

45 7.67%
  1. Not to be a downer, but realistically you should give it at least a couple months before drawing conclusions. Hell, even Warsong was popular when it was first released.
    Oh but there were people who said that Lord would be deserted from its release already, kek...

Warsong is a fun pvp server man, of course people end up getting bored of it, it's only about farming bg's/arenas with full gear you didn't spend a sheet to get.
    Lordaeron is a full pvp/pve server that only those who want a full blizzlike experience join, and trust me that sort of experience doesn't last few months ;)

Numbers talk : there are 3 times more people who want to play on a full server rather than on a fun one it seems.

2. What can i say? ITS AWESOME.

The moment i red the Lordaeron realm information i knew i will play this realm and its gonna be fabulous. Even so this realm is beyond my expectation. I play on molten since 2010 if my mind serves well, i never played on retail so when i saw some things like a mob not flying to you and thru walls, and moving on the ground, pass by the tree instead of going thru it, i almost had an orgasm.

I like everything so far about this realm. Its true, overpopulation in one area its pain in as*, some elite spawn to late, objects also spawn to late, but its still fun.
    I dont mind that the mobs respawn fast, it helps, if they wouldnt, many ppls would left this realm alraedy.
    I saw many complaining about npc specasters, maybe the agro range is big and the dmg also but is very challenging. Mob cast? Silence, stun, go near behind the rock, the tree when he almost casted the spell (it has big cast, and give you a lot of time to act), after he cancel spell atack again then hide again till hes dead. Use your mind. This is Wotlk, not some cataclysm or mop where the spells description tell you when to use that certain spells or you can solo everything.

This game is made to play in team, not one to kill a thousand. You dont have friends in game? No problem, are so many players around just pop some invites and u will be suprize to see how easly they accept.

I like that now (atleast for now) that quest group are indeed being possible by groups only, its more challenging and more exciting.

I like that there is no hero call board to tell you where to go. You need to remember from old days where to lvl or just to figure it out. There are indeed on internet so many lvling guides but it feels like cheat to read them.

GG Warmane, indeed this is a master peace (so far) and keep it this way.

The only regret is i finished my free days at work before this realm opened.

3. Having a grand time! My ping is always sub-50, I haven't had any issues with quests, the bugs that are present in no way impact my overall experience they're just something to get accustomed to (the aforementioned aggro range, damage etc). I feel like the experience is somehow fuller, like quests aren't autocompleting at quest giver etc. I'm loving it and am very thankful to all the management for getting this off the ground!

4. The overall experience is decent but there are some minor bugs which are driving me mad at time. More precisely los issues, pathfinding bugs and probably the most annoying one being polymorphed mobs attacking/casting/moving. Nevertheless, good job and hope you keep up the good work.

5. an excelent realm this is indeed, but i do not see the point of focusion on a 6 years old expansion, while current expansion (MoP) rots to its death because you arent paying any attention on it at all. Only reason why people play lord is because its x1 and because its bug free, but i know many people who just cant play something that is 6 god damn years old that they already did play. I give this -1
    It's simple, all the expansions beyond Wrath are more or less terrible.

6. My feedback:
    Chat spam limit is waaaay too strict, should be bumped up to at least 5 lines.

server-wide system message spam is also way too much, every 5 minutes I'm reminded to join global, stream warmane or upgrade to the new models.
    What makes it worse is that it's tied to system messages so unless I want to remove all the system messages, there's no way to filter it.

Lastly, waiting a month for TBC sucks, This is a wrath realm, at most i'd be okay with being stuck on TBC for a month or two.

oh and quest item respawn times are ridiculous.
    Edited: September 28, 2015

7. Oh but there were people who said that Lord would be deserted from its release already, kek...
    Those people are fools. Just a few days from release? God no. A couple months, when the shine of a new server begins to wear off, and the reality of the same old sort of quest grinding sets in? Possibly (I'd even go as far as to say likely).

Warsong is a fun pvp server man, of course people end up getting bored of it, it's only about farming bg's/arenas with full gear you didn't spend a sheet to get.
    Warsong is just an example I'm more familiar with - a more reasonable one (though not entirely similar, of course) would be the old MoP realms which experienced extreme popularity when it was first released, with both realms (forgot if there were two or three) almost always at capacity for almost a full month. Now, there is only one realm, and it experiences irregular popularity.

Lordaeron is a full pvp/pve server that only those who want a full blizzlike experience join, and trust me that sort of experience doesn't last few months ;)

Numbers talk : there are 3 times more people who want to play on a full server rather than on a fun one it seems.
    Numbers will talk in two months, when a more reliable reading can be obtained. I'm convinced that many who have moved to Lord from the other WotLK realms are doing so only temporarily. I will, however, happily eat my words if Lordaeron does stay fairly popular. I think some things definitely will help it retain some popularity with the non-hardcore Warmane players: the Wartorn Chest (if it's ever completed), and the progression status of the realm (bursts in pop between every "expansion", though this might hurt it as much as it helps - all "progression" being worthless after less than a couple months, rather than the usual Blizzlike rate).

Believe it or not, I really, really want Lordaeron to be a unique and popular Warmane server. I'm not going to do myself a disservice by expecting it to be.

Edit: Even in this thread, we see the sort of mentality that can't lend itself to the long-term survival of the realm.

Lastly, waiting a month for TBC sucks, This is a wrath realm, at most i'd be okay with being stuck on TBC for a month of two.
    (sorry to ninja your comment, Nemlin! <3)

8. So far I am really happy with this server. Being Vanilla+TBC a few months makes you being able to play casually and level up professions etc as you advance in level.

Also it's really nice when the presence of GM's/Devs is shown by these [SERVER] messages.

I also have to mention that the pathing when it comes to "Charge" is beautiful, never gone under the ground or anything weird.

Keep it up!

9. It's really sad that the addon "Ignore More" is kindof a must-have addon on this realm... The spam on global is just overwhelming...

10. It's really sad that the addon "Ignore More" is kindof a must-have addon on this realm... The spam on global is just overwhelming...
    I'm not sure if that's sarcasm, but global is at a decent pace on this realm. On the other realms, it is much much more spammy.

11. 1st vote. YAS

It was awesome, 40 minutes to kill 8 mana wyrms, 8 hours later I am still level 12.
    Made me laugh so hard.

12. I'm not sure if that's sarcasm, but global is at a decent pace on this realm. On the other realms, it is much much more spammy.
    Doesn't seem that way to me. Global is about as bad as Ragnaros' and Neltharion's at high pop, easily. Can't say much for other realms.

Also feels like the spam filter is less strict on this realm, but I may be wrong.

Hopefully the toil of leveling will weed out some bad eggs that aren't patient enough to post LFG global spam at a reasonable wait, and some of the others who seemingly have nothing better to do than spread cancer.

Edit: Should clarify, I only play Horde on all realms. Can't speak for the Alliance global.

13. I've been on at all times of the day and I can't say I have ever seen it as spammy as Ragnaros'. If it proves to be problematic, I would recommend making a chat tab just for global.

14. I've been on at all times of the day and I can't say I have ever seen it as spammy as Ragnaros'. If it proves to be problematic, I would recommend making a chat tab just for global.
    Around 5 or so hours ago, there was an insane amount of LFG posts. Seems to have calmed down a bit now (but then again, so has Nelth and Rag). There's some serious cancer, though - as I mentioned before.

First ... 5678 Last