1. Recruit-A-Friend System on Lordaeron

This is inteded for later on, when you can level to 80 atleast.

The ability to pay a fairly small amount ($5-$10) where you link your account with another new account, no previous characters etc. You get 1 month of 3x experience and the "summon friend" ability, just like retail used to be. You can then after the first month, extend the 3x exp etc for another $5 or $10 however this time the linked accounts get the Swift Zhevra mount.

On retail you got the mount when the person who got recruited purchased atleast 2 months of gametime, i think atleast. But since its a private server this will have to change. Instead we pay a fairly low amount of money for the (close to) same rewards as retail had. I think it's a great way to get your friends, or others, to get in the game easier and also supports the server and its staff.

It should not be expensive as i think a low cost will make more people take advantage of the service.

2. imo that would kill the point of lord. you'd have everyone and their dog simply making a 2nd account to take advantage of the 3x xp.

3. If you want higher experience rate you could just play on another realm. Lordaeron was opened because people wanted low rate realm. When Lordaerons core is applied to other wotlk realms next year there will be no difference between Lordaeron and the other realms, except increased experience rate, which is what you are asking for in this suggestion.

4. I see what you guys mean with this being a bit against the philosophy of the realm. I dont mind the 1x leveling myself as i've kept atleast 7 chars max leveld since TBC on retail. With 14 max level before i quit a couple of months ago.

It was, to myself atleast, a retail-at-the-time way of getting more players to join the realm. The other Warmane WotLK realms are imo very intimidating to start playing on. With almost every single guild clearing ICC since way back.

This was a way to introduce new players, that may have never played on a private server or that are not sure if they want to spend their time leveling on a private server, an extra boost. To keep the population of the realm fresh. It is a VERY different thing to just go on a high rate server, and playing on a blizzlike server with a retail implemented paid feature. Aswell as promoting group play and the social aspect that comes with it. Also limiting the XP boost to only be active if the 2 linked accounts are in the same group, like it is on retail.

One of the best times i've had playing WoW was when me and 4 friends did RaF and blasted dungeons. But like i said, i understand if the RaF concept goes against the philosophy of the realm.
    Edited: September 27, 2015

5. The RaF function doesn't go against the philosophy, the xp boost does. if the requirements would be that the recruited person would have to donate X amount of coins before the recruiter gets a reward, that would be way better.
    Edited: September 27, 2015 Reason: Grammar

6. I dont see how that type of RaF system would in any way encourage new players to start playing on the realm. If i understand it correct, this would most likely only lead to people dropping spam invites to the realm with their RaF link. It doesn't promote any sort of benefits to the new player. Together with the limited coin store on Lordaeron.

7. Til Northrend is released and realm first achievements are obtained it would be unfair advantage. And after that it won't take long til ICC farming starts on Lordaeron also.

8. It will probably be upwards of a year until ICC is released since this is a progression realm.

9. Peeps who want to play on a blizzlike realm are against a blizzlike function... After levelling tens of characters first to 70, next exp to 80 etc etc exp after exp RaF would be great and the opinion that it would not increase players is not correct, well if you look at the player spike Retail had after it was implemented.

10. Considering that community has been the main focus in the philosophy of Lordaeron, RaF is one of those systems that rewards players interacting with others. I don't see why it should be intentionally disabled since the functionality of RaF is already implemented on TrinityCore unless they're still using MaNGOS.

11. Considering that community has been the main focus in the philosophy of Lordaeron, RaF is one of those systems that rewards players interacting with others. I don't see why it should be intentionally disabled since the functionality of RaF is already implemented on TrinityCore unless they're still using MaNGOS.
    We have the functionality of it. The issue is implementing a system without the basis of paid and subscription accounts, which would mean literally anyone could use it at any time. Suggestions for addressing this issue are more than welcome.

12. I would like to see RAF system on Warmane BUT only if it doesnt influence the gameplay. For example, RAF bonus would be like 10 coins once player reaches their first level 80 etc.
    Altho, this can be abused heavily therefore we would need some stuff set in place.

I know many people will think "Oh well just check if their IP's are different" well you can just get VPN and avoid that. Now why would anyone just level on x1 when you can abuse RAF and level with a boost and such.

TL:DR any sort of RAF system can be heavily abused if there are awards in place. Id support this only if it was 100% secure.

13. well, one could mitigate the abuse (and usefulness) of RaF by, for example, increasing XP gained by 30-50%... but only if the recruiter and recruitee are in party together... meaning
    no party: recruitee* gets 100% xp
    party with random: recruitee* gets 100% xp
    party with recruiter's level 80 character: recruitee* gets 130% xp
    party with recruiter's character (roughly) same level as recruitee: recruitee and recruiter get 150% xp
    *applies to any and all characters on mentioned accounts

I know people are going to go bla bla bla multiboxer yada yada... with this in place, you can't run a VPN on one wow client and not on another, so both would be using same IP and could get RaF disabled or even get banned depending on decided consequences for abuse of this system

14. We have the functionality of it. The issue is implementing a system without the basis of paid and subscription accounts, which would mean literally anyone could use it at any time. Suggestions for addressing this issue are more than welcome.
    -Original line redacted-

TL;DR
    - Be in the same party group and in the same zone (closer than 90 yards).
    - Have your friend in your friend list in-game
    -The level difference between you must be 4 or less.
    - The benefits will only work from level 1 to 60

If you wanna stop account spamming for RaF I'd also suggest a 1k achievement points requirement for someone to recruit a friend to limit it a little bit.

15. I edited your post. Please don't mention or link other private servers. If you'd like to make a suggestion based on someone else's system, you'd have to explain it here, even if it is just a copy/paste.

12 Last