View Poll Results: Would you like multiboxing to be allowed?

Voters
950. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

268 28.21%
  • No.

682 71.79%
  1. Blizzard isn't fine whith it as you can read, Blizzard consider Multiboxing in BGs an issue
    Blizzards position toward multiboxing is that they allow it but dont provide support for it.
    They had this standpoint in 2007 and they still have this standpoint in 2015.

When it comes to BGs Blizzard has the same position: Multiboxing in BGs is tolerated but Blizzard doest provide support for it.
    Edited: October 3, 2015

2. I think all your intentions here are good, but I have a few thoughts...

The boxer in that post could have kept multiboxing on retail, he just didn't want to adapt to the removal of follow in BGs I assume. In march of 2013 they disabled follow in BGs. They explicitly said it was to thwart follow bots and that multiboxing is still allowed. Here is a video of multiboxing on retail in AV after /follow was removed using Interract-with-target combined with click-to-move.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ige2Q5hmGkc

Also, we have been hearing this legal 'for now' stuff for literally over a decade, and yet it's still allowed in all scenarios. Blizzard has always defended the allowing of multiboxing since day 1. I could mine quotes from long ago if you like. Here is the latest post from a Blizzard official that I could find from this year...
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18300113639#15

That's a pretty solid defense for Multboxing, the use keyboard multiplexing being legal and not being considered automation, and a rejection of the 'blizzard only allows it because you pay for each account' canard. I could pull up older blizz quotes that span over a decade if you want but I think we're all tired of seeing them over and over, year after year.

Well, let's look at some history to see why he isn't:

In March of 2013, "Ghostcrawler", the Lead Systems Designer at blizzard announced that /follow in BGs and Arenas were being disabled to stop follow bots. Later, they added /follow back in arena for multiboxers and blind players since bots weren't such a problem there. But, he also used the word 'tolerated' for the first time with reference to multiboxing. This really was a nerve-wracking month to be Multiboxer because we didn't know what to expect in the future. We were used to always having a rock-solid defense from Blizz. What *did* happen was that 8 months later, Nov. 2013, Ghostcrawler was gone from blizzard and I have never heard 'tolerated' again since. Only solid defense of multiboxing like in the link I showed above, just like the old days.

So let's look at the description of this topic:

One precaution, no /follow in BGs, was made to stop bots. Blizzard specifically said that the effect it had on Multiboxers and blind players was an unfortunate side effect. Apart from that, multiboxers have had *zero* limitations directed at them that I can find or know of. The term 'merely tolerated' was used by a former employee and I haven't seen it used again in the last two years after he was fired, only explicit defenses like the link above.

I wouldn't call it a lie but it is a bit loaded and over-stated.
    I do not agreed. The player who said "I came back to Molten because here I can Multibox", he just didn't wonted to pay 300 dollars per month to multibox in retail. Indeed, my goal was to highlight the real reasons why in a private server the density of multiboxers using so many characters is so hight and unacceptable.

Personally I can't see Blizzard call the consequence on MBxing in BGs a "unfortunate side effect" since if you read the post below they said:

"When we were looking to make a change to disable a command used by bots, which would benefit the game as a whole, we were ok with it also resulting in multiboxing in battlegrounds also going away due to the poor experience it can create for others."

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....s-or-no/page32
    Edited: October 4, 2015

3. I do not agreed. The player who said "I came back to Molten because here I can Multibox", he just didn't wonted to pay 300 dollars per month to multibox in retail. In fact my goal was to highlight the real reasons why in a private server the density of multiboxers using so many characters is so hight and unacceptable.

Personally I can't see Blizzard call the consequence on MBxing in BGs a "unfortunate side effect" since if you read the post below they said:

"When we were looking to make a change to disable a command used by bots, which would benefit the game as a whole, we were ok with it also resulting in multiboxing in battlegrounds also going away due to the poor experience it can create for others."
    There is no point to analyse every single word of what a moderator said over 2 years ago.
    Fact is that ppl are still multiboxing in BGs and they dont get banned for it and thats the end of the story.

4. There is no point to analyse every single word of what a moderator said over 2 years ago.
    Fact is that ppl are still multiboxing in BGs and they dont get banned for it and thats the end of the story.
    Anybody has said that Multiboxing is already illegal in retail but just that Blizz is slowly changing his mind

5. Anybody has said that Multiboxing is already illegal in retail but just that Blizz is slowly changing his mind
    Anybody said anything and somebody believes everything.

6. Blizzard allowed multiboxing. That's all.
    I sometimes play 8x monks at retail (1x payed acc 5x veteran accs 2x starter accs), sometimes play with 5x payed accs and so on.
    Also, I multiboxed PTR Retail w/o issues.
    [Not mine] BGs at Retail - youtube.com/watch?v=vztgMeDa-Es

7. It might sound silly, but there is also a "Yes, but no" option. Yes, people can quest and level multiple toons. No, they cannot enter a BG and one shot someone with five lava bolts. With the reasoning that it although it doesnt hurt anybody to have someone questing with four toons controlled by one computer anymore than four friends who are playing together, it can be very frustrating in PVP to face a multi-boxer.

8. Just let multiboxers be. It's x1 realm, lvling more than 5 accounts is gona be painfull and long, so you won't see 20+ account raiding cities or camping some zone. And 5 account multiboxer is easy to beat in pvp by 2 skilled players, i can tell i did multibox 5 shamans.
    Also there are like no multiboxers, seen only 2 since start, didn't even get attacked by alliance one.

9. Just let multiboxers be. It's x1 realm, lvling more than 5 accounts is gona be painfull and long, so you won't see 20+ account raiding cities or camping some zone. And 5 account multiboxer is easy to beat in pvp by 2 skilled players, i can tell i did multibox 5 shamans.
    Also there are like no multiboxers, seen only 2 since start, didn't even get attacked by alliance one.
    Please leave us be, we don't anything to do with you. You neither.
    I just hope you are not this banned multiboxer here http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....s-or-no/page10 using a different accout trying to convince the staff and the community that there are a lot of pro multiboxing opinion out there.

In case you are not a clone, I suggest you to read some posts before reply because we have already answer at the assumption of the "x1 server, no one is going to multibox".

Read from page 31 and you will find some very precise answers to your argument:

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....s-or-no/page31

10. Just let multiboxers be. It's x1 realm, lvling more than 5 accounts is gona be painfull and long, so you won't see 20+ account raiding cities or camping some zone. And 5 account multiboxer is easy to beat in pvp by 2 skilled players, i can tell i did multibox 5 shamans.
    ^Absolutely agree!

11. Stampelle I didn't read all 38 pages with walls of text. It's just how i feel about multiboxing, it was fun for me, but I'm not doing it again becauze it would be too much work. If there are some low lvls with 20 accounts they will never reach lvl 80. And even if there is one cancerous multiboxer ruining game for everyone it doesn't mean it should be forbiden for everyone.

12. Well to be honest, most of the people here think that MultiBoxing is easy. Well leveling and killing monsters is. Beating people? To an extent. 2 well skilled people can wreck even a really good skilled FTL(Focusless Targetless Leaderless) team in a blink of an eye. Boxers are very prone to cc. Have you tried to AOE fear one?

And no, every 2 year old cannot whip out a multiboxing setup. The machine needed is quite a resourceful one. The setup needed is ridiculous. And if you thought 70-80 was hard as a single toon, imagine that with 5x lower(yes, 5 times lower) grinding experience gains, and relying only on quests. It literally takes several weeks PLAYED to hit the toons from 70 to 80 at 1x rates. Most new multiboxers quit even before 58 on 3x rates, no talking about 1x.

PVP? I can only imagine those quest item geared multiboxers going to BGs and "winning". Cannot imagine a boxer winning against a premade.

I wonder what balance it ruins? The chat? The 5 man RP dance annoys people? The economy?

Economy:

Remember how hard it was to level BlackSmithing? Well now imagine doing that again! 5 times slower! For 5 toons!

Most of the points here are just ridiculous.

Just my two cents. No need to involve to any further discussions as I hold no responsibility for the outcome. This is my free opinion about the matter.

13. Stampelle I didn't read all 38 pages with walls of text. It's just how i feel about multiboxing, it was fun for me, but I'm not doing it again becauze it would be too much work. If there are some low lvls with 20 accounts they will never reach lvl 80. And even if there is one cancerous multiboxer ruining game for everyone it doesn't mean it should be forbiden for everyone.
    He is just an example and he is not the only one.

14. Well to be honest, most of the people here think that MultiBoxing is easy. Well leveling and killing monsters is. Beating people? To an extent. 2 well skilled people can wreck even a really good skilled FTL(Focusless Targetless Leaderless) team in a blink of an eye. Boxers are very prone to cc. Have you tried to AOE fear one?

And no, every 2 year old cannot whip out a multiboxing setup. The machine needed is quite a resourceful one. The setup needed is ridiculous. And if you thought 70-80 was hard as a single toon, imagine that with 5x lower(yes, 5 times lower) grinding experience gains, and relying only on quests. It literally takes several weeks PLAYED to hit the toons from 70 to 80 at 1x rates. Most new multiboxers quit even before 58 on 3x rates, no talking about 1x.

PVP? I can only imagine those quest item geared multiboxers going to BGs and "winning". Cannot imagine a boxer winning against a premade.

I wonder what balance it ruins? The chat? The 5 man RP dance annoys people? The economy?

Economy:

Remember how hard it was to level BlackSmithing? Well now imagine doing that again! 5 times slower! For 5 toons!

Most of the points here are just ridiculous.

Just my two cents. No need to involve to any further discussions as I hold no responsibility for the outcome. This is my free opinion about the matter.
    Wasn't you neutral?

You came insulting ppl who dislike multibox (before moderator erased it) and now you came with arguments that has been refuted many pages ago.
    3 times the same false argument in this page here when I already posted the link of page 32 where I deny your arguments. Are you spamming on purpose to confuse the people who will read this thread?
    This guy just leveld 20 shamans to lv 11 in 20 hours in a hell-crowded server launch. How many times I have to say that?

In Lordaeron the mobs are a pain to kill, do a s**it load of damage and have a really fast respown time. Dealing with them, especially in the caves, is way easier if you can one shot them with 5 characters.

So we need a premade team to beat you? Is you a God of wow?

You will have no hard time leveling crafting-professions because you will earn a lot of gold selling items you get soloing dungeon and abusing other farming things and professions, than you will buy the maths.

EDIT: Than you was saying (before moderator erased your posts) that you have only one account. You defend multiboxing just because you are a multiboxers fan? You looks so false my friend.

15. I was holding off on leveling my five ferals after taking a break for a few days since their future is uncertain but I started again today. It's even slower, 5x more expensive, and harder than expected but sooo much fun even though I know it may all be a doomed project. Waiting five times for each quest item to respawn did give me time to think though...

In the spirit of compromise, I had an idea that I wanted to run by the nay-sayers in the event that Lordaeron takes 'the nuclear option' with multiboxing: What if a group of us former multiboxers were to form our own group? We'd each bring just one character but we decide among each other who is going to be leader. We would set that leader as /focus to the rest of our premade group and rewrite all our attacks as '/assist focus' macros so we wouldn't even have to think about what we were attacking. We would also agree among ourselves not to move directly but only spam the macro '/follow focus' or use 'interact with target' keybindings when the leader of our premade started attacking something. It would be strictly monkey see/monkey do and we would only mount and dismount when the leader did. Any time someone tried to talk to any one of us we'd even forward the message to our leader and have him speak on our behalf.

Of course this would be extremely tricky to accomplish and we'd be at a tremendous disadvantage over every other group of people, but we're used to it and at least it would be the closest we could get to the play-style we love.

My question to the anti-boxxers is, how could we do this without harming the economy and damaging the community? What precautions should we take so that we don't accidentally level, or make money faster than other players would be capable of? And here's where it could get really bad....What if the leader runs around a corner and some of us get stuck, but we take it upon ourselves to just move and re-establish follow? What if one of us trinkets out of a CC individually, or heals another party member without consulting the leader first? Those scenarios alone would make our premade much more powerful than we ever could have been while doing the 'bad' multiboxing.

Since this premade would use the identical mechanics and be indistinguishable from single-human multiboxing, in very way and by definition, what would you consider to be the best way to identify ourselves from a bad multibox, so you could be relieved to know that your game experience wasn't being ruined, after all, if you saw us?

First ... 283637383940 ... Last