View Poll Results: Would you like multiboxing to be allowed?

Voters
950. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

268 28.21%
  • No.

682 71.79%

1. For all the Multiboxers here who continue to misinform the community on purpose using the excuse that in Retail Multiboxing is legal (for now)
    Multiboxing is legal on retail and Blizzard doesnt has any plans to change it.
    U are the one who is missinforming the community on purpose by spreading untrue rumors that blizzard would ban it.

2. Multiboxing is legal on retail and Blizzard doesnt has any plans to change it.
    U are the one who is missinforming the community on purpose by spreading untrue rumors that blizzard would ban it.
    So is Proterean a liar?

I myself I reed some news about the most famous retail multiboxer (37 char orde faction) being banned by blizzard some months ago.
    It was the same time when blizzard had banned 100k (6 months ban) accounts for using third party software (just after WOD relase). Than Blizzard said that they are tightening the rules for all the third party software abusers.
    If you have better sources, I plea you to post the links in this thread.

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....s-or-no/page32
    Edited: October 4, 2015

3. So is Proterean a liar?
    Where does Proterean exactly say that blizzard plans to disable multiboxing?
    I myself I reed some news about the most famous retail multiboxer (37 char orde faction) being banned by blizzard some months ago.
    What "most famous" multiboxer are u exactly talking about?
    One of the largest retail multiboxer is "Prepared" with 117 characters.
    U can watch him at https://www.youtube.com/user/Greatfett/videos
    His last video is 4 days old.
    It was the same time when blizzard had banned 100k (6 months ban) accounts for using third party software (just after WOD relase). Than Blizzard said that they are tightening the rules for all the third party software abusers.
    What u are talking about is the ban wave that happend to ppl using BG bots. It had nothing to do with multiboxing.
    If you have better sources, I plea you to post the links in this thread.
    Better sources than who?
    U didnt provide any sources.
    Edited: October 3, 2015

4. Where does Proterean exactly say that blizzard plans to disable multiboxing?

What "most famous" multiboxer are u exactly talking about?
    One of the largest retail multiboxer is "Prepared" with 117 characters.
    U can watch him at https://www.youtube.com/user/Greatfett/videos
    His last video is 4 days old.

What u are talking about is the ban wave that happend to ppl using BG bots. It had nothing to do with multiboxing.

Better sources than who?
    U didnt provide any sources.
    The ban is like 1 year old now and it was a 6 months long ban so the 4 days ago video confirm nothing

You can read the topic when Proterean says that Blizzard policy regarding Multiboxing is changing in the last years. If you don't get Proterean Topic you still be able to PM him for explanations.

Ok, I correct myself, "If you have sources I plea you to post them in this thread". As I said, I reed something about it, I'm not so much inside this kind of news.

5. Multi-boxing is a way to ruin the experience, both socially and how the player interacts with the world.

Firstly, A multi-boxer will simply race through all the content, and have almost no issues battling high level monsters - which would not otherwise possible if you were isolated.

Secondly, this emphasises unfair advantages: a multi-boxer can simply create 20 players and raid cities and ruin the questing experience of others. If you were progressing in an area, and a multi-boxer saw you, not only would you face them, but also 19 others. In a PvP scenario this is unfair. And this applies to battlegrounds as well.

Multi-boxers can queue for a battle-ground that gives a further disadvantage; if there are 5 multi-boxers, all of them can defend the flag without moving, and since their spells and abilities are automated, then it is significantly easier to kill players than ever before. Whereas the opposing team will have trouble defeating a bunch of automated Artificial Intelligence that is controlled by the player.

Thirdly, they can combat challenges otherwise impossible for normal players. A multi-boxer can solo dungeons, group quests, and potentially, solo raids - that would otherwise be impossible to perform without the use of multi-boxing. This means that it will be easier to gear up, get money, get gold, easier ability to PvP and quest - all advantages only available to the multi-boxer.

When a multi-boxer can level and gear up with a minute fraction of effort as compared to the normal player - setting up a group, finding players, discussing loot, etc. Then, yes. It is unfair.

The real analogy here is: you don't allow bots - artificial intelligence - that are automated to do a particular task using an algorithm that defines a specific task. But you do allow botting-based software, that allows you to create bots and form their own intelligence with your actions. In essence, the argument is, as long as the player defines the "bots" behaviour, it is fine to use. But when this behaviour is not defined by the player, then it is illegal. Both examples are the same of botting, but two different approaches.

The reason Warmane does it: Blizzard do it, so it is fine to deduce we should do it. Well, not exactly. Blizzard Entertainment require you to pay for each account you setup for WoW of around £10 pounds per month. That limits the amount of multi-boxers to perhaps, 3 - 4, which is drastically smaller in comparison to a free account. Here, you can create accounts for free, and shape bots for 50, 100, 150, where does it end?

Finally, server performance. By multi-boxing, creating potentially 50 - 100 bots, if not even more, it can affect the performance of the server. This would mean less players would be able to play on the server because of multi-boxers taking up the server's memory.

Ultimately, multi-boxing is unfair, whether it is a social, PvP, dungeon, raid, gearing-up, getting items, questing, killing monsters, or finding a group advantage that multi-boxers hold. They take up server memory preventing even greater players from accessing the server, and they can be in an unlimited form of players across hundreds of accounts.

6. Prepared is streaming in Twitch almost every week : http://www.twitch.tv/preparedwow . Right now playing with 86 chars but in the future he will go 120 chars.

7. The ban was like 1 year old now and it was a 6 months long ban so the 4 days ago video confirm nothing
    So like 1 year ago there was this one "most famous" multiboxer who got banned?
    Sadly u dont remember his name, u dont know why he got banned and u arent able to provide any source.
    I'm not so much inside this kind of news.
    Thats why I say that u are spreading rumors that are based on misinformations.

8. Multi-boxing is a way to ruin the experience, both socially and how the player interacts with the world.

Firstly, A multi-boxer will simply race through all the content, and have almost no issues battling high level monsters - which would not otherwise possible if you were isolated.

Secondly, this emphasises unfair advantages: a multi-boxer can simply create 20 players and raid cities and ruin the questing experience of others. If you were progressing in an area, and a multi-boxer saw you, not only would you face them, but also 19 others. In a PvP scenario this is unfair. And this applies to battlegrounds as well.

Multi-boxers can queue for a battle-ground that gives a further disadvantage; if there are 5 multi-boxers, all of them can defend the flag without moving, and since their spells and abilities are automated, then it is significantly easier to kill players than ever before. Whereas the opposing team will have trouble defeating a bunch of automated Artificial Intelligence that is controlled by the player.

Thirdly, they can combat challenges otherwise impossible for normal players. A multi-boxer can solo dungeons, group quests, and potentially, solo raids - that would otherwise be impossible to perform without the use of multi-boxing. This means that it will be easier to gear up, get money, get gold, easier ability to PvP and quest - all advantages only available to the multi-boxer.

When a multi-boxer can level and gear up with a minute fraction of effort as compared to the normal player - setting up a group, finding players, discussing loot, etc. Then, yes. It is unfair.

The real analogy here is: you don't allow bots - artificial intelligence - that are automated to do a particular task using an algorithm that defines a specific task. But you do allow botting-based software, that allows you to create bots and form their own intelligence with your actions. In essence, the argument is, as long as the player defines the "bots" behaviour, it is fine to use. But when this behaviour is not defined by the player, then it is illegal. Both examples are the same of botting, but two different approaches.

The reason Warmane does it: Blizzard do it, so it is fine to deduce we should do it. Well, not exactly. Blizzard Entertainment require you to pay for each account you setup for WoW of around £10 pounds per month. That limits the amount of multi-boxers to perhaps, 3 - 4, which is drastically smaller in comparison to a free account. Here, you can create accounts for free, and shape bots for 50, 100, 150, where does it end?

Finally, server performance. By multi-boxing, creating potentially 50 - 100 bots, if not even more, it can affect the performance of the server. This would mean less players would be able to play on the server because of multi-boxers taking up the server's memory.

Ultimately, multi-boxing is unfair, whether it is a social, PvP, dungeon, raid, gearing-up, getting items, questing, killing monsters, or finding a group advantage that multi-boxers hold. They take up server memory preventing even greater players from accessing the server, and they can be in an unlimited form of players across hundreds of accounts.
    I can add that with the new Point system (achievement based) Multiboxers have the power to get an incredible amount of achievemets with no effort at all, killing the cities kings, soloing dungeons, etc etc.
    It is Just unfair and imbalanced in my opinion, especially for all the donors who are supposed to have access the the best END game possible for their character and so to have the best possible mean to get the achievements and all the END game goals.

9. I can add that with the new Point system (achievement based) Multiboxers have the power to get an incredible amount of achievemets with no effort at all, killing the cities kings, soloing dungeons, etc etc.
    It is Just unfair and imbalanced in my opinion, especially for all the donors who are supposed to have access the the best END game possible for their character and so to have the best possible mean to get the achievements and all the END game goals.
    1) The best end game gear wont be available for vote points. Only item up to 271 ilvl. All heroic weapons and armor will be unavailable.
    2) Lordaeron will have no point shop
    3) Nobody knows how the new Point system will exactly work and nobody knows if it gonna be harder or easier as multiboxer to collect the points. Making theories about it is highly speculative.
    Edited: October 3, 2015

10. So like 1 year ago there was this one "most famous" multiboxer who got banned?
    Sadly u dont remember his name, u dont know why he got banned and u arent able to provide any source.

Thats why I say that u are spreading rumors that are based on misinformations.
    I just added my knowledge of the subject to the informations from other players and in this case the Proterean information.
    Then I made my opinion about the Blizzard policy.

Why have Blizzard disabled the "follow" function in battlegrounds if not to stop Multiboxing in BGs?

BTW this squabble most end cuz is unhealthy to the thread.

11. 1) The best end game gear wont be available for vote points. Only item up to 271 ilvl. All heroic weapons and armor will be unavailable.
    2) Lordaeron will have no point shop
    3) Nobody knows how the new Point system will exactly work and nobody knows if it gonna be harder or easier as multiboxer to collect the points. Making theories about it is hyper speculative.
    You didn't get my point.
    Donors who did donate for coins and did get their ultimate gear should be able to accomplish the tasks for achievements and all the other tasks without any additional trouble than any other player.

Then you still clutching at straws with your assumptions of the future of the vote points.

EDIT: I'm talking about the present multiboxers power to abuse in all the servers to have an image of what they will be able to do in Lordaeron

12. Why have Blizzard disabled the "follow" function in battlegrounds if not to stop Multiboxing in BGs?
    I already told u that they made it to stop BG bots.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard
    "We disabled /follow from use in battlegrounds to curb some of the most basic types of bots that use the command. We chose not to communicate it beforehand in attempts to catch as many bots unaware as possible. Removing /follow in battlegrounds is one small change we can make immediately to stop a number of bots, and those that choose to transition to more overt botting methods will have a much higher chance of being caught and banned. We did consider those who use /follow for other reasons, including multiboxing, before making the change. Multiboxing in battlegrounds has been a long-fought battle within the community, as the effect of multiboxers in those situations is considered unfavorable by many. When we were looking to make a change to disable a command used by bots, which would benefit the game as a whole, we were ok with it also resulting in multiboxing in battlegrounds also going away due to the poor experience it can create for others.
    Right now /follow is also disabled in Arenas, but we’re looking to revert that change as bots don’t typically exist in Arenas, and multiboxing in that kind of pre-determined group environment doesn’t tend to be as disruptive. "
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...775?page=6#104

That was in 2013 and today there are still retail multiboxer that are actively multiboxing in BGs using alternative follow methods and Blizzard is fine with it.

13. I already told u that they made it to stop BG bots.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...775?page=6#104

That was in 2013 and today there are still retail multiboxer that are actively multiboxing in BGs using alternative follow methods and Blizzard is fine with it.
    Blizzard isn't fine whith it as you can read, Blizzard consider Multiboxing in BGs an issue

14. http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....tiboxing/page3
    For all the Multiboxers here who continue to misinform the community on purpose using the excuse that in Retail Multiboxing is legal (for now)
    I think all your intentions here are good, but I have a few thoughts...

The boxer in that post could have kept multiboxing on retail, he just didn't want to adapt to the removal of follow in BGs I assume. In march of 2013 they disabled follow in BGs. They explicitly said it was to thwart follow bots and that multiboxing is still allowed. Here is a video of multiboxing on retail in AV after /follow was removed using Interract-with-target combined with click-to-move.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ige2Q5hmGkc

Also, we have been hearing this legal 'for now' stuff for literally over a decade, and yet it's still allowed in all scenarios. Blizzard has always defended the allowing of multiboxing since day 1. I could mine quotes from long ago if you like. Here is the latest post from a Blizzard official that I could find from this year...
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18300113639#15

That's a pretty solid defense for Multboxing, the use keyboard multiplexing being legal and not being considered automation, and a rejection of the 'blizzard only allows it because you pay for each account' canard. I could pull up older blizz quotes that span over a decade if you want but I think we're all tired of seeing them over and over, year after year.

So is Proterean a liar?
    Well, let's look at some history to see why he isn't:

In March of 2013, "Ghostcrawler", the Lead Systems Designer at blizzard announced that /follow in BGs and Arenas were being disabled to stop follow bots. Later, they added /follow back in arena for multiboxers and blind players since bots weren't such a problem there. But, he also used the word 'tolerated' for the first time with reference to multiboxing. This really was a nerve-wracking month to be Multiboxer because we didn't know what to expect in the future. We were used to always having a rock-solid defense from Blizz. What *did* happen was that 8 months later, Nov. 2013, Ghostcrawler was gone from blizzard and I have never heard 'tolerated' again since. Only solid defense of multiboxing like in the link I showed above, just like the old days.

So let's look at the description of this topic:
    ...We have decided to support the idea, as it was a blizzlike concept which we wished to follow. However, in recent years, that blizzlike concept changed and so far several precautions have been done to limit the capability of multiboxing and the stance on this subject is that it is merely tolerated, rather than allowed...
    One precaution, no /follow in BGs, was made to stop bots. Blizzard specifically said that the effect it had on Multiboxers and blind players was an unfortunate side effect. Apart from that, multiboxers have had *zero* limitations directed at them that I can find or know of. The term 'merely tolerated' was used by a former employee and I haven't seen it used again in the last two years after he was fired, only explicit defenses like the link above.

I wouldn't call it a lie but it is a bit loaded and over-stated.

First ... 273536373839 ... Last