1. Spell penetration and Expertise

So, since the new core doesn't seem to be coming anytime soon, I was wondering about spell pen and expertise on this server.

Seems to me, spell pen doesn't do anything, I don't get any resists / no notable differences in damage with or without it being capped.
    Same goes for expertise, but I'm not entirely sure how to test this properly.

Has anyone any more info whether or not these stats are doing anything at all? Or is this another bugged thing we have to live with for now?

2. So, since the new core doesn't seem to be coming anytime soon, I was wondering about spell pen and expertise on this server.

Seems to me, spell pen doesn't do anything, I don't get any resists / no notable differences in damage with or without it being capped.
    Same goes for expertise, but I'm not entirely sure how to test this properly.

Has anyone any more info whether or not these stats are doing anything at all? Or is this another bugged thing we have to live with for now?
    i test spell penetration and expertise like half a year, they both work. now i have no idea.

3. Its VERY hard to believe that expertise is working as intended. Agility classes just dodge/parry 50% of the time, AT LEAST. The character stats may say otherwise, but I have faced enough of these guys to know that expertise on this realm is supreme bull****. Also the DR on dodge/parry doesn't seem to work either, for example a feral could get enough RNG to deny just about all melee damage from the front. Before you tell us to go behind our target, I've been dodged from behind on several occasions.

There is a reason why every 1v1 event is just spammed with AGI classes during the final rounds. STR classes are weeded out very early on, AS A RESULT of this.

This may be pure anecdote, but this kind of consistency is too much to ignore.

inb4 someone redirects me to bugtracker, been there done that, etc.

4. Let's be clear about what the 201 Spell Pen / 20 expertise are there for...

20 expertise: Classes do not benefit from abilities they do not receive passive defensive bonuses for. This means... priests won't dodge or parry....
    201 Spell Pen: Players won't resist your damage. This can be checked in the combat log.
    So far as the cap, expertise and spell penetration seem to be working perfectly.

Beyond the "cap", It's easy to say expertise is broken because rogues and ferals dodge much more than 30%.

5. Yeah they both work as intended,if you get dodged by feral/rog it´s only natural..it´s the way things are in cataclysm.The ****ty thing is for DK that if he gets dodged/parried his runes dont regen as fast as they should(BUG).If you´re warrior just try to charge em before you throwdown,or use it when you are 100% sure you are behind,I have never been dodged nor parried from behind.Let´s all cross our fingers and hope for AT core.

6. LOL ik about Spell pen cuz its working perfectly... but.... Expertise is not as a Warrior i know and i have tested taht i dodge on mages priests and parry them sometimes thats not all i also BLOCK on Ench shamys while they are not useing a shield how is that possible? I parry on wars soo much that i can even hit em without useing overpower why is that??? They should fix that Expertise!

7. Oh man the amount of times my pet stun got dodged by mages,priests,etc; I can't even begin to count. To put this in a different perspective, imagine if, for example, a mage's ice lance had a chance to do ZERO damage. And not only "a" chance, a huge chance. Playing melee is just rage-inducing for this reason, unless of course the melee happens to be a beneficiary of this bug.

8. There is such an easy solution to so many prolems....AT core...

9. Spell pen isn't bugged, spell resistance is bugged. You cannot resist spells. Although, having said that on my Mik's scrolling battle text addon, it very rarely says that dispell magic on my priest was resisted, idk if this is a bug or what.