1. FOS/POS/HOR Enabled?

Hello!
    i want to Start a discussion about fos/pos/hor and why i think its bad for the game.
    firstly the dungeons are made as a catch up mechanic, to make your gearing go faster.
    I know some people might argue this is a good thing, but it also make older raids irrelevant for gearing except ToC and VoA.
    Id like gearing to be abit longer than grinding PoS for 2 days then one ToC run and you are good for icc.
    I want to gear up in older raids like Naxx/Ulduar and then go to ToC.
    This would not only make old raids relevant again but it would also make gearing more of a journey through raids, instead of a boring dungeon grind.
    I realize that it will take more time to gear up in Naxx/Ulduar, but ICC isnt going anywhere.

If the server is to be a progressive server with x1 xp you might aswell extend endgame and making all raids relevant, this would give the server much more replay value i think.
    The important quests in FoS/PoS/HoR could be ported to other dungeons/raids, if there even are any important quests in fos/pos/hor.

i just want to make a discussion about this.
    What do you think?

anyway im not used to write posts, and i am sorry for my bad grammar and structure of this text.

2. Agreed, heroics should only give heroism badges as well, though this will limit the amount of people running heroics lategame.

3. Just enable it, why do you want to make a vanilla of this server?

4. well imo, HCs should only provide basic gear so you can clear naxx.
    they could provide something that made people with good gear want to do it aswell, such as proffession drops etc

5. i do not want to make a vanilla server out of it, but i dont see the reason to give so much effort to script raids then making them irrelevant as fast as ICC releases because of 3 dungeons that people should be sick of by now :P
    i dont see why this would be negative in any way. they could maybe keep the dungeons but nerf the drops from
    219N/232HC to 180ish greens/200blues in normal and;
    200blues with a chance on 200 epic in last boss in HC
    speaking ilvl
    and keep battered hilt as a 219ilvl epic

6. Yeah good.

And ICC ported FOS POS.

Obviously..

7. what do you mean with "And ICC ported FOS POS."?
    I knew that fos/pos released with 3.3.0 i dont see how that matters with my point.
    if thats what you meant anyway

8. Srsly Fos and Pos is everything.Dats funny.

9. you do realize how big part of the game gets removed when fos/pos launches?.
    I dont mean that icc would be affected nor voa, or ToC. But as fos/pos has higher ilvl than naxx, and the same as ulduar.
    There is little to no reason what so ever to go ulduar or naxx when icc/fos/pos launches, which is sad as those raids are always praised by wotlk players.

10. There might be some attunements involved (i.e., you must complete ToC to get the quest/FoS available for ya, and must complete Ulduar to be qualified for ToC).

11. Id love attunements from nax -> uld -> toc -> icc and the dungeons, i dont think most people would agree with this tho.
    but i might be wrong

12. No FoS/HoS/PoS.
    It's a catch up mechanic that kills all lower tier raids.
    I assume Lord is staying at Wotlk, so why ruin half the content.

Catch up mechanics are made when you've missed half the limited time of the expansion so that you can experience the high end "finale" of the expansion before the next one comes.
    On that account, it's best to keep lower end raids still viable.
    So I vote screw ICC 5mans, and maybe even the HC version of ToC 5 too. Just HC version.

13. agreed, lordaeran is comfirmed to be Wotlk only, so icc is here to stay.
    no need to rush it, i dont think you should get higher than 200 ilvl from dungeons.
    and 200 ilvl is normal hc dungeon blues/epics

14. Id love attunements from nax -> uld -> toc -> icc and the dungeons, i dont think most people would agree with this tho.
    but i might be wrong
    I totally agree with this. if it's a server that is not going to change expansions, they should have attunements in place.

15. yeah just grinding fos/pos gets boring quite fast, attunements would also be amazing.

123 Last