1. warriors before wrathful gear

I was playing warrior on retail from season 3 to season 8 and I wanted to play on Lordaeron but somebody told me Wrathful season/ICC gear will begin in 1-1.5 year.

I want to know if there are going to be any balance changes regarding pvp because as you may know warriors are going to be the weakest class during deadly, furious and relentless seasons/gear.
    I already played on progressive private server couple years ago too (from TBC to Wotlk to Cata). When I played there I did noticeable damage only with Mjolnir Runestone active for 10 seconds and execute procs. I spent rest of my time pooling rage while doing negative dmg. Armor pene. proc trinkets were not available during deadly and furious season.
    I noticed these gamebreaking issues during deadly, furious and relentless content:

1. Rage generation. Warriors need rage to use abilities/do damage. With low gear you are gonna be constantly rage starved. ie: auto-attacking for 7-10 seconds to use mortal strike. This completely changes the gameplay of whole class, other classes dont have this issue.

2. Bladestorm disarm nerf. Bladestorm was nerfed during wrathful season. Before this nerf bladestorm COULD NOT be disarmed. It was bread and butter for every warrior and key ability.

3. Execute nerf. Execute was nerfed at the start of relentless season. Before this nerf execute didnt have rage cap. Difference between 30 rage execute and 100 rage execute is around 6-7k dmg on critical strike. This was reason why warrior was viable during deadly and relentless season even when doing low dmg with other abilities. Getting somebody to 20% hp meant instant death.

4. Armor penetration and nerf/gear dependence . Armor penetration was nerfed during relentless season. Affecting all classes using this stat. Armor penetration is best stat for warriors and its almost impossible to get without icc gear. Compared to other classes which already have their most effective stats in pvp gear already.

5. Resilience buff. At the start of relentless season resilience was buffed. Now reducing ALL damage done instead of dot damage. This buffed every class stacking resilience(all casters) and reduced damage of classes using lot of pve gear.

6. All damage done by warrior is affected by weapon damage. With terrible weapons available warriors are going to terrible damage.

Compared to casters who are usually have base damage + scale from spell power on top of spamable cc.
    example: Chaos bolt base damage is 1850 and scales with spell power by 0.85
    With deadly gear and 2k spell power its 3550 damage and with wrathful gear 3200 spellpower its 4570 damage.
    Lets assume you have 700 resilience with deadly gear(usually players have around 500 with deadly gear) which is 15% damage reduction and 1200 resilience with wrathful gear=25% damage reduction.
    This means that chaos bolt does on average 3017 damage with deadly gear and 3427 damage with wrathfull gear.
    That is only 410 damage difference with non crit chaos bolt.

Critical strike chaos bolt:
    deadly gear=7100 damage, reduced by flat resilience 0.85=6035 damage, reduced by crit resilience0.85=5130
    wrathful gear=9140 damage, reduced by 0.75=6855 and by crit resilience 0.75=5140
    This basically means that chaos bolt is going to do even more damage on critical strikes in deadly season than in wrathfull season.
    Keep in mind there are much smaller health pools.
    Correct me if I am wrong.

(For people saying reroll prot pvp for first seasons: charge and intercept removed roots/snares and shield block was doing 25k crits with block gear in furious season.)
    Edited: September 30, 2015

2. I wanted to level warrior, prot for pve and pvp. But prot is gear dependent later on, needs dps trinkets for pvp and I dont have experience as a tank. I dont think there is some guild who will have patience to learn new tank so Im leveling hunter, cuz its the most fun class for me. Maybe fire mages are same on fun scale :)
    Well Im thinking that wrathfull season will come earlier but pls dont rush it.

3. Kinda got autism from reading that. How are casters gonna be strong with 0 haste? I agree that s5-s6 was unbalanced as fck in live but lordaeron will still run on 3.3.5 patch. Warriors gonna be strong, slightly weaker than DKs, all l2p question.

4. I want to know if there are going to be any balance changes regarding pvp because as you may know warriors are going to be the weakest class during deadly, furious and relentless seasons/gear.
    Not the strongest. But far from the weakest class. there are several classes and speccs that are much weaker. So i can't see the problem. Just because they are not the strongest does not mean they are weak. you have to compare them to all classes not just focus on the ones that are stonger

5. The core is 3.3.5.

You will have all class changes and abilities as of patch 3.3.5 regardless of content available on the realm.

6. The core is 3.3.5.

You will have all class changes and abilities as of patch 3.3.5 regardless of content available on the realm.
    From what I read, I believe that is the problem the OP is referring to.Warriors got nerfed on 3.3.5 to balance out the huge stats they got from ICC.

@OP: Deal with it, other classes will be seriously underpowered and others will be seriously overpowered.

7. From what I read, I believe that is the problem the OP is referring to.Warriors got nerfed on 3.3.5 to balance out the huge stats they got from ICC.

@OP: Deal with it, other classes will be seriously underpowered and others will be seriously overpowered.
    This is my point, I already played on blizzlike progressive realm and everybody complained about deadly, furious and relentless season. As warrior I was absolutely useless against any class with leather+ armor. Literally just standing on somebody attacking him for 15 seconds to get rage for mortal and hamstring. I was literally doing 3 digit damage meanwhile warlocks/shamans/mages were hitting me for more damage than in bis wrathful gear.

If you want to have 1 year of this "BLIZZLIKE" pvp there is not even point in playing warrior.

Again I dont know how long are these seasons going to be.

Not the strongest. But far from the weakest class. there are several classes and speccs that are much weaker. So i can't see the problem. Just because they are not the strongest does not mean they are weak. you have to compare them to all classes not just focus on the ones that are stonger
    Please could you state some examples. I am really curious.
    Edited: September 30, 2015

8. Hmmm.

So all those skilled wariors in elwyn forest, duelling bis players while wearing their full brutal gear set and owning the duels, is just a lie? Or am I missing something...

Maybe I'm missing the fact that all warior abilities are not depending on the gear but depending on the player skill instead. Shield bash, nice charges, reflex reflects, kiting, etc etc etc, nice timed wall or retalliation, etc etc etc, ...

The part about rage building, when was building rage ever depending on the player his gear?

Let's talk about haste. Every caster, except for fire mages, depends on haste. I'm pretty sure that haste only comes after furious season. Wariors depend on crit which you can get without stacking bis agility gear. Just not 50%. So again wariors are outmatching other classes.

Maybe the lack of armor penetration? Yeah when facing feral druids or prot paladins you might encounter some difficulties, that's all.

Deal with it, warior will be as op as it has always been.

9. Please could you state some examples. I am really curious.
    Like warior vs mage. Already difficult to build rage (i dont really understand what wrathfull gear or furious gear has got to do with building rage) will just become the same fight as when bis vs bis gear.

Just because I'm curious: are all the wariors complaining top ranked or just some randoms.....?

10. S8 was broken becasue of crazy pve gear,S7 was the best regarding balance and S5 was ruined with DK and ret.
    I think thnings willk be better without pve gear.

11. Hmmm.

So all those skilled wariors in elwyn forest, duelling bis players while wearing their full brutal gear set and owning the duels, is just a lie? Or am I missing something...

Maybe I'm missing the fact that all warior abilities are not depending on the gear but depending on the player skill instead. Shield bash, nice charges, reflex reflects, kiting, etc etc etc, nice timed wall or retalliation, etc etc etc, ...

The part about rage building, when was building rage ever depending on the player his gear?

Let's talk about haste. Every caster, except for fire mages, depends on haste. I'm pretty sure that haste only comes after furious season. Wariors depend on crit which you can get without stacking bis agility gear. Just not 50%. So again wariors are outmatching other classes.

Maybe the lack of armor penetration? Yeah when facing feral druids or prot paladins you might encounter some difficulties, that's all.

Deal with it, warior will be as op as it has always been.
    Honestly I am not sure what you mean. I am talking about damage, warrior doesnt have any cc/burst on 3.3.5a and is played only by uptime. That means if you can stick on target for extended period of time you should kill them. This doesnt happen with low ilvl gear because no mather how long can you stick on your target you do no pressure.

Rage is calculated by damage dealt. The less damage you deal the less rage you have, the less abilities you can use=even less damage.
    As you can see in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTKPvlX0Sgs

You are also lacking knowledge about armor penetration. But I am not going to explain, just google how armor penetration works.

Also your third point is invalid because warrior does not depend on agility, strength does more damage than agility in every pvp situation.

If you read my whole original post you would know that critical strikes from spells like chaos bolt do more damage in deadly season than in wrathful season. Which cause serious inbalance already. Deadly gear has haste btw. Also haste is irelevant in lot of situations ie: warlock because of conflag. proc.

Like warior vs mage. Already difficult to build rage (i dont really understand what wrathfull gear or furious gear has got to do with building rage) will just become the same fight as when bis vs bis gear.

Just because I'm curious: are all the wariors complaining top ranked or just some randoms.....?
    just fyi i was glad season 5 6 as warrior. and season 6 7 8 as DK on retail. But that is completely irrelevant.

I was not talking about situation when you take damage. When you take 0 damage you will be rage starving.

12. good warrs will always be on top everyone else should go and play on ragnaros and invest some money

13. Honestly I am not sure what you mean. I am talking about damage, warrior doesnt have any cc/burst on 3.3.5a and is played only by uptime. That means if you can stick on target for extended period of time you should kill them. This doesnt happen with low ilvl gear because no mather how long can you stick on your target you do no pressure.

Rage is calculated by damage dealt. The less damage you deal the less rage you have, the less abilities you can use=even less damage.
    As you can see in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTKPvlX0Sgs

You are also lacking knowledge about armor penetration. But I am not going to explain, just google how armor penetration works.

Also your third point is invalid because warrior does not depend on agility, strength does more damage than agility in every pvp situation.

If you read my whole original post you would know that critical strikes from spells like chaos bolt do more damage in deadly season than in wrathful season. Which cause serious inbalance already. Deadly gear has haste btw. Also haste is irelevant in lot of situations ie: warlock because of conflag. proc.

just fyi i was glad season 5 6 as warrior. and season 6 7 8 as DK on retail. But that is completely irrelevant.

I was not talking about situation when you take damage. When you take 0 damage you will be rage starving.
    You are full of bull****. I never said wariors depend on agility, I said they depend on crit. Lack of damage? seriously everybody is going to be undergeared and dealing low damage, if you can't accept that this also counts for wariors just like anyone else you shouldn't pay on lordaeron.

No cc? No burst? Then explain me what charge, intercept, intervene + charge, intervene + fear (to protect your party idk), shield bash, spell reflect, ...... If this isn't cc to you or you just have no idea how to use it as cc being a warior, then stop playing warior. Burst? c'mon you have ****ing 50% reduced healing and bleeds and overpower and then you can bladestorm...

It's all in proportion. Stop thinking warior is the ultimate class that should always be overpowered as ****.

14. Read all of this and came to conclusion that either;

1) OP has never played the game before
    2) is delusional and havent been above 2k
    3) has autism

pick two.

15. S8 was broken becasue of crazy pve gear,S7 was the best regarding balance and S5 was ruined with DK and ret.
    I think thnings willk be better without pve gear.
    Spot on there bud.
    Tbh all the seasons before wrathful were fine. S7 was indeed the best but wrath was the 1 worst season, mainly because of ICC trinkets/Lolmourne

12 Last