1. Vanilla and TBC raids

Greetings, Jody from Warmane-Con here.

I was wondering if anything could be done to include the old raids into the game (and for a good reason.)

As we all know, a LOT of people had the misconception that a month was plenty long enough to both reach level 60, as well as enjoy the fun of level 60 raids.

But when you think about it, it doesn't really work out that way. A majority of players are stuck within the lvl 25 - 45 range, and week one is almost over in a matter of hours. Raids take a week to reset. So even if enough players got teamed up at level 60, in the next week, to run a level 60 raid. The most they could DO these raids is... well, twice, because of raid resets.

So, what's the solution here? Do these raids just continue to be mindlessly ran for the fun or cool looking items whenever everyone hits 80? Do players create level 60 and 70 twink guilds again and cut off their experience at these levels?

Or, can we see the "Hard-core" effect of this new realm go into effect on these depreciated old raids?

If I may suggest, I think it would be quite intriguing to see these raids have their "Heroic" mode converted into a "80's" mode. A mode with increased HP and Attack / Defenses for bosses, but with the same retro tactics.

The normal version can remain the same, for sake of keeping the flavor there for the players who want to make guilds and such based on twinking for those raids.

Now, as for the items that drop there, I don't know how crazy you guys would like to get with editing gear to suit an 80's mode raid, but it would be pretty sick to see some of the old armor models come to life as well. (Alternatively, you could always add in Transmogrification for WOTLK, but that's a suggestion for another day.)

But here's another suggestion on loot: You could always add Emblems of Triumph (probably not Frost, as that might be a bit extreme of a reward) to the loot tables.

Molten Core, Kharazan, Ahn'Qiraj, Tempest Keep, Ah..... all of it would be amazing beefed up and challenging.

Just think about it for a minute. Think about what you would be creating for this community; something that Blizzard never did, no matter how much they got fussed at by their fan-base. What did they give their fans? Heroic Deadmines and other poppycock like that.

But YOU, Warmane, you would be an absolute heart-melter with this kind of update.

Just my thoughts,
    Jody

PS: Keep up the great work! Loving Lordaeron!

PPS: This might help quench the thirst of those who are constantly begging for a Vanilla or TBC server to open up.
    Edited: October 1, 2015

2. I love this idea so much! I agree that we should do it. But what if the remake raids we're above icc? Like so to say. ICC < 60 RAIDS < 70 RAIDS.

3. Redesigning multiple raids into level 80 raids is more then changing numbers. This whole idea will be a no go as the dev team has enough to focus on. I must say I do agree on the part where Vanilla and TBC content cannot be enjoyed to it's full potential. We would be better off if the period inbetween would be doubled. As in 2 months Vanilla, 2 months TBC and after that WotLK. This should give the PvP'ers amongst us also enough time to gear up and enjoy vanilla/TBC seasons.

4. Redesigning multiple raids into level 80 raids is more then changing numbers. This whole idea will be a no go as the dev team has enough to focus on. I must say I do agree on the part where Vanilla and TBC content cannot be enjoyed to it's full potential. We would be better off if the period inbetween would be doubled. As in 2 months Vanilla, 2 months TBC and after that WotLK. This should give the PvP'ers amongst us also enough time to gear up and enjoy vanilla/TBC seasons.
    I thought of that being a solution as well. But then I got to thinking, wouldn't that alienate new players who came around to the realm? They would feel constantly like they missed out.

I'm aware it's more than just boosting numbers, however they recently placed a poll about if they should do something similar to this idea to Naxxramas. That's where I got the thought.

Sure, they have their hands full, but when do they not? I'm sure they would approve if enough players enjoy the thought of an update like this. :)

5. This has been discussed actually, it just requires too much work to be currently added into the game
    Something like Timewalking from retail Warlords of Draenor would require tons of work. It may be added in the future, but not anytime soon and its just been brought up as "this would be nice to have", no definite plans

6. This has been discussed actually, it just requires too much work to be currently added into the game
    Something like Timewalking from retail Warlords of Draenor would require tons of work. It may be added in the future, but not anytime soon and its just been brought up as "this would be nice to have", no definite plans
    Well, good to know it's atleast been discussed.

How about Transmogs for WOTLK? Any talk about that being a possibility?

7. Well, good to know it's atleast been discussed.

How about Transmogs for WOTLK? Any talk about that being a possibility?
    This has been said close to 100 times in this forums already, transmogs won't happen.

8. I think all can rise their proff and make 1 or 2 twinks. One month is not too long for x1. I don`t waste my time for low lvl dungeon and raids couze its not necessary.

9. Greetings, Jody from Warmane-Con here.

I was wondering if anything could be done to include the old raids into the game (and for a good reason.)

As we all know, a LOT of people had the misconception that a month was plenty long enough to both reach level 60, as well as enjoy the fun of level 60 raids.

But when you think about it, it doesn't really work out that way. A majority of players are stuck within the lvl 25 - 45 range, and week one is almost over in a matter of hours. Raids take a week to reset. So even if enough players got teamed up at level 60, in the next week, to run a level 60 raid. The most they could DO these raids is... well, twice, because of raid resets.

So, what's the solution here? Do these raids just continue to be mindlessly ran for the fun or cool looking items whenever everyone hits 80? Do players create level 60 and 70 twink guilds again and cut off their experience at these levels?

Or, can we see the "Hard-core" effect of this new realm go into effect on these depreciated old raids?

If I may suggest, I think it would be quite intriguing to see these raids have their "Heroic" mode converted into a "80's" mode. A mode with increased HP and Attack / Defenses for bosses, but with the same retro tactics.

The normal version can remain the same, for sake of keeping the flavor there for the players who want to make guilds and such based on twinking for those raids.

Now, as for the items that drop there, I don't know how crazy you guys would like to get with editing gear to suit an 80's mode raid, but it would be pretty sick to see some of the old armor models come to life as well. (Alternatively, you could always add in Transmogrification for WOTLK, but that's a suggestion for another day.)

But here's another suggestion on loot: You could always add Emblems of Triumph (probably not Frost, as that might be a bit extreme of a reward) to the loot tables.

Molten Core, Kharazan, Ahn'Qiraj, Tempest Keep, Ah..... all of it would be amazing beefed up and challenging.

Just think about it for a minute. Think about what you would be creating for this community; something that Blizzard never did, no matter how much they got fussed at by their fan-base. What did they give their fans? Heroic Deadmines and other poppycock like that.

But YOU, Warmane, you would be an absolute heart-melter with this kind of update.

Just my thoughts,
    Jody

PS: Keep up the great work! Loving Lordaeron!

PPS: This might help quench the thirst of those who are constantly begging for a Vanilla or TBC server to open up.

This. Oh please this. Yes, lots of work. Hire me I will work on this idea for free. So glad you guys have considered it though, such a good plan I would go crazy, I never got to experience Vanilla or TBC raids competitivley, and honestly I don't see me getting to with Lord, not enough time, I find questing to be difficult as it is right now with everyone else taking stuff for quest collections. I constantly find groups of other questers as many as 7 or 8 waiting for one thing to spawn, and it's frustrating lol.

10. This. Oh please this. Yes, lots of work. Hire me I will work on this idea for free. So glad you guys have considered it though, such a good plan I would go crazy, I never got to experience Vanilla or TBC raids competitivley, and honestly I don't see me getting to with Lord, not enough time, I find questing to be difficult as it is right now with everyone else taking stuff for quest collections. I constantly find groups of other questers as many as 7 or 8 waiting for one thing to spawn, and it's frustrating lol.
    Questing gets easier. I find 1-35 to be the most difficult. With BC/LK being SOO much better than vanilla questing. Also, even if we did get an extension and raided Vanilla and TBC, it would be nothing like it was on live. The patch differences effect so much. DPS is SOO much higher, the raids would be a complete breeze, like it would be a dungeon with more people. And you could easily do it for example, a 40man raid with 25m or something and still do mroe DPS than in Vanilla patch.

11. This has been said close to 100 times in this forums already, transmogs won't happen.
    Well it's not every day a new realm launches on Warmane. You never know what can happen.

Assuredly, they're going for a blizz-like feel. However, with the polls and such going that small, yet dramatic, points of the game can be changed, we may as well toss up ideas that we would like to see.

They're here, listening to us.

They've made quite a-lot of dramatic changes to appearance, especially with the WoD models. (Bravo on that by the way, Warmane. Looks great!)

Why can't Transmogs or any of these other great ideas be suggested at the dawn of a new realm? Isn't that what it's all about?

Sure, if we were just releasing an x1 server, I probably would be all hush and not even bothering. But seeing that they're willing to adapt new fun and enticing changes to a dying expansion, I won't hesitate to put my own ideas out there.

All these changes, all this brilliance they're putting into play now on this new realm, it's enough to swarm so many players that it crashes the server until the player rate was raised to 5000 players.

I am one of many, who have an idea to show and provide. If we don't show our desire, how do they know what we would like to see?

TL;DR
    Effectively, I do not know what limits or such are on their skills or taskforce or what sort of blizz-like barriers they're willing to surpass on this new realm; no one REALLY does.

So until then, let's ignore what they've shut out in the past, and treat this as a new day. It's fine to suggest something; it's not like I'm saying "Omg, add this now or I quit."

No hostility or sarcasm is meant within these words here, and I hope you don't take it that way.
    Edited: October 1, 2015

12. It has been said that many times about Lordaeron.

13. Questing gets easier. I find 1-35 to be the most difficult. With BC/LK being SOO much better than vanilla questing. Also, even if we did get an extension and raided Vanilla and TBC, it would be nothing like it was on live. The patch differences effect so much. DPS is SOO much higher, the raids would be a complete breeze, like it would be a dungeon with more people. And you could easily do it for example, a 40man raid with 25m or something and still do mroe DPS than in Vanilla patch.
    Yes it would be easier in some sense. But the gearing up, the fact that you would still have to learn all the mechanics to down bosses, etc would still be much better then the faceroll you can do now.

14. If they we're to increase the levels hp ect. Vannila and tbc raids would be harder than icc. I.e sunwell

15. Well it's not every day a new realm launches on Warmane. You never know what can happen.

-snip-
    If it's not blizz-like, then it is unlikely to happen. But don't let that discourage you from suggesting it.

12 Last