1. It took me over 200 solo runs to Stratholme to get Rivendare's Deathcharger. I was very proud of it!

2. i have 3k above achievement and my account is in good standing..still getting only .5 vp only :(

3. Alright, this reworks is very good and effecitve in my honest opinion :) I have only one question, which was not clarified in the description: If I happen to delete one of my characters which had - let's say 500 achievement points - then am I going to lose my account achievement points, or it's "carved in stone"? Also, does Blackrock's achievement points count in the calculation?

4. Just add mounts and pets back, please. I like this change, if I ever roll an alt it'll be nice to get trinks and weps right off the bat but I really want pets and mounts and please put them all up there and give a tired, bored collector something to do again.

Cheers.

5. Alright, this reworks is very good and effecitve in my honest opinion :) I have only one question, which was not clarified in the description: If I happen to delete one of my characters which had - let's say 500 achievement points - then am I going to lose my account achievement points, or it's "carved in stone"? Also, does Blackrock's achievement points count in the calculation?
    If you deleted your toon, those achiev points wont count ofc. And achievs count for ALL your characters, across all the realms on that account.

6. If you deleted your toon, those achiev points wont count ofc. And achievs count for ALL your characters, across all the realms on that account.
    Thank you :)

7. The wrath of the lich king point shop has been re-released.

Maximum item level obtainable through the point shop is now 271 for wrath of the lich king, this however excludes Wrathful Gladiator gear.
    No heroic items are available via the point shop.
    Only Weapons and Armor are available for the time being.

More information can be found at http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....nt-shop-rework

This follows the release of the Activity rank.

Information about point increments:
    Spoiler: Show
    You can earn all the way up to 1.2.

Good standing (not banned in the past) yields you with +0.5

You only need 5,000 achievement points from unique achievements across all your characters on all expansions to get +0.7 which means you're earning the highest possible amount of points daily, (12 before squish, 1.2 after).

If you happen to get banned at any point, you instantly forfeit the +0.5, meaning you need 8,000 achievement points to get 1 point per day, you can never reach 1.2 per day.

points > 8000 = +1
    points > 7000 = +0.9
    points > 6000 = +0.8
    points > 5000 = +0.7
    points > 4000 = +0.6
    points > 3000 = +0.5
    points > 2000 = +0.4
    points > 1000 or 1000 = +0.3
    points < 1000 = 0 total, good standing is not factored in here either, meaning you have to atleast play the game to begin gaining points.
    That's something you'd need Edifice to answer.
    Quoting from the main post:
    I have slight issues with the activity ranks. I believe the coupling of the ranking system with the achiev pts was made so as to make sure that only active players got the rewards, which is good, but to me it feels as if they are a bit too taxing. I'll explain,

For starters, I am a very active player in both PVE and PVP. I spend most of the day playing this game (I have 3 chars on my first account who are 522 in pvp and 522+ in pve and 2 more chars being geared as we speak). Yet on this account I have only managed to collect some 2600+ achiev pts which means that I now need about 2400 more acheiv pts to get to the max point collection rank. So for me, all that I have done so far in the game only counts for half of what I need. There are a ton more players who are even more active but are still facing the same situation.

There are some reasons behind this that I can think off. First are the insta-lvl 90s we were gifted after the moltdown, which has left most of the questing achiev pts un-earned. Then is the fact that only unique achievements count towards the ranks, leaving most of the pve and pvp (and everything else) that you do with your alts completely useless towards your rank, which also means that we need to farm at least 5k achiev points on one char to get the 1.2 pts/day. And then there's the fact that most of the previous content from older expansions (and some even from the current expansion) is unavailable which leaves tons of achiev pts unobtainable.

In my thinking there might be a couple of solutions to this. First would be lowering the achiev pts required for the rank brackets. Second would be removing the unique achievements requirement from the ranks. I personally like the second solution the most since it makes since as well; If someone has completed raid achievs, daily quest achievs, profession achievs, pvp achievs on 2/3/4/5 different chars, shouldn't that be counted towards his "activity" and he/she get credit for it? Because it did take actual playtime and effort to get them. Keep in mind that I'm not talking about the account-wide achievs which would obviously make it too easy and so should only count once towards one's rank. You guys wanted to make the accounts themselves valuable in accordance with the effort put in them but this requirement for unique achievs on the other hand leaves an account with only 1 Char having completed TOT equal to an account which has 3 Chars having completed TOT.

I don't know how good are my suggestions, but I do know that a lot of insanely active players are facing this problem. The only solution left to them is to take their time away from actually pvping and/or pveing and start farming achiev pts, which apart from being pretty time consuming and not fun for a great many of us is also difficult due to the above stated reasons. Farming achiev pts for the sake of them has been a very niche player base activity, please don't force us to do it :(

ps: Sorry for quoting all 3 of you but this is a huge concern for many of us.

8. Spoiler: Show
    I have slight issues with the activity ranks. I believe the coupling of the ranking system with the achiev pts was made so as to make sure that only active players got the rewards, which is good, but to me it feels as if they are a bit too taxing. I'll explain,

For starters, I am a very active player in both PVE and PVP. I spend most of the day playing this game (I have 3 chars on my first account who are 522 in pvp and 522+ in pve and 2 more chars being geared as we speak). Yet on this account I have only managed to collect some 2600+ achiev pts which means that I now need about 2400 more acheiv pts to get to the max point collection rank. So for me, all that I have done so far in the game only counts for half of what I need. There are a ton more players who are even more active but are still facing the same situation.

There are some reasons behind this that I can think off. First are the insta-lvl 90s we were gifted after the moltdown, which has left most of the questing achiev pts un-earned. Then is the fact that only unique achievements count towards the ranks, leaving most of the pve and pvp (and everything else) that you do with your alts completely useless towards your rank, which also means that we need to farm at least 5k achiev points on one char to get the 1.2 pts/day. And then there's the fact that most of the previous content from older expansions (and some even from the current expansion) is unavailable which leaves tons of achiev pts unobtainable.

In my thinking there might be a couple of solutions to this. First would be lowering the achiev pts required for the rank brackets. Second would be removing the unique achievements requirement from the ranks. I personally like the second solution the most since it makes since as well; If someone has completed raid achievs, daily quest achievs, profession achievs, pvp achievs on 2/3/4/5 different chars, shouldn't that be counted towards his "activity" and he/she get credit for it? Because it did take actual playtime and effort to get them. Keep in mind that I'm not talking about the account-wide achievs which would obviously make it too easy and so should only count once towards one's rank. You guys wanted to make the accounts themselves valuable in accordance with the effort put in them but this requirement for unique achievs on the other hand leaves an account with only 1 Char having completed TOT equal to an account which has 3 Chars having completed TOT.

I don't know how good are my suggestions, but I do know that a lot of insanely active players are facing this problem. The only solution left to them is to take their time away from actually pvping and/or pveing and start farming achiev pts, which apart from being pretty time consuming and not fun for a great many of us is also difficult due to the above stated reasons. Farming achiev pts for the sake of them has been a very niche player base activity, please don't force us to do it :(

Finally a sane post that hits the issue I've been thinking about; the unique achiev points requirement. I've been giving this some thought and it does indeed feel like a player with more characters (that levels the primary and secondary professions, dailies and everything else you mentioned) is sort of screwed with this req. I do understand why warmane would set such a rule but maybe they should revise this decision. My idea was, if it would be possible to implement it, to count the double (non unique) achievs only by half of the achiev points. So for example, if you got 2 level 80 characters, first ones lvl 80 would count 10 points but second lvl 80 that you hit would count only 5. This way, people that make more alts wouldn't be totally cut off from getting a higher rank, while at the same time it would still reward players that stick to only one char and hunt for some harder to get achievs.

Imo, this would be a better solution though I'm afraid it would be hard to implement such a function.

9. You would be surprised there are guys with 6k, 7k and even saw one guy with 8k achievement points I myself had 6k achievement points on my blood elf rogue before moltdown. It depends on the person if they have the energy, will and energy to grind for achievement points.
    Yeah but as you say it depends on the person. Don't think many people go to a private server to collect those points. Maybe they get points by raiding and pvp. But i don't think that with casually raiding and pvping you can easily get like 3k Achievement points to get the 1 point per day. Most will be at 0.8 point per day and would get less points than before the squishing etc.

But still it's just my opinion don't know how many think like me about this.
    Just wanted to share this with the community =D

10. You people are flawed at the very concept of your complains. You're going from the assumption that getting the maximum reward is a "right" every player has and that we're "taking it away." These points are a free reward we are giving for people to get items for free. The base people are expected to get is the 0.5, not 1.2. If you want that 1.2 you are going to have to go play game content to get more achievements more than likely, and there's nothing wrong with that. Stop assuming 1.2 is what you "should get."

11. A lot of us understand that but if you'd take a look couple of posts up about what sethanew4 said and my reply / idea to his post, you'd see that he's actually on point about the unique achievs requirement. Some thought about it from the staff would be very much appreciated.

12. I have slight issues with the activity ranks. I believe the coupling of the ranking system with the achiev pts was made so as to make sure that only active players got the rewards, which is good, but to me it feels as if they are a bit too taxing. I'll explain,

Give this man a medal. You described the situation really well. This reward system is far from being perfect and even if it's free it should allow everyone to have a fair chance to collect their points and it isn't what is happening at all. I played so much here and just because i don't like pve or farm achievements I must not receive the max ammount of points unless i do something I hate? come on... They took so much time to release this system in order to listen to the community but looks like they didn't but I have hope that they will... someday

13. Finally a sane post that hits the issue I've been thinking about; the unique achiev points requirement. I've been giving this some thought and it does indeed feel like a player with more characters (that levels the primary and secondary professions, dailies and everything else you mentioned) is sort of screwed with this req. I do understand why warmane would set such a rule but maybe they should revise this decision. My idea was, if it would be possible to implement it, to count the double (non unique) achievs only by half of the achiev points. So for example, if you got 2 level 80 characters, first ones lvl 80 would count 10 points but second lvl 80 that you hit would count only 5. This way, people that make more alts wouldn't be totally cut off from getting a higher rank, while at the same time it would still reward players that stick to only one char and hunt for some harder to get achievs.

Imo, this would be a better solution though I'm afraid it would be hard to implement such a function.

But was not the point of earning ranks through achievements to reward more active players more? Instead of rewarding and promoting achievement farming? I mean there are players who put in quit a fare bit of effort and playtime leveling up multiple chars, then gearing them and then pveing or pvping with them. Why would my efforts towards leveling my first 2 professions count towards me being active while all the other professions that I level-up thereafter would count less or not at all?

Not to mention the fact that a lot of the achievements are bugged (I just tried doing the turkey killing achiev and it was bugged, the seasonal events haven't been working, older instances aren't available, other bgs and arenas aren't available).

Keep in mind that on my first account I've reached only 2500 achiev pts even after doing hardcore pvp and pve and then time consuming achievs such as the insane title, 150+ mounts, rep achievements, almost all the bg achievements of all the bgs available, etc, etc, as well. Will everyone need to do hardcore achievement grinding to get the 1.2 points/day? Players who are pvp or pve only are even worse off. All this would most notably result in players not being able to spend enough time on the things that they actually do want to do.

Also, I just realized another indirect result of all this. It was said that this new system was also trying to end account hoarding. Right now an account with 1000 achiev pts (very easy to get) and multiple alts (say 5) is earning 0.8 pts/day. This gives that account 0.16 pts (0.8/5) every day per char to spend. Now since having multiple alts on the same account doesn't do anything for your rank, would that player not be better off creating five different accounts for each alt and earning 1000 achiev pts (very easy) on each alt? This would result in him earning 0.8 pts/day (as compared to only 0.16 pts/day) for each of his alts? This would mean more items for all alts and faster gearing up.

14. Give this man a medal. You described the situation really well. This reward system is far from being perfect and even if it's free it should allow everyone to have a fair chance to collect their points and it isn't what is happening at all. I played so much here and just because i don't like pve or farm achievements I must not receive the max ammount of points unless i do something I hate? come on... They took so much time to release this system in order to listen to the community but looks like they didn't but I have hope that they will... someday
    What you said doesn't have almost anything to do with sethanew4's post and you missed the entire point of it. The fact that you don't want to PvE is your own problem but even as that, doing only PvP, you can get the minimum of 1k achiev points quite easily. If you don't want to do it then why would you be rewarded in any way?

What sethanew4 is talking about is something completely different and it concerns the multiple alts that someone spends time leveling and gearing and raising professions and whatnot, but not getting the achiev points count going up just cause they're double. Even though he's spending quite some time and effort to make their alts as complete as possible.

15. You guys need to stop crying about getting free stuff at a slower rate, be content they've implemented rs and icc gear, huge upgrade from the old toc/uld stuff we got for our alts which you ended up replacing after your 1st icc run anyway.
    It's not like voting is a slow and tedious thing to do anymore, it went from loading a number of websites and clicking around to a single click.

First ... 8910111220 ... Last