1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5dcmtY9f_8

Yeah so fun and hard to play i almost fall asleep.

And about Woltk balance :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWUkwISLPPI
    Edited: October 11, 2015

2. Bullcrap. Cata/MoP PvP is like Michael Bay movies. There are a lot of explosions and a lot of action but that doesn't necessarily mean they're better than other movies cause of that.

He's farming raiding bots there. In Cata/MoP PvP you would destroy PvE geared people even faster.
    Edited: October 11, 2015

3. ^ I've personally never felt that damage in pvp has ever been completely properly balanced. But that's just me.
    Cata before 4.3 pve items seemed great to me. 4.0.6. was greatly balanced I think.

4. Cata before 4.3 pve items seemed great to me. 4.0.6. was greatly balanced I think.
    Wasn't 4.0.6 Cata known for ******ed damage of fury warriors and/or frost mages?

5. Bullcrap. Cata/MoP PvP is like Michael Bay movies. There are a lot of explosions and a lot of action but that doesn't necessarily mean they're better than other movies cause of that.
    wotlk is like watching a john wayne movie....sympathetic and characteristic for a short while until the naivety and simplicity of the times long gone it was made in kicks in

6. well thats interesting since i played the end of mop on retail and not a single competitive, higher rated arena or rgb player had even 1 pve piece, just full pridefull....world pvp might be a different story but who cares...its an brainless unbalanced gankfest anyway
    Only because instanced pvp had an item level cap, after which point, items get scaled down. Pvp gear bypassing it. Last I checked, that feature wasn't working on these mop servers. Also, world pvp is part of pvp, whether you consider it to be or not.

7. Come say that again once you get decked out in 570+ pve gear when prideful pvp gear is available.
    If they fix downscaling like it was on retail then pvp gear is superior in every way except for world pvp and duels where no balance attempts were made.

Wotlk pvp is fun and all but there's no doubt the pve to win aspect about it is awful compared to MoP.

It's just 2 different games tbh, in wotlk your positioning is more likely to get brutally punished if you get caught in a stun behind a piĺlar for example cause there's far less cds to pop.

MoP is all about cooldowns, using them correctly while avoiding the opposing teams offensive cds leads to success.

Wotlk is all about getting Cc and blowing something up because dmg is always insane, with or without cds.

Overall wotlk is prob a more difficult playstyle, but to me it's gotten a bit old after playing the entire expansion on live, then playing AT realms in it's prime and then playing even more wotlk on moltens realms.

Excuse any typos or weird words, wrote this from my phone.

8. if i may add my thoughts,

mop pvp is pathetic. just go 2v2 arena make warrior+healer and go easily to 2500 rating. Me myself quitted it after reaching 2350 in arena 2v2 2 months ago (warr+resto drood) and honestly ever found a challenging match if not a mirror match.

The best pvp will always be, for me ofc, wotlk due to the fact u must know when and how to dispel, not all healers dispel magics and this give a different mindset in arena, and not all classes do the same thing or are huge epic imbalance. (ppl complain about mage rogue being faceroll setup but many retail players, like pukamon, for example, made 2400 rating using ele shammy+rogue vombat)

cata is no existent pvp for me. the worst expansion ever created by blizzard

9. If they fix downscaling like it was on retail then pvp gear is superior in every way except for world pvp and duels where no balance attempts were made.
    lolno
    There definitely were exceptions. You'll just have to learn the hard way, eh.
    MoP is all about cooldowns, using them correctly while avoiding the opposing teams offensive cds leads to success.

Wotlk is all about getting Cc and blowing something up because dmg is always insane, with or without cds.
    It's not hard at all to use defensives when your partner gets CC'ed and the enemy tries to burst you down. Do you have ANY idea how ABSURD CC is in MoP? Have you tried playing against a proper comp with ANY skill?
    I know you're all dat on WotLK, but it's like you're still a nublet on MoP.
    That's all it literally comes down to. You pray that your defensives allows you to live through the enemy team's burst. At which point, you pray again that you don't end up 2v1'ing or 3v2'ing because the enemy team actually knows how to CC.
    Overall wotlk is prob a more difficult playstyle, but to me it's gotten a bit old after playing the entire expansion on live, then playing AT realms in it's prime and then playing even more wotlk on moltens realms.
    Skill-wise, yes. Definitely. 110%. But you want to know what's really difficult and frustrating? Not punching your monitor so hard you put a hole in it because you get CC'ed for a full minute and a half while your enemies 2v1 your partner.

Before you try to argue that, even the Blizzard devs admitted that there was waaaaaaaaay too much ****ing CC in the game, and that led to a massive pruning of abilities with Warlords.

@Asherdoom, I agree with you 100%. You will never EVER see me PvP on MoP after living through that aids-infested HELL-HOLE on retail.

For those of you who play and enjoy MoP PvP, I congratulate you on your tenacity. Y'all must have nerves of ****ing steel to put up with that.
    Edited: October 12, 2015

10. lolno

It's not hard at all to use defensives when your partner gets CC'ed and the enemy tries to burst you down. Do you have ANY idea how ABSURD CC is in MoP? Have you tried playing against a proper comp with ANY skill?
    That's all it literally comes down to. You pray that your defensives allows you to live through the enemy team's burst. At which point, you pray again that you don't end up 2v1'ing or 3v2'ing because the enemy team actually knows how to CC.

Skill-wise, yes. Definitely. 110%. But you want to know what's really difficult and frustrating? Not punching your monitor so hard you put a hole in it because you get CC'ed for a full minute and a half while your enemies 2v1 your partner.

Before you try to argue that, even the Blizzard devs admitted that there was waaaaaaaaay too much ****ing CC in the game, and that led to a massive pruning of abilities with Warlords.

@Asherdoom, I agree with you 100%. You will never EVER see me PvP on MoP after living through that aids-infested HELL-HOLE on retail.

For those of you who play and enjoy MoP PvP, I congratulate you on your tenacity. Y'all must have nerves of ****ing steel to put up with that.
    Interesting how for you and others PvP revolves around 2s bracket :) .... Yeah,MoP cc is a bit too much, but for a whole minute - there's something wrong with you or your partner. Yet in WoTLk you can just burst down ppl with no cc whatsoever, pure dmg, just gear some pve up and choose a good class. Just to point out that my class needs nearly half the MoP keybinds for Wotlk. So yeah, 2 different kind of games, only a matter of liking.

11. lolno

I didn't mention CC in MoP cause it's as easy to get off as doing your damage rotation is in wotlk. If a team decides to throw all their CC on you you won't be controlling your character much (I especially like NS clone lasting 9 seconds on warmane huehue) I am aware. Also I got glad last season on MoP and was glad range on retail in MoP too, I don't only know how to play wotlk ;(

I do enjoy MoP, mostly because it introduced monks, and windwalker is my favorite spec of all time in this game. I'd prob enjoy it more if mages weren't broken throughout every patch of the expansion, but hey, waddaya gonna do. Regardless though, outside of sitting occasional CC chains that feel like they last a life time, it is quite enjoyable if you got bored of wotlk for a while.

I am curious what exceptions you mean in regards of pve gear btw, I am talking prideful season right now (the most balanced imo) and as far as I remember there wasn't a single pve item worth using for any class throughout that entire season. In grievous season, there was some ******ed agi trinkets yes, but as soon as they downscaled it + made the proc last twice as long for 50% effectiveness, nobody bothered using those anymore either since the 8.25% dmg reduction from resilience was much more valuable.

written on my phone so excuse poor sentences and formatting, hard to get an overview.

12. And it felt something like this:

Seriously...wotlk pvp seems so outdated and simple it aint even funny....why is it so popular?
    Yeah right especialy MOP pvp with 15 sec of CC, rogues killing you in one stun etc. Sry you should play wotlk first.

13. Yeah right especialy MOP pvp with 15 sec of CC, rogues killing you in one stun etc. Sry you should play wotlk first.
    i guess its just a matter of what you are used to.....if you listened to country your whole life and after 30 years someone played you techno you would probably think its a pile of ****....but still there's progress and improvements and not everyone can make the transition....i mean people still play/pay subscription for ultima online?! and they probably make even more reasonings why UO is better than new mmos...kinda like the wotlk vs mop debate...

14. Probably. I played mop at the beggining here. PVP is not bad just it lacks a complexity of woltk. Problem is not unbalance etc. but if you compare rogues in mop and wotlk, its a lot different. Also warriors and majority of the classes.

15. hp pool has nothing to do with outdated simple mechanics, repeating same 3 buttons in super simple rotations, inability to react to half of the situations and getting 2 shotted regulary what wotlk is about...but i guess people just like it...and i agree it is kinda fun...in a super mario arcade kind of way...
    the fact that bads couldnt get high arena rating on woltk is what makes it nice
    you only get 2 shotted regulary if ur bad and cannot prevent the outcome burst, if ur team is bad and cant peel you and if u cant predict any ****, simple true fact

Cata/mop made the game easier for those who were stuck at 1500 rating to reach 2.8k by simply playing the right classes

woltk was the last expasion where you could play proper pvp and the last one where it actualy required skill to get some proper rating at.

First 1234 ... Last