1. How do we join cool guilds like yours to run these raids if we cant get any gear to meet the ilvl requirements?
    There are guilds capable of clearing 10n/25n raids that don't really require much gear. It's really easy to get 5.5k GS in a few days with some gold and spending time on dungeons/pug raids as much as possible. With that gear you can get into a 25n farming guild, specially if you prove you're smart and knowledgeable about the game. Farming 25 normals can get you around 6k+ GS, then you apply for better guilds to farm Heroic content. That's how WoW has always been. Of course your way to gear up and farm Heroic content will be easier and faster if you have contacts and friends to carry or vouch for you in good guilds.

2. Just because content is being released progressively doesn't mean we're actually gonna play on older patches than 3.3.5a. In fact I believe that'd be impossible if you consider how the emulator works for different client versions.
    then if this is the case how then would it be a progressive server? talents changed a lot for all classes from 3.0 to 3.3.5 so its going to be 3.3.5 talents but just with gear that was only obtainable for certain times until more content is released? or will they keep certain talents out for certain patches and progressivly change them as the server progresses?

unless ive missed something here please correct me.

if what i said is true then LOL. srsly. there would be no way for anyone to hit any of the caps they need for certain spells until much much later in game. that would also distract using certain set bonuses from tier gear as well. again if im mistaken someone please correct me but from what i have read in this thread thats what you guys are saying that it will be at 3.3.5 for the entire expansion and progression.

3. Ikr.

It`s still the closest thing to 'progression' we`ll ever get. I mean, it`s technically possible to make a chameleon server that requires little if any work to switch between the different client patches, but I fear that`d require a new core, built from scratch. And that`d take an eternity.
    So having 335a progression`s the next best thing we`ll get. It`s not too bad, but unfortunately Ulduar will be rather skewed because the biggest change in WotLK happened at 3.2. 3.0 to 3.1.3 was mostly the same, and 3.2 to 3.3.5 was mostly the same, too. Only Death Knights got changed around every other patch because Blizzards were still trying to figure them out.

4. first off if thats the best they can do and there is no way to go back to 3.0,3.1,3.2 ect. i get it and thats fine but.....

dont call it blizzlike and dont call it progression.

im sorry but if you are telling me that you are raiding naxx/ulduar/toc with 3.3.5 talents then i dont see how that is progression at all. how would any druid hit haste cap for rejuv? the gear wouldent be there to support it until ToC. and even then the ToC gear is based upon crit for the rejuv 4 set bonus which would lessen your haste even further... Same with many if not all classes. im just blown away if thats true. Thats not a progressive server thats not even fun to me in the least bit. how is that retail like at all?

im sorry but im sitting here just stunned that no one else finds that appalling as i do. if you played retail during wrath you would understand what i am talking about.

the gear for each patch was built around the talents at the time. i mean a lot changed over the course of wotlk. spells, talents, costs of spells, that are going to adversely effect every player on lord who is progressing. so basically its all crazy BS until RS. because it wont be retail like in the least bit until the actual talents for the patch are caught up with the patch they were released at. #mindblown

5. Hm.
    I believe the only time they`ve really changed anything of significance (other than the 23452345345 DK changes every time) was 3.2?

6. gift of the earthmother got haste changes in 3.3 that made it much harder to hit the haste cap for GCD which effects most of the druids main heals, (lifebloom, rejuvenation, wild growth) its hard enough to get the haste cap in ICC gear (without the 3/3 in CF spec) it would be impossible to hit it until ToC unless they plan on having epic gems right off the bat too.

7. yea back in 3.2 it reduced the GCD by 20% then in 3.3 it was reduced to 10%

8. What I also do not understand is the fixation with DPS, when total damage done is much more important.

You can have 10k dps and have killed only 1 mob in the whole raid.

Bottomline is, to complete a dungeon or raid you need to kill X amounts of mobs/bosses, and to do that you need Y amount of total damage done from the group. I, for one, when tanking raids/dungeons, give much more credit to those top 5 most total damage done instead of the highest DPS. To be honest I don't even check the highest DPS recount tab. My DPS as a tank is always around 2.5k, which is considered very low, and yet 9 times out of 10 I'm on the top 3 on total damage output.

OT; yeah the GS requirement is ridiculous, but so is the mentality of this generation of gamers. I really miss the mentality of 10 years ago.

9. Bottomline is, to complete a dungeon or raid you need to kill X amounts of mobs/bosses, and to do that you need Y amount of total damage done from the group. I, for one, when tanking raids/dungeons, give much more credit to those top 5 most total damage done instead of the highest DPS. To be honest I don't even check the highest DPS recount tab. My DPS as a tank is always around 2.5k, which is considered very low, and yet 9 times out of 10 I'm on the top 3 on total damage output.
    You're saying that I should aoe everything to keep the loot away from people who need it more?
    Obviously that system wasn't implemented for a reason. Quality control is on the raid leader's job description.

10. My DPS as a tank is always around 2.5k, which is considered very low, and yet 9 times out of 10 I'm on the top 3 on total damage output.
    I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news here but if you do a consistent 2.5k dps with a tank and you are always in top 3 damage done in raids you should probably be looking for different groups to run with.

11. Hm.
    I believe the only time they`ve really changed anything of significance (other than the 23452345345 DK changes every time) was 3.2?
    check this out. http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Patches/3.x

then check out patch 3.1 (ulduar) http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Patch_3.1.0

look at the literally hundreds of class changes. Thats what im getting at.

12. first off if thats the best they can do and there is no way to go back to 3.0,3.1,3.2 ect. i get it and thats fine but.....

dont call it blizzlike and dont call it progression.

im sorry but if you are telling me that you are raiding naxx/ulduar/toc with 3.3.5 talents then i dont see how that is progression at all. how would any druid hit haste cap for rejuv? the gear wouldent be there to support it until ToC. and even then the ToC gear is based upon crit for the rejuv 4 set bonus which would lessen your haste even further... Same with many if not all classes. im just blown away if thats true. Thats not a progressive server thats not even fun to me in the least bit. how is that retail like at all?

im sorry but im sitting here just stunned that no one else finds that appalling as i do. if you played retail during wrath you would understand what i am talking about.

the gear for each patch was built around the talents at the time. i mean a lot changed over the course of wotlk. spells, talents, costs of spells, that are going to adversely effect every player on lord who is progressing. so basically its all crazy BS until RS. because it wont be retail like in the least bit until the actual talents for the patch are caught up with the patch they were released at. #mindblown
    I'd say that you're being overly sensitive to go and complain to that extent about it.

Anyway, the goal here is to release content gradually (and allow people to enjoy it as "current" content however they like, if at all, or whatever) while the next bit of content is being scripted and coded. Essentially, it's a scripting of the content from the ground up, and I understand the view-point of it being a "progressive" server. That's all good and fine if people want to call it that. We understand that there will be problems along the way, just like there are now with a level 60 cap and WotLK talents & abilities (balance is absurd at the moment). But that's a sacrifice we're willing to make to ensure the completion of the realm at the best possible quality when the end goal is reached (fully scripted and released content up to ICC and RS).

13. I've seen someone asking for "full BIS only" players to join their ICC 10n pug, "because its LK run!" a few days ago. I'm not kidding you, it happened on Deathwing/Horde. I should have made a screenshot.

I've found out that the ability to communicate in English is a good way to gauge a raidleader's ability to lead the pug and it usually works on players, too. A person who cannot communicate in English on an international server is likely an ***** or an ignorant kid.

If you whisper "5k resto druid" to a pug raidleader and he answers with "HEALER?!" (even better, "HELER?!?!" or "HILER?!?!?"), that's a big NOPE. Same for leaders who, once the raid is full, start with "tank 123 hiller 456" aka "I have no idea what I'm doing, let's hope I've invited some tanks and healers".

You can't blame them for having overblown GS requirements. They really have no idea what they're doing.
    Edited: October 9, 2015

14. I'd say that you're being overly sensitive to go and complain to that extent about it.
    if anything thats a huge understatement. I know ill be accused of being a dick and all but this is just my opinion. i know not everyone see's things my way. The title on the homepage says "Worlds most complete and hardcore wrath of the lich king realm" How can that be when its not going to be truly complete until RS is launched? Thats fine if you are willing to sacrifice things to make the realm work at the patch it was meant for. i get that and understand it. but why go around saying things like most complete and its blizzlike when its not even close to that until the very end? if anything its more custom content than blizzlike. honestly that is going to make everything totally non retail like (until RS) tons of changes as you and i and any retail player knows, where made to wrath realms over the course of the expansion that in turn will now either negatively impact classes or make some super OP (in comparison to what they did in retail at that particular patch) since they are stuck at 3.3.5 that is not anywhere close to retail like. Like i mentioned before some classes wont be able to hit caps until later gear is released making them gimped for over half of the expansion.

i thought it was going to be like true true progression. if there is no way to go back to each patch and implement things that's fine. but why then all the hype about it being blizzlike?

First 1234 Last