1. Raid requirements..are you serious ?

Hi there,

I was used to play molten before what happened and I've recently decided to play again on this server.
    Anyway there is something that is quite..maybe "strange" I don't even know how to call it..regarding raids, especially pugs, that is requirements.

I played retail as well, but even on molten there wasn't a similar situation.
    5.7-5.8k gs for toc hc. Almost 6k for icc N..seriously ? Same dungeons hc where 5k is not enough !
    I know gearscore matters sometimes (NOT always) and ofc I do g-runs, but this attutide is totally killing pugs. And most of all they've always reserved items (primo, boes, tokens). Or on the other hand pugs without reserved at the beginning, but then turns to ninja-loot if something interesting drops.

So I should have almost 6k gs to join these pugs, with everything reserved, and probably getting saved after few bosses.
    Is the community rotten or what ? The global chat is FULL of those pugs, so who's without a guild is totally out.
    Yes, you can just ignore them and wait for another raid in global, but if 99 % of pugs follow that way what remains ?
    I don't get it. Maybe only alliance is like that? Otherwise I'm going to switch back to horde side.
    Edited: October 7, 2015

2. I have played since 2010 and it has always been like that, if you don't have a high gs or a great guild you do not have many options. I switched to Cata after the moltdown and it is the same there only with Cata its your gear level number, and with the RDF not working in Cata its hard to find even HC dungeons without someone in global asking for a certain item level. And if you don't do FL runs with your guild you also have no options because without a high level and ability to link achieve you are not getting into any FL raids. My question with this stupidity has always been how do you get the achievement to link if you cannot find a group to let you join in the first place..... I do not know if horde is the same but i am guessing it is.

3. Yep, seen it on here for years and it's the same way, to some extent, on retail. The only way you'll get around those people are making your own groups, joining a guild, or finding people who share the same view.

4. I have played since 2010 and it has always been like that, if you don't have a high gs or a great guild you do not have many options. I switched to Cata after the moltdown and it is the same there only with Cata its your gear level number, and with the RDF not working in Cata its hard to find even HC dungeons without someone in global asking for a certain item level. And if you don't do FL runs with your guild you also have no options because without a high level and ability to link achieve you are not getting into any FL raids. My question with this stupidity has always been how do you get the achievement to link if you cannot find a group to let you join in the first place..... I do not know if horde is the same but i am guessing it is.
    I played cata too on another server and being in a guild ofc matters more than wotlk (ranks, mass resurrection, etc.. for instance).
    And the funniest thing is that they usually link achievements of other players, maybe of their guilds idk, asking you requirements that they DON'T have.
    I bet they don't even know the achievement of Ulduar "Herald of Titans" where was all about brain and strategy not gs.
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Herald_of_the_Titans
    But as Algalon is not scripted on this server they won't know for sure.

My boomy alt has a pretty good gear (above 5k), always top3 dps in gruns or raids and still seems impossible to join a pug for icc25 when I don't have possibilities to join a grun for it (different time zones).

I guess that too and I think that with vote points and new 264 (wotlk) they'll increase gs for sure. Maybe next time 6.5 for ruby sanctum normal.

5. Yes they will just increase it, and whats so very funny about all of it is you can have a gs over 6k and still not know how to play. I have seen people run ICC in blue gear and do better than players with 6k gs. You can at any point buy over 6k worth of gear in the coin shop but it will not teach you how to play.
    Instead of them asking for gs, item lvl or even achieves why not see what kind of dps they do on a dummy and do it that way and maybe some people who are left out will get a chance to play.
    But things never seem to change because even as i was writing this i saw in global someone asking for a high item lvl for a normal dungeon so it could be a quick run. I really wish they would fix RDF in Cata.

6. Unfortunately achievements are easy to obtain as well. For example, I bought the titles on my priest.

7. So to me gs and titles mean nothing if you can just buy them, but i guess to the community as a whole its all that matters as long as you have one or the other.
    Nevermind if you know or not how to actually play......

8. Unfortunately achievements are easy to obtain as well. For example, I bought the titles on my priest.
    Strange didn't notice it. I'm playing on Deathwing and never seen players with that.
    When did you buy them ?

Full professions with coins suck a lot, but titles..would totally kill my willing to play.

9. Yes they will just increase it, and whats so very funny about all of it is you can have a gs over 6k and still not know how to play. I have seen people run ICC in blue gear and do better than players with 6k gs. You can at any point buy over 6k worth of gear in the coin shop but it will not teach you how to play.
    Instead of them asking for gs, item lvl or even achieves why not see what kind of dps they do on a dummy and do it that way and maybe some people who are left out will get a chance to play.
    But things never seem to change because even as i was writing this i saw in global someone asking for a high item lvl for a normal dungeon so it could be a quick run. I really wish they would fix RDF in Cata.
    True and even in dungeon you can find bis players rolling need on items because they need it (?). Why ? Because that's rdf so for them everyone can roll need, no matter what if others need a certain item or not.
    Same similar requests in global asking 5.5 for rdf hc. I'm speechless.

10. Its hard to blame them though, the average player on a private server is really really bad. I was in a group with a perfectly BIS fury warrior who was pulling 5k dps. I don't even know how you can pull 5k dps with bis gear. You could auto attack and pull more dps than that as a bis war

I agree completely, dps on dummies should be a requirement. The only issue is that in wrath a lot of character's dps is completely dependent on the buffs they get from others. Still they should not judge people solely for gear requirements.

Your best bet these days is to host your own raid, suffer through a pug, run a guild raid, or lie about your gear score

11. Unfortunately achievements are easy to obtain as well. For example, I bought the titles on my priest.
    *snip*
    The photoshop is strong with this one.

As already stated, the best (and only) way to avoid all this bull**** is to join or make your own pve guild.

12. Horde is almost the same. of course so far only few ask for marks reserved for icc 25 but then they are vanish for some time though primo and boe are still reserved. For rdf hc, they still ask for 5k and some guys ask for 5.5+ but i never bother with it and simply queue rdf hc. Even with random queue, you can find a lot of really good gs guys and we wipe the entire instance with little to no effort. regarding the need on rdf hc, some guys just have no idea and simply roll need while other roll it for disenchant.

13. the main reason why I can't be bothered with wotlk warmane realms anymore..

the main reason why I will never play anymore wotlk warmane realms..

Get into a guild like they say and if you can't because they are too etilist.. well you're on a serious crusade keep looking for one..

14. The photoshop is strong with this one.
    Or just use the developer console?

Spoiler: Show

Yep, seen it on here for years and it's the same way, to some extent, on retail. The only way you'll get around those people are making your own groups, joining a guild, or finding people who share the same view.

15. Its hard to blame them though, the average player on a private server is really really bad. I was in a group with a perfectly BIS fury warrior who was pulling 5k dps. I don't even know how you can pull 5k dps with bis gear. You could auto attack and pull more dps than that as a bis war

I agree completely, dps on dummies should be a requirement. The only issue is that in wrath a lot of character's dps is completely dependent on the buffs they get from others. Still they should not judge people solely for gear requirements.

Your best bet these days is to host your own raid, suffer through a pug, run a guild raid, or lie about your gear score
    Lol 5k dps is ridiculous for a bis fury war.
    Anyway I was in a pos hc party with 2 other bis retri paladins(6.7 and 6.8) and with my r-pala alt (around 5k). After the last boss I checked the recount and our damage was the same.
    Dummies could be a great idea instead of VH inspect just to check gs, but I doubt a lot of people could be into using that system.

the main reason why I can't be bothered with wotlk warmane realms anymore..

the main reason why I will never play anymore wotlk warmane realms..

Get into a guild like they say and if you can't because they are too etilist.. well you're on a serious crusade keep looking for one..
    I'm in a guild (as officer), so I don't have problems with gruns, even if sometimes I'm unable to join due to different time zones. It's a US guild, while I'm European, so it's kind of difficult to match timetables.
    True that some guilds ask insane requirements (some 6.2k+ gs), but tbh I don't care about guilds requirements because they can do whatever they want and accept whoever they prefer. Pugs instead should give others possilities to run together spending some hours maybe having fun, or obtaining upgrades with fair rolls and not ninja-loot or everything reserved. Only gruns should have reserved items.

Or just use the developer console?

Spoiler: Show

Lol nice one. Anyway with or without dev console not long time ago they were asking for titles, so who knows ? Maybe they'll seriously sell those in the future if they don't want to fix all raids (malygos, ulduar) or the legendary weapon chain (lolmourne). Same recipes sold with coins (full profession) because impossible to obtain in-game.

123 ... Last