1. You can't blame them for having overblown GS requirements. They really have no idea what they're doing.
    Had this conversation for icc 25 normal pug while reading your reply:
    - hi I'm 5.5 boomy
    - you hiler ?
    - no dude, balance so dps
    - no hiler ?
    - no
    - too low

xD

2. I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news here but if you do a consistent 2.5k dps with a tank and you are always in top 3 damage done in raids you should probably be looking for different groups to run with.
    If we only raid with the best, what happens to the low geared players/new 80s players?

I'll tank for rich or poor, for elite or noob, any day, any time. It's a game, it's supposed to be fun. Fun for everyone.

I don't lose my sleep if we wipe. Tomorrow we can try again.

3. I used to just lie and say that I was 5.3k gs. They usually didn't noticed until way later into the raid. Just don't act suspicious lol.

By the way, things aren't that much different in retail, at least not today.
    Edited: October 9, 2015

4. I used to just lie and say that I was 5.3k gs. They usually didn't noticed until way later into the raid. Just don't act suspicious lol.

By the way, things aren't that much different in retail, at least not today.
    lol same here back n the day, no one notices :D

5. If we only raid with the best, what happens to the low geared players/new 80s players?

I'll tank for rich or poor, for elite or noob, any day, any time. It's a game, it's supposed to be fun. Fun for everyone.

Anyone can be geared and suck at the game, just like anyone can be undergeared and maximize their potential. But only a good player will ask questions be willing to learn regardless of their skill level. Anyone who is willing to learn and make the effort to better themselves can be a good player, whether or not they become an elitist is based on their personality.

PS: Newb and noob are not synonymous. Newbs are new to the game, noobs just suck.
    Edited: October 10, 2015

6. If we only raid with the best, what happens to the low geared players/new 80s players?

There is a very distinct difference between an "elite" good player and an elitist. Don't confuse them.

PS. It is a proven fact that ICC can be cleared through most bosses with a raid that is completely geared out of 200 ilvl blue items.

7. If we only raid with the best, what happens to the low geared players/new 80s players?

My post wasn't about convincing you to raid with better people or about leaving people behind or ignoring them because their gear is bad. You were paraphrasing. I was merely stating an observation based on the information you gave me. Don't get me wrong. I love progression with new people and pushing things with below average gear or with fewer people than a raid/dungeon "needs". But... I don't necessarily like to shoot myself in the foot either.

Anyways..

You say dps holds no real value, that damage done is where it counts. If you're only looking for statistics at the end of the fight, this is true. The problem is some classes are better for burst dps than others when you need to phase something faster regardless if they do lower total damage when the fight is over. This is where the dps part of the meter comes into play. You can watch specific people on a real-time analysis to see where they perform best in a fight. Yeah people do believe dps is all that matters but if someone stays on top of the dps chart for the entirety of a fight, chances are they are within the top few on the total damage meter.

As of the "mentality" of today's gamers, I agree. The majority of people play every game like they are MLG Pro gamers and like to flash high stats/numbers.

8. You say dps holds no real value, that damage done is where it counts. If you're only looking for statistics at the end of the fight, this is true. The problem is some classes are better for burst dps than others when you need to phase something faster regardless if they do lower total damage when the fight is over. This is where the dps part of the meter comes into play. You can watch specific people on a real-time analysis to see where they perform best in a fight. Yeah people do believe dps is all that matters but if someone stays on top of the dps chart for the entirety of a fight, chances are they are within the top few on the total damage meter.
    My guild on retail has a new hunter in our raid group. He was linking his DPS in raid chat, which we NEVER do, because it adds competitiveness between the DPS players when it isn't wanted. You see, we're doing progression on Archimonde, and we need people to do mechanics. We don't over-gear the content enough to where we can ignore mechanics. Linking these meters encourages DPS-whoring, which is what that Hunter was doing. He linked that he was top DPS on an attempt on Tyrant Velhari. He linked it after we wiped, of course. I went on to tell him that DPS means nothing if the boss doesn't die. His response was that he's a bigger asset to the raid because he has higher DPS than everyone else.

On the next attempt, we killed the boss. I 100%'ed every single mechanic, had the least damage taken, coordinated the use of the legendary ring, and helped keep the tanks alive. We barely killed it, and we only killed it instead of wiping again (because one of our tanks was down and our 2nd tank was almost dead with 3 stacks of the healing reduction debuff), because I bubble-taunted the boss long enough for our surviving tank to drop his stacks. I died in the process, but the boss died. And that's when I noticed the -damage done- meter. I was top, #1, and the DPS-whoring hunter was #13 on the meter.

Basically, I turned out to be the mvp. I linked the meter. He shut up REAL quick.

I ****ing hate people like that. STFU and kill the boss, goddamnit. Nobody cares about the size of your dick.

(^ Not directed at you, John, of course. It was aimed at the people this discussion is aimed at atm.)

Moral of the story
    There's a reason when I log onto Ragnaros, I immediately have people begging me to come raid with them. I love helping people, and they know that I am a guaranteed good slot in the raid and am fully capable of carrying on every character I play. And I don't brag about it. I'd rather congratulate people on getting their new shiny Kingslayer title than to carry on about how amazing I am and how much I carried the noobs through a boss they've never killed before.
    I consider myself an example, I want to set a good example, and I want people to follow it. Do your best, aspire to achieve greatness, never give up on improving upon yourself. Your gear is only a part of this, not all of it. And don't be a dick about it when you do start to achieve greatness. Ultimately, it will only make people not want to raid with you, no matter how good you are.
    "Elitists"

9. This thread is full of good guys.
    We should start a guild XD

10. (^ Not directed at you, John, of course. It was aimed at the people this discussion is aimed at atm.)
    What I was saying earlier was purely about damage output and nothing else (just in case people were thinking I was defending dps whores).

I completely agree with everything you are saying about people needing to use more utility. Most players completely disregard that part of their class, especially dps (mainly pointing my finger at paladins here).

Off-topic: I'll be logging daily until I get enough points to transfer my warlock over to horde so I can bug you and 69 from time to time. Logging on alliance side just gives me cancer nowdays.

11. This thread is full of good guys.
    We should start a guild XD
    Guild "Friendship is magic" xD
    http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...er-feel-it.gif

By the way it's very nice to read all these replies, like Lynea's one.
    Similar thing happened to me back in past on molten with an op blood dk. Wipe 1st time and pointed his finger towards us calling everyone "noob", that he was the best dps, that he should have been paid for staying in the raid. 2nd attempt and boss down and he was 7-8th in dps list. Even in that case he shut up and later left the raid without saying a word.

Anyway dps matters very much in specific circumstances, for instance a boss with berserk cd. For the rest just play and enjoy the game.

I consider myself an example, I want to set a good example, and I want people to follow it. Do your best, aspire to achieve greatness, never give up on improving upon yourself. Your gear is only a part of this, not all of it. And don't be a dick about it when you do start to achieve greatness. Ultimately, it will only make people not want to raid with you, no matter how good you are.
    "Elitists"
    100 % agree

12. And yesterday kicked from a fresh pug for icc 25 N because 5.5 wasn't enough.
    5.5 not enough for a pug and wasn't lk/bane/potato-run.

http://img.pandawhale.com/81968-Lie-...cry-a-4qKE.png

/farewell pugs

lol

Deathwing has really turned into a trash bin.

First ... 234