1. Okay I have no idea how retail work as I never got the chance to play cataclysm but here's currently how the ignite stack on warmane based on my testing.

I will explain it in this way. Assume u got 35% mastery and fireball cast time is less than and close to 2s.
    Timestamp(sec)______Skill________Dmg__________Igni te
    00s______________Fireball_______40k__________0
    02s______________Fireball_______40k__________10.8k
    _______________+Pyroblast!______50k
    04s______________Fireball_______40k__________29.7k
    06s______________Fireball_______40k__________25.65 k
    _______________+Pyroblast!______50k__________37.12 5k
    08s________________________________________37.125k

The formula for current ignite is
    Dmg done x 0.4 x 1.35(Mastery) x 0.5(2 ticks) = ignite dmg.

The stacking formula is
    [Leftover dmg + new Dmg] x 0.4 x 1.35(Mastery) x 0.5(2 ticks) = stacked ignite dmg.

Leftover dmg diminish quarterly. If your new dmg was done on 3rd sec timestamp (ignite was 4sec), then your leftover dmg will only have a quarter left. If you done it on first sec which can be achieve thru 1sec scorch or fireblast, then you will have 3 quarter of leftover dmg.

If you can manage to understand what I am trying to show. Then you can form 3-5 spell rotation that can easily give you 50k ignite and above.
    Edited: December 3, 2015

2. 3 crit in a row combustion helper / skada show 38.8k ignite , but the combustion do only 181436 dmg - 12 ticks dmg: 8972

3. May 6, 2016  
    Ignite does not work as it should and it was made on purpouse. Absolutley no point in being fire mage on warmane cata. You can't stack ignite so combustion helper addon is crap and you can't know what is the ACTUAL number of ignite you have atm. no point of using combustion, at all. All bug reports are being deleted.
    Why? Because it was possible to solo alysrazor and stack as much combustion as you want and solo kill alysrazor boss on hc10/25. So ignite does not stack anymore. and fire mage is the weakest class to exist on cata, weaker than a blood DK tank dps.
    Why warmane does not want to make ignite stacking, but limited, letts say 100k (actualy 100k is almost perfect)? noone knows. Also RIP fire pvp.

So if you came here to kickass and chew bubble gum while being a fire mage. go play fire mage some place else.

4. May 6, 2016  
    2 button spec? arcane is quite hard in end game raiding cuz u must manage your mana to do maximum dmg whole fight+using your shields to get highest SP bonus from your talent and many more things, its not some ******ed button smashing like it used to be in wotlk
    So... it's Arcane Blast + Arcane Missiles and, uhm, situational shields? Okay, 3 buttons, bro...

Arcane is the simplest PvE spec in the game, how can you even argue about that? The only simpler spec that ever existed in this game was TBC Warlock Demonic Sacrifice, which did only one thing - Shadowbolt.

5. May 8, 2016  
    Ignite does not work as it should and it was made on purpouse. Absolutley no point in being fire mage on warmane cata. You can't stack ignite so combustion helper addon is crap and you can't know what is the ACTUAL number of ignite you have atm. no point of using combustion, at all. All bug reports are being deleted.
    Why? Because it was possible to solo alysrazor and stack as much combustion as you want and solo kill alysrazor boss on hc10/25. So ignite does not stack anymore. and fire mage is the weakest class to exist on cata, weaker than a blood DK tank dps.
    Why warmane does not want to make ignite stacking, but limited, letts say 100k (actualy 100k is almost perfect)? noone knows. Also RIP fire pvp.

So if you came here to kickass and chew bubble gum while being a fire mage. go play fire mage some place else.
    I have to agree with you. The reports get dismissed all the time. I can't even upvote anymore on anything lol.

First 12