1. @Obnoxious Hopefully that won't happen. Lordaeron is quite unique, bcs only the biggest gaming companies are successful at keeping a large population without p2w. It's the primary reason i play it. DW and Ragna are kinda slowing down, though not that much in number of players, but rather in gameplay becoming routine, repeating every raid time after time gets a bit boring.

2. @Obnoxious Hopefully that won't happen. Lordaeron is quite unique, bcs only the biggest gaming companies are successful at keeping a large population without p2w. It's the primary reason i play it. DW and Ragna are kinda slowing down, though not that much in number of players, but rather in gameplay becoming routine, repeating every raid time after time gets a bit boring.
    Plus, casting doubt upon the future of a server is a great way to discourage, not encourage, donations. I'm a donator myself, and reading about having to wait in queue a long time or the server even going away completely makes me think the smart move is to hold off on buying bags, mounts, etc until I see where this server is headed.

3. Plus, casting doubt upon the future of a server is a great way to discourage, not encourage, donations. I'm a donator myself, and reading about having to wait in queue a long time or the server even going away completely makes me think the smart move is to hold off on buying bags, mounts, etc until I see where this server is headed.
    I don't think it would get shut down (despite what anyone says), but rather become more pay-to-win.

4. I don't think it would get shut down (despite what anyone says), but rather become more pay-to-win.
    Probably, but if they implement the smaller cap and long queues result then that will make people not want to donate. There are pay-to-win servers on Warmane that don't have a queue for donators, and they will be getting the Lordaeron fixes in 2016.

So why would someone want to buy more expensive gear on Lordaeron when they have to wait in queue to use it, when they can just log on and play whenever they want on Deathwing?

I know non-donators get angry when the queue issue is brought up, but removing that perk is a big, big disincentive to donate on Lordaeron compared to some other server on Warmane.

5. Probably, but if they implement the smaller cap and long queues result then that will make people not want to donate. There are pay-to-win servers on Warmane that don't have a queue for donators, and they will be getting the Lordaeron fixes in 2016.

So why would someone want to buy more expensive gear on Lordaeron when they have to wait in queue to use it, when they can just log on and play whenever they want on Deathwing?

I know non-donators get angry when the queue issue is brought up, but removing that perk is a big, big disincentive to donate on Lordaeron compared to some other server on Warmane.
    Your arguments are totally right; my hope is that people wouldn't want to abandon the characters they worked so long on Lord and starting new ones on DW or Ragna. Everyone hates to see their project fail, Warmane with Lordaeron project is not an exception and neither are players with their charcters.

6. @Obnoxious Hopefully that won't happen. Lordaeron is quite unique, bcs only the biggest gaming companies are successful at keeping a large population without p2w.
    They also have monthly subscriptions OR other products that give profit, so they can justify keeping one that "breaks even" for the sake of players.

Plus, casting doubt upon the future of a server is a great way to discourage, not encourage, donations. I'm a donator myself, and reading about having to wait in queue a long time or the server even going away completely makes me think the smart move is to hold off on buying bags, mounts, etc until I see where this server is headed.
    That makes no sense. It's like claiming that you'd only buy a car if no one ever told you that it will eventually break down and need repairs; that eventually it will be beyond repair and you'll need a new one; that it will take more money because it needs gas; that it will still get stuck in traffic jams. Maybe that's true for you, but not for people in general. After all, going by your logic, why would you buy a game if you know the content will have an ending point? And those aren't even "cast doubts," they are hard facts.

In general, people are more prone to make a donation with the true facts, when they like something and want to keep it going, than if they think "it's gonna be alright, someone else will donate and keep the server running."

7. That makes no sense. It's like claiming that you'd only buy a car if no one ever told you that it will eventually break down and need repairs; that eventually it will be beyond repair and you'll need a new one; that it will take more money because it needs gas; that it will still get stuck in traffic jams. Maybe that's true for you, but not for people in general. After all, going by your logic, why would you buy a game if you know the content will have an ending point? And those aren't even "cast doubts," they are hard facts.
    I think he was talking about server shutting down in near future. We all know nothing lasts forever, but no one is gonna spend money on a server that's gonna shut down in a year or so. The way you said it in your previous post it seemed to me (and probably a lot more other people) very pessimistic about the future of Lordaeron.

8. I think he was talking about server shutting down in near future. We all know nothing lasts forever, but no one is gonna spend money on a server that's gonna shut down in a year or so. The way you said it in your previous post it seemed to me (and probably a lot more other people) very pessimistic about the future of Lordaeron.
    If the fact I put down your "suggestion," that involved shutting down another server, merging the players into yet another one, and sucking what that merged server generates from donation out to fund Lordaeron, by exposing a more likely scenario if things got that far, makes you feel pessimistic, I don't think the problem is on my end. The ones "casting doubt" are you, reading things I never said.

9. If the fact I put down your "suggestion," that involved shutting down another server, merging the players into yet another one, and sucking what that merged server generates from donation out to fund Lordaeron, by exposing a more likely scenario if things got that far, makes you feel pessimistic, I don't think the problem is on my end. The ones "casting doubt" are you, reading things I never said.
    I remember several staff members mentioning the merging and redirecting funds, so don't make it sound like i'm the one mentioning it first. And if Kaer himself comes to the forum mentioning big problems on finances, i don't think the possibility of running out of money on Lordaeron is that impossible and that your view (as a staff member) of results that would come of it, is an unpredictable future for Lord and possible shutdown, makes a pretty big concern for every player, be he donor or not.

10. Coin costs are WAY too high. Keep in mind, this gear available for purchase isn't close to top end so the coin costs should not be that high.

Please make the coin costs more reasonable, not worth donating as these prices stand.

11. I remember several staff members mentioning the merging and redirecting funds, so don't make it sound like i'm the one mentioning it first. And if Kaer himself comes to the forum mentioning big problems on finances, i don't think the possibility of running out of money on Lordaeron is that impossible and that your view (as a staff member) of results that would come of it, is an unpredictable future for Lord and possible shutdown, makes a pretty big concern for every player, be he donor or not.
    Firstly, just because Lordaeron has significantly low funding compared to other realms and its population does not mean that it will have big financial problems - it is premature to assume that. Secondly, and more importantly, Lordaeron is NOT and will NOT be in a possibility of being shut down. Shutting down a realm is like throwing your child into the street just because he doesn't get a job when he becomes an adult, irrespective whether he is unable or just lazy. The latter being possible to remedy.

Warsong is an example of a realm that doesn't pay for itself, and from the analogy above we can put it into the 'unable' category due to its low population. As we clearly see we have not and do not intend on shutting it down, neither are we able to merge it with another due to the nature of a PvP-only realm.

12. Why do people still feel the need to argue over this matter? None of us really knows how much money does Lordaeron need in order to sustain itself, only the staff knows this. It is also premature to decide if the donations are sufficient or not, the server is fresh still. I'm sure the management will take the proper measures in order to keep Lordaeron at it's best.

13. Firstly, just because Lordaeron has significantly low funding compared to other realms and its population does not mean that it will have big financial problems - it is premature to assume that. Secondly, and more importantly, Lordaeron is NOT and will NOT be in a possibility of being shut down. Shutting down a realm is like throwing your child into the street just because he doesn't get a job when he becomes an adult, irrespective whether he is unable or just lazy. The latter being possible to remedy.
    Very glad to hear it.

And I have to say- the hard part is already largely done and in the process of being completed: making the best private WoW server to date, anywhere.

It's just a matter of finding the sweet spot with donations. But that's not THAT hard a problem- answers to that question can be found a lot more easily than scripting a WoW expansion.

I would also add that a lot of Lordaeron's value to Warmane is intangible and doesn't show up on an accountant's balance sheet. Namely, the huge boost in reputation the server has gotten among the private server community as a result of Lordaeron's undeniable quality. Now when people ask on Reddit what server they should play on, you don't get shouted down when you suggest Warmane. That will mean a lot of new business over the years.
    Edited: October 14, 2015

14. Please don't make the prices so high that no-one is willing to donate and Lordaeron starts surviving off donation money from players on other realms. We get that this is the staff's pet project, but if the staff is confident that a large amount of players want to play on such a realm, it should be able to fund itself. If it cannot do so, then I think it is very telling of what the larger community wants...

15. I strongly agree with the prices of items being costly mainly because its a hardcore server. People such as me and probably many others would want a more pure experience..once everyone donates it will be just like the others. It might need a bit of tweaking, but the donation gear IMO should be costly and also not best in slot for the current dungeon ilevel.

Suggestion: Add a price decay over time this would allow most people to hold off on buying many items then as the item becomes less relevant during progression it starts to lower gradually.

I also think you should add more options that are harmless for gameplay such as Race/Faction changes, more mount and cosmetic features and maybe even a donation Transmog system.
    Edited: October 14, 2015

First ... 8910111220 ... Last