1. No. Just no.

Prices seem a bit high, wotlk epics should be 80ish coins not 130. The experience bonus suggestion is one of the lamest things i've heard yet. It actually ruins raiding because everyone has 10 alts and they suck on all of them.
    The conjecture you drew there is based on literally nothing substantial. Ragnaros and Deathwing are realms where the rate is set to 700%, and the problem of "everyone has 10 alts and they suck on all of them" and "ruined raiding" aren't exactly rampant. You'd know that if you actually played those realms. Bad players remain bad regardless of how many toons they have, and good players only improve from having more. WotLK classes aren't particularly hard, and in my experience, leveling rate increases ultimately serve to increase the amount of alt activity that happens at end-game, in terms of both guild runs and pugging.
    Edited: October 12, 2015

2. The conjecture you drew there is based on literally nothing substantial. Ragnaros and Deathwing are realms where the rate is set to 700%, and the problem of "everyone has 10 alts and they suck on all of them" and "ruined raiding" aren't exactly rampant. You'd know that if you actually played those realms. Bad players remain bad regardless of how many toons they have, and good players only improve from having more. WotLK classes aren't particularly hard, and in my experience, leveling rate increases ultimately serve to increase the amount of alt activity that happens at end-game, in terms of both guild runs and pugging.
    actually no. 90% of the population can't be as good on their alts as they are on their main. and only having 8 more alts lowers the their success chance. Plus it isn't blizzlike. It's goofy and stupid.

3. actually no. 90% of the population can't be as good on their alts as they are on their main. and only having 8 more alts lowers the their success chance.
    You're picturing the worst possible dystopian scenario (while seeing none of the merits) where every awful player and his dog suddenly makes 10 terrible toons with which to make your life harder. The experience on Ragnaros and Deathwing suggest this doesn't happen to any significant degree as an outcome of faster leveling. So you have nothing backing your assumptions up.

Plus it isn't blizzlike. It's goofy and stupid.
    Because the whole concept of a marketplace is completely blizzlike to begin with. It wouldn't even have to be a % change to your experience gained. It could be the ability to instantly purchase level 60 or level 70 - something a number of other private servers find to work well and use regularly.

4. well i can make alot and i meant Alot! of gold from Mop and Cata realms and still get coins but over 100 coins for 1 items are way 2 HIGH... even 4 my staste lol

5. LOVE YOU MOLTEN STAFF!!!! LOVE YOU!!.
    As you said, this is only to keep realm up and staff members paid. Thank you thank you for not ruining this realm with marketplace! 700% is awesome and trust me once we hit deep into wotlk there will be lots of donations!

6. If it were for me, there would be no donations at all. But this is capitalism, and it's fine. Giving there will be no shadowmourne (otherwise the server will be exactly like the others and it would certainly fail), high prices seems fine.
    People Will Pay.
    I'm sure of it. Come on, I've played here since the release of the first server back in 2009: in old times you'd see 5-6 legendaries in every BG you played, when it used to cost around 300 coins. You can choose the price you want, my dearest Warmane staff. It is a 6k people exactly-as-the-official server, with no bugs, running as smoothly as a bolt of silk cloth. The rabbit is ready to be skinned. And if something goes wrong, which I strongly doubt, you can always decrease the prices later on.
    Do not take into account the opinion of those who cry about increased coins cost. This is a hardcore server. They will pay sooner or later, no matter how much they complain now. They wouldn't risk falling behind.

7. I think its good that the prices are. Imo, I think there shouldn't be a marketplace for lordaron. not as "hardcore" if you aske me. Maybe a marketplace for in games perks. ie, mount companions bags, but not Gear, trinkets rings helm weapons.. Leave it the way it was in retail.. Make this server as Legit as you can...

But that's just my opinion..

8. Why you feel the need to donate in order to get gear ?

9. Why you feel the need to donate in order to get gear ?
    I personally don't care if people get gear or not. I get that a lot of people care a great deal about the realm not being P2W. At the same time, though, I want to see a marketplace that encourages donating because I want Lordaeron to be a successful and profitable realm for them, so we can keep a strict marketplace and don't have to worry about monetization changes in general to the realm.

I would say that it should be 2-300% normal cost, considering the other limitation to what items you can buy (one tier increase in an item is 13 to 20 item levels, depending on how you look at it, as opposed to being able to buy Glorenzelg or Shadowmourne while your character is naked).

And I would add a time /played requirement to both weapons and trinkets.

I get that we want to restrict the P2W as much as possible, but we want people to donate too. I don't want this to be another failed Frostwolf charity realm, and I'm sure that you, Kaer, will know exactly what I'm talking about there.
    Adding to this ^
    We could also have a PROMOTIONS tab added back to the marketplace like there was before the moltdown.

The PROMOTIONS tab could be used for holiday promotions or things going on sale.
    Holiday mounts or pets available at either a discounted rate from what they normally would be in the marketplace, or only make them available on the marketplace during their related holiday. Headless Horseman's Reins for 150 coins, for example, and only available for a week (during Hallow's End).
    One-week-long sales, once per month, which include discounts on the least popular items on the marketplace.

Anyone have or use Steam much? Anyone have friends that use it? If you do, you know that during a Steam sale, purchases are REALLY high and the Steam sales are super popular. I wouldn't want to see 75% discounts, but I still think occasional sales would encourage a lot of donating.

10. I personally don't care if people get gear or not. I get that a lot of people care a great deal about the realm not being P2W. At the same time, though, I want to see a marketplace that encourages donating because I want Lordaeron to be a successful and profitable realm for them, so we can keep a strict marketplace and don't have to worry about monetization changes in general to the realm.

We could also have a PROMOTIONS tab added back to the marketplace like there was before the moltdown.

The PROMOTIONS tab could be used for holiday promotions or things going on sale.
    Holiday mounts or pets available at either a discounted rate from what they normally would be in the marketplace, or only make them available on the marketplace during their related holiday. Headless Horseman's Reins for 150 coins, for example, and only available for a week (during Hallow's End).
    One-week-long sales, once per month, which include discounts on the least popular items on the marketplace.

Anyone have or use Steam much? Anyone have friends that use it? If you do, you know that during a Steam sale, purchases are REALLY high and the Steam sales are super popular. I wouldn't want to see 75% discounts, but I still think occasional sales would encourage a lot of donating.
    My roommates started to play only because Lordaeron has restricted its donations & the marketplace. I don't know how many people feel the same but probably enough, as you say. I am trying to get to Master tier in LoL, so I don't know anything about any games since like last year, but based on that people pay a lot for skins. Now I don't know how that would work, - if it could - but perhaps creating slightly different and / or recolored models for end-game items and sets. Perhaps too much work, I have no idea how implement-able would that be (aside from new client to download I guess).

11. In my humble opinion, gear shouldn't be allowed to be obtained in the shop, only cosmetics, pets, toys and mounts (TCG mounts etc). I very much dislike the idea of being able to get actual raiding gear in the shop, despite the increased cost.

Thanks for reading. I love the server so far, best one yet!

12. In my humble opinion, gear shouldn't be allowed to be obtained in the shop, only cosmetics, pets, toys and mounts (TCG mounts etc). I very much dislike the idea of being able to get actual raiding gear in the shop, despite the increased cost.

Thanks for reading. I love the server so far, best one yet!
    Exactly, this is actually a huge reason for me to actually stop playing. a "hardcore" server which sells items is just sad. Just my 2 cents.

13. I think that this is ridiculous... U only forcing rich ppl now, for 99% of community this shop will be unavailable... Better disable marketplace for everyone then this! 700% is insane!!! Once more, better to disable, now only few ppl (read Peregrine plus several guys) will be visitors of shop.... Its just discrimination, one side with deep pockets and other with...well not deep pockets :)

14. I think that this is ridiculous... U only forcing rich ppl now, for 99% of community this shop will be unavailable... Better disable marketplace for everyone then this! 700% is insane!!! Once more, better to disable, now only few ppl (read Peregrine plus several guys) will be visitors of shop.... Its just discrimination, one side with deep pockets and other with...well not deep pockets :)
    I think it is fine. That was I believe the whole point of the Lordaeron realm, to make it less "p2w". It is somewhat better to have 1 guy full geared than 10 with the BiS weapon. That 1 guy is still rare, the BiS weapon is now common. Whether or not the realm is sustainable... I do not know.

First 123412 ... Last