1. I have better idea

Disable all coin and point for Lordaeron
    Hardcore \o/

2. Enjoy the game why paying for items , isn't better to obtain by ur hard work ?
    This is great news +1

3. What people don't seem to understand is that when you donate, you get bored of the character 5 times faster. Which just results in creating a new one/leaving the server/moving server. I've seen and done a fair share of that myself.

The option to donate is still there for everyone but getting BIS gear shouldn't be your incentive to keep the server funded.
    Earn your damn gear instead of crying that you can't get a full BIS set for 100euro.
    I've donated well over 150euro to molten in the past and I ended up quitting the server very shortly after because there was nothing else to do.

I Agree with the suggestion that donation can possibly give an XP boost but certainly not 100%, that's a little excessive. Maybe a 50% boost or so for 20-50 coins.

Lordaeron has turned into something quite amazing and people seem to forget how bad it is when you have so many people running around that didn't earn it.

If you want to have a server that lasts a long time, you need it to be "hardcore" as it's intended to be, but since it's required, some donations have to exist, at a high price where if you REALLY cant get something, you can buy it.
    Think of it this way, why does blizzard release new expansions? Because new content = more to do and people get bored less.
    Now imagine if you get all the top end gear on week 1 of launch. how long do you think you'll play?

Long story short, stop whining. You should only be donating for 1/2 items at most and for items that are near to impossible to get. Not for every piece of gear just to gain an early advantage against the fair people that grind their way to a full set.

4. As an alternative to buying items, I would suggest the ability to donate for a slightly increased experience rate on alts (available once you have a character at 80). $20 to increase the experience rate on a character by 100% would be a nice perk for people who have already leveled a character to cap. It would keep money flowing into the server without negatively impacting game play.
    I dont like this idea.
    Pls Warmane, never ever release any kind of experience boost or instant max level service on Lordaeron.
    Im fine with heirloom beeing available one day but pls not any kind of xp boost for coins. If such a thing would be available then everybody would skip the leveling part and the low level areas are once again ghost towns and the whole focus would be on max level like on the other realms.

- Item costs increased by up to 700% in comparison to other realms
    - Items can only be upgraded (existing equipped item must be no less than 30 item levels below the new one)[/U]
    In this case a player just need to farm emblems of frost to buy set, offset and trinkets with 251 item level and then the player has already the requirments to buy a complete best in slot gear with icc 25 hc and rs 25 hc items for coins.

My suggestion:
    - 20 item level below is required to upgrade a item
    - item costs increase by 300%

Reason:
    In this case the t10 sanctified set would be necessary to buy the t10 hc set and a BiS item would cost between 60-70 coins.
    Edited: October 12, 2015

5. When will people realize its not meant to gear you as much as its meant to be just enough income to support the server uptime.

Do not reduce price Warmane, trust me it will be enough even this way.

6. You miss the entire logic of this post, you must earn gear already before you can donate for it.

7. The prices are really good and please keep it that way Kaer. People will pay for it in the end. When everything looks good and stable, people will love the hardcore mode and will donate for a healthy server not for Bis gear...

8. I'd like to ask something, from the people who are stating the prices are fine like this.

Are you someone who has made a donation in the past and plan on doing one for Lordaeron?

That's something very important to include in your opinion, because it's easy for someone who never donated and has no plans of doing it to say the prices are fine as they are. Many who fit in that are people who don't want to see any coin items at all, which is fair as an opinion, but bad when taking into consideration that we have to gauge prices on a thin threshold where the server won't be inundated with items, but still people will be encouraged to donate enough for it to maintain itself.

9. Ohoho I see already some stupid thing like hey give us boost. No! Not going to happen. Go to Deathwing or Ragnaros and play there. No you wont go through the people with shadowmourne. Stop it.

10. I'd like to ask something, from the people who are stating the prices are fine like this.

Are you someone who has made a donation in the past and plan on doing one for Lordaeron?

That's something very important to include in your opinion, because it's easy for someone who never donated and has no plans of doing it to say the prices are fine as they are. Many who fit in that are people who don't want to see any coin items at all, which is fair as an opinion, but bad when taking into consideration that we have to gauge prices on a thin threshold where the server won't be inundated with items, but still people will be encouraged to donate enough for it to maintain itself.
    I donated for around 350 coins for Lordaeron even before it was released and I planned on donating a lot more, but 117 coins for a ToC weapon? I mean, come on guys, Shadowmourne used to cost 150 coins and now you want 117 coins for ToC weapon. I don't think anyone is such a fool to pay so much coins for such weapon. Why would someone pay so much when he can actually get it IG very easy? Same goes for most stuff... I personally would donate for only mounts, but these prices are really insane.

I know most of the donors like me will agree. All those who don't actually understand how you guys paying the host and never ever donated themselve, they will keep saying it is nice and good because people will buy very rarely, like 1 guy in 500. Is that enough for you to cover your bills? I don't think so.

If the prices keep being so high I will probably never donate again, and spend the coins I currently have for a mount or whatever.

11. I'd like to ask something, from the people who are stating the prices are fine like this.

Yeah, to be honest, I left retail because I wasn't bothered with all the time you needed to get anything done, catch up and such + paying when I don't have time to play.
    I have donated on Molten with 2 different accounts that were lost (this is over a timescale of 5+ years I think), and not small amounts either.
    I wouldn't have an issue with donating 10 euro every now and then to support the server. Assuming I'm donating for a server I plan to play on in the long run..

12. I'm so happy with the shop not really being viable to use. I think the perfect balance is for it to be so expensive that not many people wants to use it, yet a low price enough for Warmane to not go too much minus.

13. I'd like to ask something, from the people who are stating the prices are fine like this.

Imo the prices are too high.
    I would buy a BiS item for 60-70 coins so a cost increase of 300% compared to the other realms.

I suggest to reduce the prices but increase the requirements.
    I think that at least the t10 sanctified gear should be required to buy the t10 hc gear.
    When it comes to trinket there should be special limitation: With the current system u would just need to get a trinket for emblem of frost and then u can buy every HC trinket out there. Imo it should be necessary to have the normal trinket version to be able to buy the hc version. For example DBW normal is required to buy DBW hc.

One more thing that I would like to add is that the general prices of the Wotlk coin shop need to be reworked.
    It doesnt make sense that for example bracer cost the same amount of coins like a weapon.
    Who would buy bracers for lets say 70 coins on lordaeron when he can have a weapon for the same amount of coins?
    With the current prices ppl will only donate for trinkets and weapons because they get a bigger gear improvement for the same amount of coins.

14. So far total items purchased for coins on Lordaeron is 1.

15. I wonder if someone's actually "wise" enough to buy a Vanilla or a TBC item for real money... I mean come on, really? Mounts on the other hand... why not?

First ... 2345614 ... Last