1. I thought the coins for Lordaeron's market place would only be obtainable IG... meh, we're back to old Lord this way.
    As some suggested, better disable the coin shop for Lordaeron, or put only items which can neither be obtainable IG nor spoil the game, such as WoW TCG items or old Vanilla's/BC's mounts/mascots, etc... that would be wisest.

2. I thought the coins for Lordaeron's market place would only be obtainable IG... meh, we're back to old Lord this way.
    As some suggested, better disable the coin shop for Lordaeron, or put only items which can neither be obtainable IG nor spoil the game, such as WoW TCG items or old Vanilla's/BC's mounts/mascots, etc... that would be wisest.
    The realm needs to sustain itself somehow you know... Server hosting isn't free. But yeah, they shouldn't sell BiS items for the first few months of a heroic raid release.

3. I thought the coins for Lordaeron's market place would only be obtainable IG... meh, we're back to old Lord this way.
    Yeah it would be the wisest way to go bankrupt for Warmane.

4. Yeah it would be the wisest way to go bankrupt for Warmane.
    If you think Warmane has only Lord to rely on, then you're wrong. If it is the case, though, then with the items costs increased by 700% the server will go bankrupt all the same. So better sell lore items (that lots of people will buy) with lower prices than BiS with abused ones.

The realm needs to sustain itself somehow you know... Server hosting isn't free. But yeah, they shouldn't sell BiS items for the first few months of a heroic raid release.
    The realm has other realms to pay for it. I think they wouldn't have opened Lordaeron is they knew they wouldn't be able to keep it.

5. If you think Warmane has only Lord to rely on, then you're wrong. If it is the case, though, then with the items costs increased by 700% the server will go bankrupt all the same. So better sell lore items (that lots of people will buy) with lower prices than BiS with abused ones.

The realm has other realms to pay for it. I think they wouldn't have opened Lordaeron is they knew they wouldn't be able to keep it.
    You seem to have forgotten what happened to Frostwolf back when it originally launched. They launched it as a "non-donation" realm back in the days. That, however, changed quite quickly after they saw that the realm could no longer pay for its hosting. So no, the other realms can't pay so that all the lovely "hardcore" players on Lordaeron can enjoy their "hardcore" (ooh goodies!) experience. Disabling the RDF was enough of a pathetic attempt* to please that "community" (that is destined to fail once the hype is over, mind you). Let's not make things even worse.

*Either that or a simple cashgrab that would make people gear up slower in order to achieve more purchases from the coins shop. I'm really hoping it's the latter one.
    Edited: October 12, 2015

6. You seem to have forgotten what happened to Frostwolf back when it originally launched. They launched it as a "non-donation" realm back in the days. That, however, changed quite quickly after they saw that the realm could no longer pay for its hosting. So no, the other realms can't pay so that all the lovely "hardcore" players on Lordaeron can enjoy their "hardcore" (ooh goodies!) experience. Disabling the RDF was enough of a pathetic attempt* to please that "community" (that is destined to fail once the hype is over, mind you). Let's not make things even worse.

*Either that or a simple cashgrab that would make people gear up slower in order to achieve more purchases from the coins shop. I'm really hoping it's the latter one.
    I never knew about Frostwolf, though it's completely different from Lordaeron. So if other realms can't pay for Lord, the only for it to survive is to be "donation" realm ? What a disappointment...

7. I never knew about Frostwolf, though it's completely different from Lordaeron. So if other realms can't pay for Lord, the only for it to survive is to be "donation" realm ? What a disappointment...
    A disappointment would be something that failed to meet one's expectations. However, those expectations must have been based on something that was changed/altered in a negative way. This, however, is not the case, for they have specifically mentioned their intention to sell gear long before the realm had launched. (http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....lm-Information)
    Hence, I see no reason for your "disappointment".

8. Is lordaeron going to have faction change anytime soon?

9. What people don't seem to understand is that when you donate, you get bored of the character 5 times faster.
    I'm starting to learn this myself. I've donated a good bit on this account and am an exalted donator on my main Warmane account. But I am enjoying my dirt poor Lordaeron toons scrounging for silver more than any of the ones I paid for. So I don't plan to buy anything on Lordaeron- that's my "keeping it real" server.

I'll buy Prideful gear on Frostwolf when that comes out, but on Lordaeron I plan for my toons to earn everything they get in game.

10. ...I see no reason for your "disappointment".
    --->
    I thought the coins for Lordaeron's market place would only be obtainable IG...
    That's the reason of my disappointment. But now I discovered that it's gonna be a donation realm...

11. --->

That's the reason of my disappointment. But now I discovered that it's gonna be a donation realm...
    Not really. Do you understand the gear you can buy is NOT the best gear? So the guy who is good at the game will have better gear than the rich guy. That's not pay to win.

If you're looking for a realm with no donations at all, I don't think that even exists anywhere. Servers cost money and people need to eat.

12. i have donated for like 4000 coins and have 5 other premium accounts
    i probably wont donate for gear on lordaeron since i have donated for gear on other expansions and deathwing,but i might consider buying cosmetics in the future,and will probably buy more coins for future expansion like wod (and legionl too far into the future lol )

13. --->

You thought that the currency we provide as a reward from donation will be obtained in-game? We didn't say that anywhere on forums and we explicitly said that there will be no trading system or the points store on Lordaeron.

I don't see how in the world you came to think that.

14. You thought that the currency we provide as a reward from donation will be obtained in-game? We didn't say that anywhere on forums and we explicitly said that there will be no trading system or the points store on Lordaeron.
    Fack, I misunderstood, once again........

DESIGN FEATURES
    Dungeon Finder disabled
    Armory PvP and PvE ladder
    No point store
    Limited coin store:
    - No character level boosts
    - No profession boosts
    - No realm transfer
    - No heirlooms
    - No legendary items
    - Limitations to companion and mount availability
    - Item availability based on realm's progression
    - Item availability based on in-game obtainability
    - Must have a lower tier equipped before higher item can be obtained using coins
    - Item level requirement (i.e. must have Edge of Agony equipped before Fleshrender can be obtained using coins
    - Increased item coin costs

UNCONFIRMED FEATURES
    Features that may or may not make it into the release.

- Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor release at launch
    - Outland release 1 month after launch
    - Northrend release 2 months after launch
    - Death Knight release 2 months after launch

- No name change
    - No race change
    - No faction change

SUGGESTIONS
    Features that compliment realm's design of long-term activity, population and world PvP in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor.

- Portal from Ironforge and Orgrimmar to Shattrah City and Dalaran to keep big capital cities populated
    - Chest spawn in Eastern Kingdoms containing a token that can be redeemed for coins on the website

REQUESTED SUGGESTIONS
    - Gold drain mechanics to maintain competitive Auction House prices and a healthy realm economy in the long-term
    - Simple, minimal but effective ways to maintain long-term activity, population and world PvP in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor
    That was the original post before it got edited. But I see the "chest" option was only a suggestion. Now that's another disappointment...

15. So far total items purchased for coins on Lordaeron is 1.
    That is..... not so much to say haha :)
    But on the other side, people know the vanilla stage will be over in about a month. Gear bought now is kind of obsolete very soon. Thereby, doing some PvP and getting the marshall set is very very easy.

I wonder though, what item has been bought?

I won't donate anymore, not because I don't think warmane doesn't deserve it... but my wallet is hungry ;)

EDIT: I just read donations are currently not working/disabled because some technical stuff. Might explain aswell why there is not so much bought ;p
    Edited: October 12, 2015

First ... 3456715 ... Last