1. Lordaeron Marketplace

Lordaeron coin store has been released following guidelines outlined in the Lordaeron Realm Information thread.

Items available in marketplace during initial release will be only items up to Blackrock Spire.
    Costs of classic items will be reduced once The Burning Crusade content is released
    Costs of The Burning Crusade items will be reduced once Wrath of the Lich King content is released

MARKETPLACE COIN RESTRICTIONS:
    - Items available will be 1 Tier below items obtainable in-game until all content is released in all modes
    - Item costs increased by up to 700% in comparison to other realms
    - Items can only be upgraded (existing equipped item must be no less than 30 item levels below the new one)

- Item level requirement (for example must have Edge of Agony equipped before Fleshrender can be obtained using coins)
    - Limitations to companion and mount availability (TBA)
    - No heirlooms
    - No legendary items

Example of item costs through progression:

CLASSIC
    Barman Shanker 21 coins
    Flamescarred Shoulders 22 coins
    Relentless Scythe 27 coins
    Circle of Flame 30 coins

THE BURNING CRUSADE (Classic item costs are reduced by 25%)
    Barman Shanker 15 coins
    Burnoose of Shifting Ages 35 coins
    Glorious Gauntlets of Crestfall 55 coins
    Vestments of the Sea-Witch 61 coins

WRATH OF THE LICH KING (Classic item costs reduced by 50%, The Burning Crusade item costs reduced by 25%)
    Barman Shanker 10 coins
    Burnoose of Shifting Ages 26 coins
    Amulet of Wills 47 coins
    Dual-blade Butcher 113 coins

2. Price's too high regarding wotlk items and will decrease alot of people's ability to donate regularly, maybe 40-50 coins tops for a lk drop i cant see myself or alot of other players paying much more then that for one single item.

3. I think the higher prices will drive people away from donating until either all content is released or the realm is stuck at some level of progression.
    Unless someone is hardcore roleplaying lol

But I like the prices because they strongly encourage doing the content instead of buying it.

4. I would say that it should be 2-300% normal cost, considering the other limitation to what items you can buy (one tier increase in an item is 13 to 20 item levels, depending on how you look at it, as opposed to being able to buy Glorenzelg or Shadowmourne while your character is naked).

And I would add a time /played requirement to both weapons and trinkets.

I get that we want to restrict the P2W as much as possible, but we want people to donate too. I don't want this to be another failed Frostwolf charity realm, and I'm sure that you, Kaer, will know exactly what I'm talking about there.

5. Kaer`s said that it`s 30 itemlevels, which is about 2.5 (WotLK) itemtiers of upgrade that you can get.

6. And yet the example he gives is a 13 item level difference.

Stop arguing semantics.

7. Lol whos gonna pay 113 coins for a ****ty axe. Beri

8. The feedback so far has been good, internal discussions are still ongoing and the more feedback we have, the better.

9. Personally i totally support all the limitations and the price increases....but 113 coins for a wotlk item...is just too much .

60-70 would be much better. Just my opinion.

10. Price's too high regarding wotlk items and will decrease alot of people's ability to donate regularly, maybe 40-50 coins tops for a lk drop i cant see myself or alot of other players paying much more then that for one single item.
    Wouldn't it be a shame if you couldn't buy your way into good gear?

11. I've been following this server for a while, and the marketplace is the only thing that has made me skeptical about the future of this server. I am strongly against there being a marketplace for items at all, but if it must exist, I think you guys struck a good balance. Being able to donate for BiS items will destroy the spirit of a "hardcore" server, so if the market absolutely must stay, I'm glad that the restrictions are aggressive.

As an alternative to buying items, I would suggest the ability to donate for a slightly increased experience rate on alts (available once you have a character at 80). $20 to increase the experience rate on a character by 100% would be a nice perk for people who have already leveled a character to cap. It would keep money flowing into the server without negatively impacting game play.

Thanks for all your hard work.

12. As an alternative to buying items, I would suggest the ability to donate for a slightly increased experience rate on alts (available once you have a character at 80). $20 to increase the experience rate on a character by 100% would be a nice perk for people who have already leveled a character to cap. It would keep money flowing into the server without negatively impacting game play.

This I disagree very much with. Before you know it, you'll be able to pay for professional skill increase and what not.

Keep all the rates at 1x at all times.

Regarding the prices, I believe they are very resonable. This realm has already a huge playerbase and players who normaly donate likely won't mind paying some extra for their items, especially if the server is successful which this one seems to be so far.

13. I would say that it should be 2-300% normal cost, considering the other limitation to what items you can buy (one tier increase in an item is 13 to 20 item levels, depending on how you look at it, as opposed to being able to buy Glorenzelg or Shadowmourne while your character is naked).

And I would add a time /played requirement to both weapons and trinkets.

I get that we want to restrict the P2W as much as possible, but we want people to donate too. I don't want this to be another failed Frostwolf charity realm, and I'm sure that you, Kaer, will know exactly what I'm talking about there.
    As much as I want to see the least of LK25HC weapons or SM, I gotta say these prices are ridiculously high and you score against yourselves with that. I say reduce them by 50% and this way you will keep a good part of the donaters and P2W will be significantly decreased. Cheers for the nice work on Lordaeron.
    Edited: October 12, 2015

14. As an alternative to buying items, I would suggest the ability to donate for a slightly increased experience rate on alts (available once you have a character at 80). $20 to increase the experience rate on a character by 100% would be a nice perk for people who have already leveled a character to cap. It would keep money flowing into the server without negatively impacting game play.
    This is a great suggestion. I suggested something in a similiar vein myself not too long ago. Something like this would provide a means for Lordaeron to be able to keep funding itself, whilst not furthering the pay-to-win aspect of the game at level 80 at all, with also bringing along the added benefit of increasing end-game activity by increasing the pool of toons that are level 80 and dungeon/raid-ready.

15. This is a great suggestion. I suggested something in a similiar vein myself not too long ago. Something like this would provide a means for Lordaeron to be able to keep funding itself, whilst not furthering the pay-to-win aspect of the game at level 80 at all, with also bringing along the added benefit of increasing end-game activity by increasing the pool of toons that are level 80 and dungeon/raid-ready.
    No. Just no.

Prices seem a bit high, wotlk epics should be 80ish coins not 130. The experience bonus suggestion is one of the lamest things i've heard yet. It actually ruins raiding because everyone has 10 alts and they suck on all of them.

12311 ... Last