1. So much dispute over which part of this game is valuable; gear, achievements, rankings, realm firsts...

Spoiler: Show

2. Unfortunately a huge amount of pve gear is bis pvp gear. I hate blizzard for not completely and utterly separating the two.

Loled; there is only one. Yogg+0.
    Lol right cause LK 25 hc without buff is not hard right? Some bosses in ICC HC without buff and no gear is insane... Yogg+0 is really hard as well so... Well PVP gear won't matter in Wrath anyway in PVE in some major degree sooo.... Also SArth 3 drakes is hard without gear (you outgear it later) so... There are challenges still.. They might buff raids just so you know! :)
    Yogg zero-light
    Algalon with 1-hour timer
    PP and LK without 30% buff (at 0% buff, please) and with proper wipe limit scripted (meaning 50 shared wipe limit between all wing bosses; PP, BQL, Sindy & LK)

Four fights. Not one.
    It'll also help the difficulty to not have everyone BIS geared.

3. Status as of 24 hours since Lordaeron marketplace opening, a total of 5 items have been purchased with coins.

4. The goal of the marketplace is to bring money into the server. Okay, great. But the future of the server depends upon it being a uniquely "hardcore" WotLK server, one where you can't simply donate to win the game. So how do we bring money into the server without affecting other parts of the game? It's simple--just follow Valve's model.

There are a huge amount of items out there that are only available through trading cards. Just to name a few--

- Spectral Tiger
    - Blazing Hippogryph
    - Epic Purple Shirt
    - Picnic Basket
    - and the list goes on

Why not sell ONLY cool vanity items like that? They're already unavailable in game, and it would be a way to bring money into the server without affecting gameplay. Because honestly, the appeal of this server is completely based on the fact that it's NOT pay to win--it's marketed as a hardcore, authentic experience. Focus on ways to bring in revenue that DON'T affect gameplay. Your playerbase will thank you for it, and it will create a healthy server that stands the test of time. Donating for epics has absolutely no place on a realm like this.

5. The goal of the marketplace is to bring money into the server. Okay, great. But the future of the server depends upon it being a uniquely "hardcore" WotLK server, one where you can't simply donate to win the game. So how do we bring money into the server without affecting other parts of the game? It's simple--just follow Valve's model.

There are a huge amount of items out there that are only available through trading cards. Just to name a few--

- Spectral Tiger
    - Blazing Hippogryph
    - Epic Purple Shirt
    - Picnic Basket
    - and the list goes on

Why not sell ONLY cool vanity items like that? They're already unavailable in game, and it would be a way to bring money into the server without affecting gameplay. Because honestly, the appeal of this server is completely based on the fact that it's NOT pay to win--it's marketed as a hardcore, authentic experience. Focus on ways to bring in revenue that DON'T affect gameplay. Your playerbase will thank you for it, and it will create a healthy server that stands the test of time. Donating for epics has absolutely no place on a realm like this.
    As someone who played on Molten/Warmane Cataclysm for multiple years where everyone and their grandmother had a http://cata.openwow.com/item=78478 and all other various HC PvE weapons/trinkets - especially after Moltdown happened and everyone had their coins refunded - to the point where donating for HC PvE core items was almost a necessity to even be viable to compete on the PvP scene, this:

MARKETPLACE COIN RESTRICTIONS:
    - Items available will be 1 Tier below items obtainable in-game until all content is released in all modes
    - Item costs increased by up to 700% in comparison to other realms
    - Items can only be upgraded (existing equipped item must be no less than 30 item levels below the new one)
    - Item level requirement (for example must have Edge of Agony equipped before Fleshrender can be obtained using coins)
    This is hardly game breaking. Not that I don't agree that absolutely no gear donations would be preferable for the players who want to experience the maximum level of authenticity of this realm, the reality of the situation however is an entirely different matter. I'm sure the Staff of this server have brainstormed every possible scenario regarding this topic and the result, I have to say, is most likely the optimal solution. People simply cannot obtain end game content gear directly from scratch - they have to have the lower tiers obtained prior to the purchase to even be viable to spend the insane amount of coins they'd be willing to spend on said items.

And, for the sake of argument: even if someone did donate for every single tier piece to be able to donate for a full set of end game gear - which they could do once all the content is released and available on the Marketplace - do you have any idea how much they'd have to spend to do something like that? The amount of revenue that the server will gain from one player going the distance for pay2win on this realm is incredible and with, what, 20 000 unique players on the realm? You won't even notice the difference.

Sure, there will be players going the distance and donors will, yet again, be a thing on Lordaeron. But in the grande scheme of things: it will hardly even be noticable. Compared to the situation on the other realms - Lordaeron will be a free to play, authentic, hardcore, x1 Wrath of the Lich King experience which will be funded by the few. I mean what more can you ask for?
    Edited: October 13, 2015

6. I`ve seen other servers doing fairly well by just selling cosmetics (pets, mounts, tabards and stuff like those), but iono whether that`ll work here. Might be worth a shot.

7. I`ve seen other servers doing fairly well by just selling cosmetics (pets, mounts, tabards and stuff like those), but iono whether that`ll work here. Might be worth a shot.
    Exactly what I've always suggested. People who joined Lordaeron want a hardcore server without LoLmourners everywhere so they won't mind if the marketplace is only about cosmetics, even they will accept that and go along with it just fine I guess.

8. Exactly what I've always suggested. People who joined Lordaeron want a hardcore server without LoLmourners everywhere so they won't mind if the marketplace is only about cosmetics, even they will accept that and go along with it just fine I guess.
    There won't be an abundance of http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=49623 regardless:

- No legendary items
    Check yo' self.

9. I'm happy with the prices, means it'll be rare to see someone Buy there way up.

Although I can see alot of people whinning that the prices are too high.

10. The goal of the marketplace is to bring money into the server. Okay, great. But the future of the server depends upon it being a uniquely "hardcore" WotLK server, one where you can't simply donate to win the game. So how do we bring money into the server without affecting other parts of the game? It's simple--just follow Valve's model.

- Spectral Tiger
    - Blazing Hippogryph
    - Epic Purple Shirt
    - Picnic Basket
    - and the list goes on

Dota 2 was designed to earn Valve money through cosmetic items. World of Warcraft was designed around grind and subscription. I'll give some clarifications - what you mentioned is very possible, it only takes $60 per month to rent a host, compile a Trinity Core, open a template website and run a "quality private server" such as most servers seen on www.openwow.com. Large private servers have much, much higher costs that rise exponentially.

Unfortunately, vanity's few hundred dollars per month @6,000 daily peaking players (20,000 unique players and coins spent on 5 items) doesn't cover Warmane's 24 dedicated server infrastructure (majority being top end hardware available), near 50 staff member salaries (all Warmane staff is paid), premium hosting services, ultimate available network, security, anti-DoS mitigation and many other services. Unfortunately, it appears that people only pay to win after all, or at least many of people from our community. A guy that just got rekt by a 2H Warrior never thinks "oh wow... it feels good to get owned by you coz your items dropped from a raid" - the desire to smash the keyboard is is equally high, no matter if the player got it from a boss drop or spent coins on it.

That said, we will be releasing mounts, bags and companions on Lordaeron's marketplace tomorrow and hopefully it will help change the fact that Lordaeron is currently the most populated realm, with the by least amount of funding and has been the main focus of Warmane's development for 4 months now. It is too early to assume Lordaeron's funding to be a failure, more time and statistics are needed to get a better idea on whether current restrictions are capable of achieving a good balance between effectively maintaining Lordaeron's hardcore design and while still making it worthy of its past, present and future time and manpower dedicated to its development.

11. As someone who played on Molten/Warmane Cataclysm for multiple years where everyone and their grandmother had a http://cata.openwow.com/item=78478 and all other various HC PvE weapons/trinkets - especially after Moltdown happened and everyone had their coins refunded - to the point where donating for HC PvE core items was almost a necessity to even be viable to compete on the PvP scene, this:

This is hardly game breaking. Not that I don't agree that absolutely no gear donations would be preferable for the players who want to experience the maximum level of authenticity of this realm, the reality of the situation however is an entirely different matter. I'm sure the Staff of this server have brainstormed every possible scenario regarding this topic and the result, I have to say, is most likely the optimal solution. People simply cannot obtain end game content gear directly from scratch - they have to have the lower tiers obtained prior to the purchase to even be viable to spend the insane amount of coins they'd be willing to spend on said items.

And, for the sake of argument: even if someone did donate for every single tier piece to be able to donate for a full set of end game gear - which they could do once all the content is released and available on the Marketplace - do you have any idea how much they'd have to spend to do something like that? The amount of revenue that the server will gain from one player going the distance for pay2win on this realm is incredible and with, what, 20 000 unique players on the realm? You won't even notice the difference.

Sure, there will be players going the distance and donors will, yet again, be a thing on Lordaeron. But in the grande scheme of things: it will hardly even be noticable. Compared to the situation on the other realms - Lordaeron will be a free to play, authentic, hardcore, x1 Wrath of the Lich King experience which will be funded by the few. I mean what more can you ask for?
    What I am more concerned about is donating for trinkets in PvP. I'm not looking forward to everyone being able to donate for Bauble, Double Deathbringer's Will, Death's Choice, Reign of the Dead, etc. It pretty much forces you to donate to be competitive, because a single item can have such a huge impact on game balance. It can absolutely be game changing, and it goes against the server's purpose.

12. Bro's it is World's most complete and hardcore WOTLK server.

i am hardcore. lordaeron is hardcore

13. Dota 2 was designed to earn Valve money through cosmetic items. World of Warcraft was designed around grind and subscription. I'll give some clarifications - what you mentioned is very possible, it only takes $60 per month to rent a host, compile a Trinity Core, open a template website and run a "quality private server" such as most servers seen on www.openwow.com. Large private servers have much, much higher costs that rise exponentially.

Unfortunately, vanity's few hundred dollars per month @6,000 daily peaking players (20,000 unique players and coins spent on 5 items) doesn't cover Warmane's 24 dedicated server infrastructure (majority being top end hardware available), near 50 staff member salaries (all Warmane staff is paid), premium hosting services, ultimate available network, security, anti-DoS mitigation and many other services. Unfortunately, it appears that people only pay to win after all, or at least many of people from our community. A guy that just got rekt by a 2H Warrior never thinks "oh wow... it feels good to get owned by you coz your items dropped from a raid" - the desire to smash the keyboard is is equally high, no matter if the player got it from a boss drop or spent coins on it.

That said, we will be releasing mounts, bags and companions on Lordaeron's marketplace tomorrow and hopefully it will help change the fact that Lordaeron is currently the most populated realm, with the by least amount of funding and has been the main focus of Warmane's development for 4 months now. It is too early to assume Lordaeron's funding to be a failure, more time and statistics are needed to get a better idea on whether current restrictions are capable of achieving a good balance between effectively maintaining Lordaeron's hardcore design and while still making it worthy of its past, present and future time and manpower dedicated to its development.
    You know your revenue needs better than anyone, so perhaps it really is the only way to sustain a server like this. I really hope that the marketplace in its current implementation is enough to cover costs for you guys, because you have a great thing going with this server and I'd love to see it live on for a long time. Thanks for the reply.

14. That said, we will be releasing mounts, bags and companions on Lordaeron's marketplace tomorrow and hopefully it will help change the fact that Lordaeron is currently the most populated realm, with the by least amount of funding and has been the main focus of Warmane's development for 4 months now. It is too early to assume Lordaeron's funding to be a failure, more time and statistics are needed to get a better idea on whether current restrictions are capable of achieving a good balance between effectively maintaining Lordaeron's hardcore design and while still making it worthy of its past, present and future time and manpower dedicated to its development.
    I really don't think paid faction, race and appearance changes would hurt Lordaeron's essential hardcore quality. After all, those were all available in WOTLK on retail.

OTOH, if BIS gear were available for coins, a lot of people would feel deceived.

15. I have better idea

Disable all coin and point for Lordaeron
    Hardcore \o/
    haha yea. ok .. so.. ummm .. who's going to pay for Lordaeron's server maintenance, staff salaries,etc , etc etc. U? ;)

Even tho i don't play much on Lorda, the coin prices are a bit too much. you guys might have less people donating in that way ( server in trouble). Maybe there would be more people donating for gear if the prices were a bit lowered as suggested by other people. After all - more donations is always good for server. Unless you guys have plenty of cash/backup $$ for Lordaeron to keep it running for years then its a different thing :).

First ... 5678917 ... Last