1. No, it's not wrong. We keep servers and the donations each generate separated.
    Lordaeron has to hold its own by itself, not by relying on what other servers get from donations.
    Why do you proceed this way ?

2. Why do you proceed this way ?
    It's how people run a serious business. If you have a shoe store in two different parts of the town, you can keep track if they are being self-sustaining and giving a profit, so being able to justify each remaining open. If all one does is drain funds from the other store, it unfortunately becomes a liability, unless you can change that picture somehow.

While we aren't focused on profit (we could be doing things differently and making much more if that was the point), we still have expenses, and they aren't as cheap as people who think of backyard private servers believe.

3. I would like to point out that you are currently selling gold in the marketplace. (20 coins for 200 gold) This might be intended just letting you know..

4. I would like to point out that you are currently selling gold in the marketplace. (20 coins for 200 gold) This might be intended just letting you know..
    I don't see that- do you still see that? The changes I see today are epic 60 gear is now available at a lower price. Still no bags or mounts available in my search, though I may be doing it wrong.

5. Prices are good as they are in the first post, do not reduce them, it will be a big mistake

6. I don't see that- do you still see that? The changes I see today are epic 60 gear is now available at a lower price. Still no bags or mounts available in my search, though I may be doing it wrong.
    I intentionally left out more information (a mod pm'd me asking how) incase this isnt intended, if it is i'll share

7. I prefer this prices. For me the idea of good server is the service, the control of bugs and cheats, a healthy economy and peaceful community.
    The point/coin market is a disruption in a X1 rate server. We have another server for that purpose... instant lvl 80, etc.
    I dont want the easy way. But I want the nice way.

8. That said, we will be releasing mounts, bags and companions on Lordaeron's marketplace tomorrow
    So, about those mounts? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

9. Imo, the only option would be to reduce cost by merging Deathwing and Ragnaros and divert some of the money to Lordaeron. Although this option would only be possible in few months when DW and Ragna are set on Lord's core. Although i think Warmane doesn't have to worry about marketplace being a bit of a failure in the begining, because bying gear now is not necessary for players, simply because it TBC will be released in few weeks, so that gear will become low-lvl in near future and it would be a waste of money. I'm pretty sure that when Northrend/ICC releases, you'll have tons of people donating.

10. and divert some of the money to Lordaeron.
    That's already a no by default, as I have already explained.

11. As i remeber Kaer said they have sufficient funds for TIME BEING but with current expenses etc,that wont last ages,i personally plan to donate in month n half,at least 100 coins min just to keep Lord up,regardless if il buy anything or not.

If everyone that has incentive to support does the same,it will be great,perrsonally i dont care bout gear as i plan to raid for it.

Il buy some bags (hopefully 36 slot bags????)
    And some nice mount or two.

Perhaps Icctrinket but thats long overdue.

I hope this Kaer incentive goes rather well for cosmetics (make sure to ADD TCG as they are really great great source of people0s desire).

We will see how it pans out,but remeber dont put instant 80,or any of legendaries.

People will donate if they plan to keep playing on this realm (those who work in RL).

Its being great so far.

12. @Obnoxious Yeah i agree, though i meant that suggestion as a solution only in the worst case scenario, if things got really bad :) Lordaeron should be kept alive by all means necessary bcs imo it's the future of Warmane.

13. @Obnoxious Yeah i agree, though i meant that suggestion as a solution only in the worst case scenario, if things got really bad :) Lordaeron should be kept alive by all means necessary bcs imo it's the future of Warmane.
    I'd probably see Lordaeron getting smaller and smaller caps (as weaker hardware was used to reduce costs) or eventually being discontinued if it can't sustain itself, than having two other quite successful servers being merged and leeched off.

14. I'd probably see Lordaeron getting smaller and smaller caps (as weaker hardware was used to reduce costs)
    Would the plan be to give donators to Lordaeron priority login if you reduced caps? I doubt people would be real eager to donate to a server if they had to wait an hour to logon and ride the mount they bought.

This is one rare area North American players have an advantage- our prime playing time tends not to have big crowds.

As far as discontinuing Lordaeron if it can't sustain itself- obviously it can sustain itself, it's just a matter of making the smart policies for donations that don't hurt the essence of the server.
    Edited: October 13, 2015

15. It is too early to assume Lordaeron's funding to be a failure, more time and statistics are needed to get a better idea on whether current restrictions are capable of achieving a good balance between effectively maintaining Lordaeron's hardcore design and while still making it worthy of its past, present and future time and manpower dedicated to its development.
    And will be until WotLK is up. I assume you can check based on the other realms, if cosmetic items would be enough.

Dota2 & LoL skins work well - I suggested it earlier but it would require new files on the user side aside from everything else.
    Edited: October 13, 2015

First ... 789101119 ... Last