1. [Old] Warforged - Horde RP-PvP Guild

Notice: This guild no longer exists as it appears in this thread. The in-game guild <Warforged> is under new management and is expected to be recycled into something different.

Setting:

Days immediately after the Dark Portal re-opens, starting The Burning Crusade.

News begins to spread through all Horde and Alliance cities about an influx of demons in the Blasted Lands following the re-opening of the Dark Portal. The powerful force lead by the doomguard Kruul was successfully repelled by efforts of the Argent Dawn and mercenary units in the area. With the Dark Portal now secured, the connection to the lost world Draenor is returned. Horde and Alliance troops mobilize at the Dark Portal with the intention of removing the Legion threat from within, once and for all.

With the world stirring over Outland, the Warforged are experiencing an increased load for work. Business as it would seem is doing well for the small mercenary group. Positive attention isn’t without some negative, however. Some groups have begun to notice the Warforged’s recent activities in the Eastern Kingdoms, but so far to no visible effect.
    Guild Information:

Warforged is a Horde role-playing player-versus-player (RP-PvP) guild on Lordaeron (3.3.5a) focusing on end-game world-PvP. In-character, the guild follows the story of the Warforged, a mercenary-type group united by their common hatred of the Alliance. Warforged intends to mimic the “progressive” expansion features of Lordaeron in-character, and it’s plot will adapt to the current time setting with the realm.

Role-play rating: Mature (intense violence and potentially “darker” subjects, i.e. torture)
    Role-play type: Military, mercenary

Recruiting information:

Warforged is and will always accept characters of any race or class. Players who wish to join us should be comfortable with PvP as the main OOC feature of the guild. IC, players should be comfortable role-playing in a “morally ambiguous” military setting.

To join, type /who Warforged and whisper anyone online. They should be able to invite you or refer you to someone who can. Alternatively, whisper Aeschere in-game.

Edited: March 9, 2016

2. Question: Do you accept groups within the Warforged society and were is you base of operations?

An example is how Orcish clans exist under the Horde.

The way I am perceiving this is you do not agree with The Horde or Thrall and have a conquest mentality.

This gives me a really great character idea- an Ambassador for Warforged. Someone who is constantly in counsel with the Chieftains of the Horde, the guy who holds what little trust we have left with them in his hands. A diplomat, and not a warrior. Someone who isn't- Warforged.

To tell the truth, this kinda operation wouldn't make much sense without such positions. You can't just be a rogue group of mercenaries and lore-wise The Horde gave up the conquest mode. The Horde would exile/imprison any group that tried to eradicate the Alliance still; as members of the Horde much heat would be pushed on Thrall for our actions. They would not agree with us. But a tolerance can be obtain.

The treaty has been broken, yes, but those are personal issues. Any PvP that happens in game at this point isnt faction based but soley your own actions. For example if a group of Orcs ravaged and raped a human settlement, Thrall does not agree with this but will still come under fire because they were Orcs. However if Defias raided a troll settlement, the Alliance wouldn't take as much heat being as they act as an individual group and don't stand out as members of an organization much.

Basically all Orcs are apart of the Horde but not all humans are apart of the Alliance. It's a double standard. And even with this group, with the succession from the Horde to form our own mercenary group , an Ambassador will be needed.

Personally I wouldn't care to take on the role but then again, I'm not even in this guild lol. But you will need that. Someone to attend meetings with Thrall to plead our case(s) considering Thrall will not take-on constant fire from the Alliance because of us.

I'm just pointing out that you can't be a rogue mercenary group. You'd have to have a way to explain how you can still freely walk around public cities and towns. Unless you had an Ambassador.

Also what crimes do you speak of? We are the ones of invades Azeroth and their cities. This is why Thrall has changed the Horde to a peaceful approach. You must speak of senseless attacks.

The groups in Alterac, Hillsbrad, Ashenvale, ect do not work under the Horde/Allaince directly. The Warsong Clan that attacks nightelves over lumber are denying direct orders not to attack unless engage. While the QueenWhatever has given the order to kill any Orcs/Trolls in Ashenvale. She gave the Order. Not King Wrynn.

In Alterac and Hillsbrad those are just fights that have continued to linger since the 3rd War. Humans eradicating the undead and The Stormpike eradicating the Orcs. Bronzebread gave the order to remove all Frostwolf Orcs from Alterac, who were only refugees their. Once again this has nothing to do with the Alliance. From a lore-standpoint the cities only united under one name for war. Outside of war, Ironforge & Darnassus are still very much their own cities with their own laws, and call their own shots.

However the Horde is not. We act under one name, The Horde. We don't have a troll army, tauren army, ect, we co-exist as one army while the allaimce still acts within their individual kingdoms and only unite under the banner of war.
    Edited: October 13, 2015

3. Thank you for the feedback.

You have to understand that lore-wise, Azeroth is really, really big. Conversely our group is tiny. When role-play begins, it will only be two or three people who are intensely bitter over a personal encounter with the Alliance, trying to recruit others to feed that hatred. That is what I was referring to when I mentioned "crimes" in the plot summary. I chose not to elaborate on it because it is need-to-know information.

It's unrealistic to think that 13 people who randomly attack an Alliance settlement will blow the two factions into all out war. Simply put, there isn't enough tension in the setting for it to come to that, regardless if that is our goal or not. Any members we amass in-game will never be enough to make any lasting impact on any Alliance town or city lore-wise.

As for the ambassador idea, I can see it being useful later down the line once we actually begin to recruit members IC, start generating conflict and make a name for ourselves in the story. However it's a title we won't be recruiting for, and likely will be given to one of the officers who has some hand in the guild's plot.

To answer your question, I'd like to say no, we won't accept members who do not identify as part of the group in-character. We want to keep things concise with the IC and OOC aspects of the guild in it's regard to PvP. To allow nonpartisan members would weaken the guild's core purpose and also it's role-play objectives.

4. Warforged is pleased to announce it’s first role-playing event. For security purposes, information about location and time will be kept within guild mediums (in-game and through Skype). This trend will likely continue for all announced events.

<Posted in Horde centers such as the Crossroads, Tarren Mill, and Grom’gol Base Camp are pamphlets advertising the following:>

The Warforged are recruiting all those loyal to the Horde who are interested in taking a more “direct approach” to recent hostilities by the Alliance, and maybe make a little gold in the process.

Prior military or combat experience preferred, but not required. Training available for those interested. Past criminal history will have no negative impact on application—and in some cases, might even help it…

For more details, forward mail to Outrider Revash or Defiler Hekth. Or, simply show up at our meeting at—

<The end of the poster was torn off.>

5. Incredibly fun 1st meet. Thank you all!

Screenies:
    http://imgur.com/a/YHekJ

There's a link to all of them on the skype. These are just the clearest without any of my addons in the way.

6. I leveled Alliance on Lordaeron. I might make a level 1 to play with you guys once in a while though. I'm thinking on a temporary/disposable character that could be used to further the stories and plots of other characters.

7. I am infact thinking of remaking my Char Horde since its my fav faction and undead as my fav race, hope you guys dont mind warlocks since its what i play the most and RP as in frostwolf

8. Of our two co-GMs, one is undead and the other is a warlock. So we are quite alright with having both things!

You may whisper/message me for more information if it would help you getting involved. We are still consolidating our current plot, so there's room for a few things.

Thanks for sharing screenshots, Suzy!
    Edited: October 19, 2015

9. Incredibly fun 1st meet. Thank you all!

Screenies:
    http://imgur.com/a/YHekJ

There's a link to all of them on the skype. These are just the clearest without any of my addons in the way.
    Was indeed. Love the screen caps. Your sky issue makes everything look more epic. :P Next week will be better, and we have a little bit of RP planned for during the upcoming week. So I think the ball is officially rolling with Warforged and we can now rightfully call ourselves an RP guild. As of right now we're still placing a higher priority on leveling. We will be dedicating more time to RP than in the previous weeks but likely still no great amount. Cheers to everyone who attended. Thanks for making this guild possible! <3

- Hekth

10. The guild's story looks promising! It could even motivate me to level and PvP a character on Lordaeron.

However, I'd like to know a few things first.

At which times in which timezones do you people usually intend to be active? I've had problems in the past where I joined guilds which looked really exciting, but I ended up not being able to RP in them due to incompatible time zones.

Also, is it required of my character to be max level before I can start RPing with the guild? ( because of the end-level PvP part).

Lok'Tar Ogar

11. The guild's story looks promising! It could even motivate me to level and PvP a character on Lordaeron.

However, I'd like to know a few things first.

At which times in which timezones do you people usually intend to be active? I've had problems in the past where I joined guilds which looked really exciting, but I ended up not being able to RP in them due to incompatible time zones.

Also, is it required of my character to be max level before I can start RPing with the guild? ( because of the end-level PvP part).

Lok'Tar Ogar
    The guild tends to be more active between 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM server time (Between the hours of 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM EDT) during the week and a few more hours in either direction on weekends. Though we usually have a handful of people on except for the earliest hours of the morning (EDT)

It is not required for you to reach max level before you begin role playing, though it is expected that everyone make some progress leveling between weekend events.

12. Folks I know I have not been as active, but this I'm gonna try to...

13. Hi. Rereading our post I feel somewhat childish for how I reacted. I chose as someone who is knowledgeable of the lore to comment and make my suggestion as it was. Regardless of who had what idea first, its a good idea and like I said it is required to make it seem more "lore-oriented". My apologizes for any problems.

14. hey i am very interested!!! still active? and ur events? how they are like?

12 Last