1. The whole topic is just wrong. I've been playing on many servers, private and retail, and i never had a problem with prices, it doesn't matter how big they were. The only people who can suffer from this - those, who doesn't want to do anything but daily quests. Any profession or even using your role (For example: tanking for gold when u do not need anything from some dungeon, but a group just can't find a tank) can bring a lot of gold to you. Wow has many ways to make gold. And if there will be something like static gold drain for nothing, i won't even think twice to leave this server, and i'm 100% sure that i'm not alone.

2. The whole topic is just wrong. I've been playing on many servers, private and retail, and i never had a problem with prices, it doesn't matter how big they were. The only people who can suffer from this - those, who doesn't want to do anything but daily quests. Any profession or even using your role (For example: tanking for gold when u do not need anything from some dungeon, but a group just can't find a tank) can bring a lot of gold to you. Wow has many ways to make gold. And if there will be something like static gold drain for nothing, i won't even think twice to leave this server, and i'm 100% sure that i'm not alone.
    Its called inflation it happens in the real world, it happens in virtual world. Only difference is that in the virtual world that arent anyway we can fight it, besides with the suggestion of this realm.

3. Gold Drain. Static (i.e. 50%) gold drain from the realm in future with an announcement at least 6 months beforehand.
    Don't see how reducing all characters gold will "help" the in-game economy. There will always be players that strive to collect gold, reducing gold amounts will more than likely not deter this, players will find ways to circumvent a gold drain and players that don't and or collect gold to enhance/upgrade their characters (mostly without the AH?) will be harmed.

Gold drain mechanics:

-Paying tax to remain neutral and avoid World PVP.(Something along the lines of making yourself PVE only char for certain amount of time for cost of gold.
    ^ I love you (just kidding) LOL ^

Spoiler: Show
    GREAT IDEA. I for one would spend gold on this. Since private servers pretty much solely have PvP realms something like this can draw in PvE players. The manner in achieving it isn't "Blizz-like" (paying gold), but the effect of being able to un-flag PvP is. I'm willing to bet PvE players will enjoy this and will draw more players to the server. Just to clarify, PvE isn't just dungeons and raids, the open world is PvE itself (mobs, elites, etc.).

If you want to keep the Eco from being ruined, I'd advise you to either ban multi-boxing or limit it in a way. The biggest downside of multi-boxing is how easily they can farm gold and seeing how you can solo dungeons such as Strat, they can make an absurd amount of it.
    And finally, please just ban multiboxers and botters. They make so much money, they ruin the economy. They are just a few players who do not make up for the ruined server economy imo.
    Really?

Multi-boxers are the reason (for the most part?) that the in-game economy gets bad? Enlighten me on exactly what a multi-boxer can do that a group of the same size can't (if not better). So a group of single players can't farm gold and or instances for items to sell on the AH? This logic is flawed and quite biased. Limiting/banning multi-boxing will effect the economy little if at all, the single-players that farm gold and instances (for some reason when a multi-boxer does it it's a problem) won't be effected and can still continue to do so therefore the "problem" isn't solved but a number of players will be inconvenienced and have their play-style highly impacted. Multi-boxing comes with obvious inherent "costs", each character has spells/skills, riding training, gear, etc. all which cost time and gold so. Multi-boxing does NOT circumvent gold spending, however many characters there are you multiply it by the "required" gold for progression. It's not like a player can buy for one character and it's free for the others. Pretty much the only thing circumvented by multi-boxing is rolling on items, even with that, only one item is dropped and a group of single-players can easily agree to run dungeons and pass everything to another player(s) (i.e. Guilds running members through lower level dungeons). Even if a multi-boxer(s) farm gold/instances (something single players can group and do), the "spoils" still have to be shared amongst all the characters. Are people upset that a multi-boxer puts forth all the effort and receives all the glory? Please don't mention PvP because there are a number of multi-boxers that put self sufficiency at the forefront of their efforts.

Example: Can't use 2 accounts at one time and can only log into Lordaeron with 1 account period. However, this would only affect Lordaeron. Or merge all accounts that 1 person uses under 1 system. (Something like Battlenet with multiple wow under same name) Then put a cap on there only affecting Lordaeron. I mean let's be real, there is no real reason to have more than 50k Gold.
    Only being able to log into 1 account on Lordaeron, why (rhetorical)? To "try" and prevent players from easily transferring gold to other characters, to prevent multi-boxing but coat it in the guise of maintaining the in-game economy? Something else? I find it amusing when players try and make suggestions on what is "best" for the majority based on incomprehensible logic and or suggest things that will effect them very little (if at all) but will highly inconvenience or pretty much ruin the game for others. You don't know what a player is funding (alternate characters, a guild, riding skills, spells/skills, gear, etc.) so stating there's no reason to have more than 50k is ridiculous.

--+-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+--

The in-game economy is it's own beast and trying to tame it by such drastic means (gold drain) will probably do more harm than good. Players often complain about prices but often do little about putting in effort to obtain mats, items, etc. by other means ("free", costing only time). Not to mention there are a number of ways to earn gold without the AH so periodically reducing gold will more than likely just bring about a flux of stockpiling circumvention and players who don't play the AH will suffer greatly. Undercutting of AH prices pretty much does the balancing of the in-game economy but when players get "greedy", blindly follow "market prices" and or don't want to gather their own mats, etc. is when the "inflation" starts. Players pin themselves down with dependency on the AH when they can easily gather their own mats and or run dungeons with Guild members or others. The price for gathered items and or crafted items that DO NOT require dungeon drops (for the most part) get out of hand when players allow it to. High priced items can easily be contested by undercutting, which leads to more undercutting, etc., etc. Price your items high and wait for them to sell or price them competitively to make them much more appealing and sell faster. The undercut for items that take me short periods of time to get is greater than items that take longer, the end result is the same though, fast selling items. I like "inflation", when the "market value" for items goes up I keep my prices around what they were when they started, I like posting items and they sell within minutes, I like receiving whispers and mail from players stating "your prices are too low", getting in where you fit in is part of the in-game economy. The "undercut kings" will rise against the "static market value tyranny".

4. To "inflate" you need to generate gold, either by quests or by drops. Transferring gold from one player to another does not generate gold. Inflation exists neither because gold stays in the banks, nor because players trade. Someone earning gold on the AH also means someone else spending gold on the AH. Trading does not "inflate".

Inflation exists because players play the game.

In order to stop inflation, you have to stop players from playing.

5. Creation of value means inflation. There's nothing wrong with any of those. If you don't want creation of value or inflation, you should often and regularly reset the server. Other measures won't work.

6. A direct gold drain will only serve to make people less interested in trading for gold, and a result further inflate the gold prices expected on transactions. If somebody gives you 100g today, and in a months time that will only be worth say 50g, then maybe you'd prefer 200g instead? Or perhaps things will go the diablo route, where the value of gold was less meaningful as well, and people started trading in commodities instead. Rather than trading for gold, rare runes were used instead.

The lottery/raffle for cosmetic items idea is pretty good since this doesn't effect the value of gold but provides a way to remove gold from the economy. The only drawback I see from this is the RNG aspect may put people off in taking part, if 10,000 tickets get sold each month and you can only 1 then why take part at all? If 10,000 people who can only afford 1 ticket decide not to take part on these grounds, you've effectively halved the amount of gold that could be removed from the economy.

Perhaps a better option would be to add special loot crates, that can contain the prizes. Your average crate contains fairly junky items like world event items (fireworks/masks/noggenfoggers/etc), but some can also include TCG items like mounts and other cosmetic items.

7. Mkay, banning multiboxers grants you gold, right?

This thread has become all about "take my neighbour's gold" rather than "give me some more of it", because begging for gold is bad. Right?

ALso, gold hoarders are not stupid, not greedy for cosplay. Cosmetic stuff for gold? Won't work.

8. Just killed a mob in northeren, he droped 3 green items....best " gold drain and reducing inflation" fix this drop rate...in outalnd yeah we maybe understood, but here as well..Most hardcore and blizzlike for sure.

9. Economy is messed up guys.
    It was before in TBC as well since in a week you could have grinded out 50k gold without problems if you noflied for a week :P Sooo people were rich before even wrath began... I dunno how fast you make gold in wotlk since i haven't got to 80 yet but we will see :)

First ... 8910