1. Gold drain and reducing inflation

Hello,

This is a preliminary post that we are currently considering two gold reduction mechanics for Lordaeron in future. Both of these mechanics are aimed at our efforts to maintain a healthy economy with reasonable gold prices in-game, on Auction House and keeping Lordaeron attractive to new players in future as well as keep realm's inevitable inflation at manageable levels.

Lottery. Expected to be a website-based lottery that would require purchasing tickets with in-game gold for a chance to win a unique cosmetic not obtainable in-game and marketplace.

Gold Drain. Static (i.e. 50%) gold drain from the realm in future with an announcement at least 6 months beforehand.

Having seen Lordaeron chat "trading 1,000 gold from Deathwing for 1 gold on Lordaeron" we intend to make sure such inflation does not happen on Lordaeron in future. Additionally Lordaeron also has an extensive logging mechanism to help us identify and track abusive measures that could potentially inject gold into the economy. Gold will not be available on marketplace either to avoid injecting any external currency into the economy.

2. I think Lotteries (and possible other, similar things) are the go-to gold drains.
    While static gold drains are an interesting approach, it`s quite circumventable and kinda feels wrong. It`s to be used as a one-of kinda last resort, usually when you`re cutting an existing realm`s (increased) gold rates.

3. Kinda hate the second since im a jew and id rather save gold then spend it.
    Well anyway anyone with economics degree will rule the AH thus the realm.

4. How about the TCG Stuff?

Make them BoP and add a Vendor in the Capital Citys. (Or add them to the Dalaran Mount/Pet Vendor)
    Like for example Spectral Tiger/Magic Rooster sell them for 200k each.
    Or some Pets like the Spectral Tiger Cub for 75k.

The Prices could even be more higher.
    Just add like a Token (Soulbound ofc) that cost 25k and you need to have 20 for a Mount (Since Goldcap cant handle 500k at once)

Maybe if they are not consider to be added in the Marketplace they could get a good use their.
    Edited: October 15, 2015

5. If you want to keep the Eco from being ruined, I'd advise you to either ban multi-boxing or limit it in a way. The biggest downside of multi-boxing is how easily they can farm gold and seeing how you can solo dungeons such as Strat, they can make an absurd amount of it.

Having a lottery sounds like it could be a good solution also.

6. Lottery is cool. Everyone loved that.
    Gold Drain. Static (i.e. 50%) gold drain from the realm in future with an announcement at least 6 months beforehand.
    This, I worry. You'd need to limit who it affects or something. People who are leveling have to put forth a fair amount of work to be able to afford their spell training and mounts. I also worry about the people who don't keep up with news. Some random dude logging in one day on his level 42 warrior to find half of his gold gone when he was so close to being able to afford 100% riding training. There's a chance the guy may just decide to quit.

I would suggest more things to buy on the website, that would effectively remove the gold invested from the realm. I have no idea what, but it seems to be the most effective way of reducing gold on the website while the player knows exactly what's happening to their gold.

7. Lottery is cool. Everyone loved that.

This, I worry. You'd need to limit who it affects or something. People who are leveling have to put forth a fair amount of work to be able to afford their spell training and mounts. I also worry about the people who don't keep up with news. Some random dude logging in one day on his level 42 warrior to find half of his gold gone when he was so close to being able to afford 100% riding training. There's a chance the guy may just decide to quit.

I would suggest more things to buy on the website, that would effectively remove the gold invested from the realm. I have no idea what, but it seems to be the most effective way of reducing gold on the website while the player knows exactly what's happening to their gold.
    Could be done with basic simple variations though, the more gold a character has the higher % of removal. But that would encourage spreading gold on multiple characters on free accounts, which is a form of abuse that wouldn't work with a static % removal.

8. Maybe Coin or even Point shop purchases that require both Coins/Points and gold?

9. Maybe Coin or even Point shop purchases that require both Coins/Points and gold?
    No point support on Lordaeron and too few coin purchases to make any positive impact (especially if gold requirement would be added).

10. Hm. Is the Point shop thing a categorical No? I mean, obviously you don`t want to add 264 items or stuff like that to it, but how about (some) companion pets that are otherwise unavailable, and would cost both Points and Gold? (Granted, limiting a Gold drain by Points doesn`t necessarily sound like a brilliant idea)

And I could imagine Coin & Gold purchases being appealing if you just get the pricing right. Like, cool stuff that you can`t get otherwise (Spectral Tigers and stuff like those), would also make them more exclusive, however I could imagine this hamstringing Lordaeron`s funding (less people would be able to buy, thus less people will buy, thus less donations).

11. Gold Drain. Static. Sound really good for me, i know a Server with it and there this works really really good.

12. Gold Drain. Static. Sound really good for me, i know a Server with it and there this works really really good.
    What server? Anyone actually play there?

13. Am I the only one to whom gold drain sounds awful? I am the kind of player that likes to hoard gold. I am literally to cheap to spend on 280% flying for my alt if I know the only time he will use it is when leveling. To put it into perspective, I like to play auction house and earn money, and now u tell me if I earned 20k you will take 10 k from me for what?
    That kinda makes me want to go to AH before the Gold Drain happens, buyout as much as I can of the crafting materials and enlsit them once the wipe is over?

14. 1.Online feature transmog.Put 1k per slot.
    16k gold.Notblizzlike in game but this way you could select anything.Works same as Evermorph addon but with everybody to see.Would be used by 95% of pop rendering drain effective.

2.Lottery for coins would be still most effective.200 coins per lottery would make drain amasing.200 coins is nothing for Warmane once or twice per month (in next 3 months.)

Promotion of Tcg items and only tcg items that are Bop once per 2 months for 10-30 k gold.Makes it ultra effective as no hatmony is ruined and they are cosmeticd.5x items per year is not
    A) point shop
    B)ruining anything
    C)only those with hard pocektswill get it
    D)rare enuff.

There is your gold drain for each type of player.

P.s

I understand and somehow feel transmog feature thoughts by Kaer thats really custom in game but if you do it online for gold and do poll I am sure you will see DESPITE 1k per slot (Insane amount of gold) positive feedbsck.
    Edited: October 15, 2015

15. 1.Online feature transmog.Put 1k per slot.
    16k gold.Notblizzlike in game but this way you could select anything.Works same as Evermorph addon but with everybody to see.Would be used by 95% of pop rendering drain effective.

2.Lottery for coins would be still most effective.200 coins per lottery would make drain amasing.200 coins is nothing for Warmane once or twice per month (in next 3 months.)

Promotion of Tcg items and only tcg items that are Bop once per 2 months for 10-30 k gold.Makes it ultra effective as no hatmony is ruined and they are cosmeticd.5x items per year is not
    A) point shop
    B)ruining anything
    C)only those with hard pocektswill get it
    D)rare enuff.

There is your gold drain for each type of player.
    1. Hopefully never ever ever ever ever.
    2. I dont support anything that has to do with items otherwise unobtainable ingame.

Kaer 50% slash is the best way, just slash it and be done with it. No lottery and no unobtainable items mixed in realm.

123 ... Last