1. In before buy entire ah for mats just not to lose gold.

And you got monopoly and complete chaos ah wise.you dont think at post side effects.you just ruined half of entire ah.congrats.

2. Another tought Kaer, beside doing 50% cut you should at the same timr cancel all auctions so the prices are reset.
    Also players will be encouraged to spend gold and not stack it.

3. Even if people do for example buy out entire Abyss Crystal mats from AH day before the reset we are playing on 7k online server that will be no problem. Plus it will give chance to new players to sell something after the eipe.

4. You dont understand how it works.You dnt think that people will start stacking mats asap from beggining of thread.
    You cannot be serious.There is more population that would be mad for this.Imagine rl.You got to give people choice how to spend gold,not force em by tyranny.Kaer knows this.Hence increased que rather then que waiting.Freedom of choice.Otherwise you always risk losing people.But you think too little ahead.Everyone matters.If people start stackkng mats now.Prices will be so low or ultra high and you got anothrr issue.And I am not talkjng bout vanilla but overall scheme.That would make things chaotic in very long run.
    Edited: October 15, 2015

5. Pere,bro , mats are not the problem. So what if i stack 2000 Abyss crystals. I spent gold on it and now i have mats, i either put them on AH again for LOWER AMMOUNT than what i bought them for or just keep them in bags rotting and i wasted gold.
    Mats are not the problem. Mats are not ruining economy.
    Even if people buy mats that dosent cause ANY ISSUE AT ALL, most of those mats will be on AH 2minutrs after reset and even better they will be resold for less gold.

6. Again you dont understand how it works.
    Nm.Experienced ah peoplr kno wut iam tslking bout.

7. I know and thats what im talkinh about. As an experienced AH player in the end ii HAVE to sell items for LESS gold due to gold cut. Now you may look at it howeber you want, that is end result plus Expirienced AH abusers vs any other AH user is like 1:1000 . They wont make a difference.
    I dont know why you are hellbent on creating issue where it dosent exist .
    Its 10000000x worse to fill realm with unobtainable items .
    The only reason why i even started playing is because Shop wouldnt ruin expirience , buy you want to give everyone TGC items , wow.

8. You still don't get it , even if I list them for lower prices I still got some gold back and I am not losing much gold. And mats will never rot in Your bags, trust me, and even if they did better to have 15 stacks of Abyss crystals then to flat out lose gold?

9. Those were suggestions They are obviously not set in stone.You are too narrow minded sometimes.You only look at one picture,I look it from all sides.Both negative and positive.No need to cause drama here.Chill out if youcannot speak normally.Go smoke or somethin ;-)

BUT let me explain simplest.

Everyone buys ah stacks etc.Gold dissapears.
    Items are kept and are sold only per need basis making it prices jump higher not lower.Average player losses while hoarders profit.Since they know inflation will happen again they keep profitin.Only some part will resell for less.And trust me not everyone farms.So you got hoarders that control things.And I am not talking bout runecloth obviously.

10. Also the way I would probably do it is send the gold Via mail to my alts and just keep it in the mailbox, when I need smth just pick it up, buy it and pass it to antoher alt/main and just keep it safe in the mailbox. That is if the drain only targets players "bag" gold

11. However you look at it EVERYONE on realm is loosing gold, the fact that you attempt to lose less gold by reselling mats for LESS gold dosent change a thing. It still helps everyone, eveyone gets to buy those same mats for less gold after the restart, that is the point.
    You have 20g ,you buy item for 10g resell it for 6-7 after. Now you have 15(not considering AH cuts) . WOW SUCH BAD THING. You still LOST the gold which is thr whole point. The fact that someone losses less gold by attemtping to resell stuff doesn't change the fact that gold drain worked. And let me be clear even if 2 guys attempt to resell , they will undercut each other, now imaggine more people attempting to resell.
    In the end example would be like this
    Start gold 20 - 10g for mats , resell for 2-3gold due to massive undercutting and you are left with 13g.
    Wow you cheated the system by 10% , but actually you helped the main cause = to drop AH pricrs.

12. And even if in the end 0.001% of people end up with more gold,99% of people are still enjoying low prices on AH .

13. Yea but the guy with 100k is losing 50k and the slacker with 1k is losing 500?
    I knew a guy on retail that on MOP never had gold for the consumables and the damn dailys gave u 200 alone if u did 10 of them

14. The whole point is not to target little man but big man.
    Their aim is guy with 100k not guy with 500g.Guy with 500g has litle to no impact but 100k guy has.Get it?Big guy still owns after wipe while lttle guy is left crying.Do you understand now or do ihave to write in crayon.?
    Give people choices to spend gold freely and you taken care of problem.
    Enforce people to your own will,they will find backdoor to bypass it.There is no perfect system.Applies to real life too.

15. Could be done with basic simple variations though, the more gold a character has the higher % of removal. But that would encourage spreading gold on multiple characters on free accounts, which is a form of abuse that wouldn't work with a static % removal.
    So why would someone who actually works for their gold have all his work taken away from him in an instant... It's hugely unfair.

Imo, even though I've been against it in the past, transmog is a good gold drain mechanic.... Yes, it wasn't in retail, but, wotlk also was the latest expansion for only 2 years, not 6...

First 1234 ... Last