1. FROST tank 2handed viable?

as title says, many dk states that frost tank can be done ONLY with dual wielding spec…. are we sure? someone can time a feedback? i would like to roll frost dk tank but dual wielding looks quite anomalous with a class that can carry a massive cleaver =)

thanks in advance!

oh and BTW the spec i was thinking about is something like that

http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#j0EM...I0hkczbuzAo0xM

2. We believe in you! Stay strong brother in death.

3. lol just asking man ok i will give it a try thanks mate!!!

4. Viable - yes. Competitive - no. Even spell power Enhancement is viable, if you know what I mean...

I'll break it down for you so you can take the decision yourself:

Back when WotLK was released DW and 2H Frost were close to each other but 2H Frost pulled ahead. The reason was because Obliterate, Frost Strike and pretty much every ability you had would deal higher damage with a 2H than with DW. The advantage that DW Frost had was that white damage was higher, but with the low ArP on early WotLK that didn't matter. DW also has another significant advantage over 2H - two weapon runes instead of one. At Ulduar they nerfed 2H Frost by changing Frost Strike - they decreased the % weapon dmg and increased the bonus damage. At ToC they added Threat of Thassarian. Threat of Thassarian absolutely nailed 2H Frost - it was already behind on white damage and now it also got behind in abilities too. There was nothing that 2H Frost could do better than DW Frost from that point on and every decent DK with basic knowledge about their class simply abandoned 2H and moved to DW.

OK, lesson's over. I think you can take the decision easily now.

P.S. I've played DKs on retail since WotLK's release until ToC came out. Then I came to Molten and continued. I was Blood while it was still OP, then respecced to 2H Frost tanking and DPS until ToT was introduced.