1. Suggestion: Disable the ability to purchase flying mounts in TBC until level 70.

As someone who leveled a character from 60-70 for the first-time during original retail TBC, I can safely say that the original experience and difficulty of Outland was inherently dependent on not being able to just swoop over everything on your flying mount from level 60+. It was first-hand witnessing all of Outland's wonders up close that created that feeling. It was exploring every inch and crevice of it on foot, and being subjected to a danger lurking behind every corner that made the original TBC leveling experience what it was.

The ability to fly at level 60 that was introduced after TBC, while convenient and serving its objective of speeding up leveling so as to allow players to get to post-TBC content quicker, might not be in the best interests of a realm that is planned to be locked in TBC for anywhere from 1-2 months (possibly more?). It completely neuters a lot of the difficulty and hardship that made going through Outland for the very first time in 2007 memorable. I firmly believe players will take away a more complete and enjoyable Outland experience if the restriction on flying was set to exactly what it was when Outland was originally introduced as a new zone.

Pros:
    - Slows down leveling so people get to level 70 less quickly, thus reducing the number of players that blitz their way to level 70, and then go rather less active, as was observed happening with a lot of players here in Vanilla.
    - It provides a leveling experience that more closely matches the experience when Outland originally came out.
    - It encourages (and even forces) world PVP, where a lot of players might have otherwise just been able to avoid a confrontation by flying over each other.

The only major downside I can think of is that the level 70 gankers are going to have a field-day flying after lowbies that have next to no hope of escaping them because they're limited to ground mounts, making the ganking scene a lot worse than it right now is in Vanilla. But hey, this happened in retail TBC too.

2. Yah, it help alot. With fly mount, you skip most of content on land.

3. Thousands of players running at the same spots with pvp enabled... that will be really hardcore

4. Please no. Having my flying already as a druid is a great part of playing the class. This is a wotlk server, regardless of if there is an enforced lvl 60 or 70 cap for a period of time. Keep things the way they were in wrath. Pvp is great when you want to pvp, but forcing it on people who couldn't care less and just want to level in peace is a crappy thing to do.

5. I disagree with this. I would like to see a poll in case the staff does in fact consider this horrible idea and implements another non-Blizzlike feature. I'm fed up.

6. World PvP is bull****, it's all about which class has the ability to CC and burst down the other class. I couldn't care less about it, at least flying gives me the ability to avoid ganking and all that stuff.
    You wanna force people to PvP? They will probably just grind levels in 5 mans instead of dealing with that nonsense...

God, I can't wait for the Northrend release, so we can forget all about the Vanilla/TBC peroid once and for all.

7. why did you not post your suggestion in the the thread that is already made for no flying?

i will simply copy paste what i wrote there

no thank you seeing what the average player behaves like i certainly would like to use a flymount so i dont serve as an imaginary penispump for the 2inch pecker of a random max lvl guy while im just starting in outland/northrend

fyi world pvp is non existant on warmane, what you call world pvp is mostly only killing ppl that are lower lvl or when its the same lvl when the opponent has 3 mobs on his *** thats not world pvp and whoever calls it that is a sad sad person.
    Edited: October 16, 2015

8. i also have suggestion - lets disable leveling at all.

since this is hardcore realm lets do all TBC content as lvl 60.

why not - it will be fun and hardcore. also it will be hardcore. did I mention it will be hardcore?

9. i also have suggestion - lets disable leveling at all.

since this is hardcore realm lets do all TBC content as lvl 60.

why not - it will be fun and hardcore. also it will be hardcore. did I mention it will be hardcore?
    Really dude ? Are you so mad because not everyone think like you ?

I really like the idea. People get a feel again for the size of the outlands.

Also it.will reduce the ganking. I can already see llots.l of alliancel groups luring around quest areas like vultures and skynuke them.

And at least only the players who have lots.of freetime can get flying directly at 60. People who has to work or not so much free time are screwed for the tbc month

10. Really dude ? Are you so mad because not everyone think like you ?

I really like the idea. People get a feel again for the size of the outlands.

Also it.will reduce the ganking. I can already see llots.l of alliancel groups luring around quest areas like vultures and skynuke them.

And at least only the players who have lots.of freetime can get flying directly at 60. People who has to work or not so much free time are screwed for the tbc month
    yes because only alliance behaves like this.

and no not only ppl with alot of free time will be able to do this, only ppl who wont be able to do this will most likely be ppl that typically ask questions like "whats best prof for my class" or "how do i make gold"

11. why to 70? was it not like 68 or something like that you got to fly in TBC? and epic at 70? Or was it just druids that got flightform earlier? or is it just my memory that play tricks on me?

12. Lol flying should be enabled... You can't have the experience you once had durning TBC in a 3.3.5 patch with wrath scaling and talents... That's just awful... If you wanna experience the things you are trying to explain is go to another server which is TBC. Would be tedious without flying.

13. This is a wotlk server, regardless of if there is an enforced lvl 60 or 70 cap for a period of time.
    A WotLK server that intends to fixate on TBC content for a given period, and which also intends to deliver a satisfying and memorable experience for the period during which the server is still locked in TBC; hence the relevance of the way things were back in TBC. Dungeon Finder is a feature of 3.3.5 clients, yet it's disabled for the time being because it wasn't a thing back when WoW was in its stages before that. This would just be applying the same logic behind the disabling of RDF to flying in Outlands, and for much the same reasons.

I disagree with this. I would like to see a poll in case the staff does in fact consider this horrible idea and implements another non-Blizzlike feature. I'm fed up.
    Polls only serve as a guide to seeing what the popular opinion is. They don't guarantee an outcome either way, and at the end of the day Warmane is still going to take the server in whichever direction they perceive to be the best for it. The Staff have stressed this numerous times.

With regard to the TBC status quo, the suggestion made is perfectly blizz-like.

fyi world pvp is non existant on warmane, what you call world pvp is mostly only killing ppl that are lower lvl or when its the same lvl when the opponent has 3 mobs on his *** thats not world pvp and whoever calls it that is a sad sad person.
    Nope, that is in fact very much world PVP indeed. And guess what? It's exactly that way on retail as well. What you're seeing happening now isn't unique to Warmane.

Lol flying should be enabled... You can't have the experience you once had durning TBC in a 3.3.5 patch with wrath scaling and talents... That's just awful... If you wanna experience the things you are trying to explain is go to another server which is TBC. Would be tedious without flying.
    Now this is just a poorly thought-out argument. The spells and talents were hardly what made the Outland leveling experience magical. It was feeling and traversing the vastness of Outland that did that. I mean, a lot of us obviously just leveled from 1-60 with WotLK talents and other features in place, yet almost every 60 I've spoken to has said the Vanilla leveling experience for them has been immensely satisfying, unique, and fun.
    Edited: October 16, 2015

123 ... Last