1. a discussion about multibox, what i think about it

hello,
    i've played other games where you was allowed to multibox by manually control each char switching through the game windows to hit, heal or buff.
    Today i saw this http://i.imgur.com/xFPhJeN.jpg an hunter with 3 more hunters in follow that was hitting at the same time.
    Now, in every game where i played a third-party software that automated the control of a char is considered a bot, how is in wow?
    I think is extremely unfair play like this, especially on a pvp server.
    there isn't still an official reply from the staff about multiboxing, what we know is most players don't want it http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....light=multibox

what do you think about it?

2. It's not a bot, it's a macro. The player still presses the buttons himself, but just controls mutiple characters with 1 keyboard simultanously.

That said, mutiboxing should still be banned imo.

3. hello,
    i've played other games where you was allowed to multibox by manually control each char switching through the game windows to hit, heal or buff.
    Today i saw this http://i.imgur.com/xFPhJeN.jpg an hunter with 3 more hunters in follow that was hitting at the same time.
    Now, in every game where i played a third-party software that automated the control of a char is considered a bot, how is in wow?
    I think is extremely unfair play like this, especially on a pvp server.
    there isn't still an official reply from the staff about multiboxing, what we know is most players don't want it http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....light=multibox

what do you think about it?
    that poll doesnt show anything 950 people voted from over 7000 the only thing this shows is that most people either simply dont care or that very few ppl use the forum. regarding multiboxing if most are against or for it it doesnt show anything of a clear answer.

multiboxing should stay allowed, if you encounter a multiboxe in a bg and you cant deal with him its your fault, heck i suck at pvp and never pvp even when attacked i simply just stand up and go grab something to drink or take a whizz but even me with such bad knowledge about pvp still know how to beat a multiboxer.
    Edited: October 16, 2015

4. that poll doesnt show anything 950 people voted from over 7000 the only thing this shows is that most people either simply dont care or that very few ppl use the forum. regarding multiboxing if most are against or for it it doesnt show anything of a clear answer.
    You are right that the poll does not give a truthful representation of opinions, as multiboxers have at least 5 accounts and most likely voted in favor for multiboxing with all their accounts.
    If any, the majority that voted against multiboxing is even larger than depicted.

multiboxing should stay allowed, if you encounter a multiboxe in a bg and you cant deal with him its your fault, heck i suck at pvp and never pvp even when attacked i simply just stand up and go grab something to drink or take a whizz but even me with such bad knowledge about pvp still know how to beat a multiboxer.
    If you cannot deal 1 vs 5, you suck? Weird logic. And then you proclaim you suck at PVP but have no problems beating a multiboxer.
    Please, elaborate on how to defeat 5-10 elemental shamans as 1 player.

5. You are right that the poll does not give a truthful representation of opinions, as multiboxers have at least 5 accounts and most likely voted in favor for multiboxing with all their accounts.
    If any, the majority that voted against multiboxing is even larger than depicted.
    are you acting stupid on purpose or are you trying to be funny ?

If you cannot deal 1 vs 5, you suck? Weird logic. And then you proclaim you suck at PVP but have no problems beating a multiboxer.
    Please, elaborate on how to defeat 5-10 elemental shamans as 1 player.
    yea because i wrote about fighting them alone and didnt mention bg in what i wrote...

6. are you acting stupid on purpose or are you trying to be funny ?.
    Why would I?
    Are you truly denying that multiboxers would not vote yes with all their accounts? I really believe that the results should be a lot more towards "ban mutiboxers" than the current results. Also, 950 votes is not bad actually. That is not a small pool of players at all.

yea because i wrote about fighting them alone and didnt mention bg in what i wrote...
    My point is still valid. How do you fight a multiboxer? Please explain it to us.

7. I think mutiboxing shouldn't be allowed.
    It was allowed in retail and should be allowed here... No difference in my opinion. Multiboxers are easy to deal with if you know how to kill them :) (Refering to bgs and not world pvp)

8. It was allowed in retail and should be allowed here... No difference in my opinion. Multiboxers are easy to deal with if you know how to kill them :) (Refering to bgs and not world pvp)
    yes in retail it was alowed. but keep in mind that in retail there was totaly different conditions. the played had to actually PAY for all his accounts. here he can make 10 free accounts and multibox. There is no way you can compare multiboxing on retail and on a FREE server.
    Blizzard actually made money out of people multiboxing. Warmane does not. make multiboxing only alloved if you actually pay on all the accounts then multiboxign would be more blizzlike.

And to all those who are against having multiboxers on the enemyteam in Bg's. Thats not the big problem if you ask me. I rather have a multiboxer on the opposite team than on my own. For an example you join AB and you have a guy playing 6 characters. then you have 6 characters that can NEVER split up. they ALL have to go to same place. Thy cant split up for defending 2 bases like 6 real players could. and thats just one example.

9. It was allowed in retail and should be allowed here... No difference in my opinion. Multiboxers are easy to deal with if you know how to kill them :) (Refering to bgs and not world pvp)
    Multiboxing was allowed on retail simply because they pay for another 4+ accounts.
    Here even when it's free the multiboxers did pay for their accounts as well might have just donated the minimal amounts to their alts, but they still helped the server.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against multiboxers it's just another person's playstyle, I'd choose to fight against a multiboxers rather than seeeing only Paladins and Warriors in BGs anyday.

10. yes in retail it was alowed. but keep in mind that in retail there was totaly different conditions. the played had to actually PAY for all his accounts. here he can make 10 free accounts and multibox. There is no way you can compare multiboxing on retail and on a FREE server.
    Blizzard actually made money out of people multiboxing. Warmane does not. make multiboxing only alloved if you actually pay on all the accounts then multiboxign would be more blizzlike.

And to all those who are against having multiboxers on the enemyteam in Bg's. Thats not the big problem if you ask me. I rather have a multiboxer on the opposite team than on my own. For an example you join AB and you have a guy playing 6 characters. then you have 6 characters that can NEVER split up. they ALL have to go to same place. Thy cant split up for defending 2 bases like 6 real players could. and thats just one example.
    I see no difference besides the pay and free playing of accounts... Perhaps it's a big difference for you but i don't see why it should not be allowed. Blizzlike is a very vauge term :P

Multiboxing was allowed on retail simply because they pay for another 4+ accounts.
    Here even when it's free the multiboxers did pay for their accounts as well might have just donated the minimal amounts to their alts, but they still helped the server.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against multiboxers it's just another person's playstyle, I'd choose to fight against a multiboxers rather than seeeing only Paladins and Warriors in BGs anyday.
    Perhaps it was that reason but if it was allowed in retail, it should be here in my opinion regardless of it's free or paying for it. Hehe dem paladins/warriors tho rekting everyone :D

11. Why would I?
    Are you truly denying that multiboxers would not vote yes with all their accounts? I really believe that the results should be a lot more towards "ban mutiboxers" than the current results. Also, 950 votes is not bad actually. That is not a small pool of players at all.
    why would you? maybe because you are claiming that when only 1 out of 7 people vote it represents what the server thinks or that its "not a small pool" thats why and its even more like 1 out of 10 ppl or even higher because 7k is peak seeing there are ppl from every timezones its more than 7k unique players. so no this poll does not represent the servers attitude towards multiboxing.

My point is still valid. How do you fight a multiboxer? Please explain it to us.
    why should i ? i know what now comes some bla bla that i dont know myself, if it makes you happy to believe/write this go ahead whatever makes you happy, but heres a pointer for you on this very forum already ppl wrote that its easy as cake to win against them in bg you just have to do what a mmo was made for.
    Edited: October 16, 2015

12. Here they go again.. :) Just need staff to put an end to these endless discussions with a decision.

13. I see no difference besides the pay and free playing of accounts... Perhaps it's a big difference for you but i don't see why it should not be allowed. Blizzlike is a very vauge term :P
    Well for players encountering multiboxers its no difference. but for otherwise its a huge difference. Warmane does not make money from people multiboxing. while blizzard did. For people multiboxing its a HUGE difference, insted of having to pay a monthy fee for 5 different accounts they can do it for free.
    And if i remember right blizzard was a little iffy about m ultiboxing to begin with but one of the reasons they allowed it was that people did pay and they earned more money.

I dont really care if they ban it or allow it. It does not botter me to much. But the argument that they should allow it because its blizz like is not valid in my oppinion as you can do it for free here. no difference at all than if you play just one. while in retail it did actually cost more if you did multiboxing.
    yeah its free to play here over all. you dont have to pay if you play one char. But it does not get more expensive to play multiple ones as it did in retail.

My sugestion is to allow multiboxing. but only if you donated on all the accounts or ban it all together. But honestly its no big deal for me. so i dont care too much about what they decide to do

14. As multiboxer ,and normal player i have no issue against it.I am helping my fellow guildies with everything i can.I also donate as much as possible to Warmane as funds allow me.

Also pvp wise ,trust me 5 players have advantage over me.5 players with brain in bg.
    And world pvp is never balanced,many times i killed people inteniionally trying to kill me to prove their worth.Then tjhey bring 8 people and i die.

But one thing is sure,i will donate on my multiboxing accounts.To support Warmane even further (all together they have donated rougghly 2500 usd).
    So yeah,many of us support Warmane regardless.And we find multiboxing normal,it is not disrupting anthing.Among 7k there are like 10 multiboxers.How many will reach 80?Not many.Unless you play 24/7-

So yeah.Have fun.It is gamemade for fun.And id gladly pay monthly fee to Warmane even if hidden by "donations".

To me vision is that matters,not even Kaer,not even all staff.Not in a way that if i have quarrel or i dont like someone i dislike automaticlly Warmane/Molten.
    This legacy is what matters,how Kaer envisionined it.And i hope it stays here for years to come where i can chillax and relax when i want fun times.

Thats Warmane matters,the legacy it brings to many others like me.And Blizzlike feeling.With all perks and bad sides.as i plaed retail for 7 years.This is purely the closest i have felt.
    Keep it up you "Crew" :)

123 ... Last