1. It was allowed in retail and should be allowed here... No difference in my opinion. Multiboxers are easy to deal with if you know how to kill them :) (Refering to bgs and not world pvp)

And retail = Warmane?
    Retail = Private server?

Nice logic
    Ignorant bastards that simply have no clue that private servers work totally different from retail, but if someone says something they are like "NOT BLIZZLIKE SO NO", lol why I even bother...

2. And retail = Warmane?
    Retail = Private server?

Nice logic
    Ignorant bastards that simply have no clue that private servers work totally different from retail, but if someone says something they are like "NOT BLIZZLIKE SO NO", lol why I even bother...
    Lol people who cry about Blizzlike is ''copying'' the experience retail had or something along those lines.... If you wanna copy ALL of it, it's a blizzclone. It's two different things.... I am not ignorant cause multiboxing has always been allowed on Molten (as it was named before the moltdown) and Warmane. Would not make sense to make it not available now? What has changed? If not you are ignorant for not looking up information yourself. At least i am informed and you are not :)

3. No offense but if multiboxing is allowed then disable/dont enable that gold static drain too - multiboxers kill NPCs faster, thus can farm faster stuffs and income than a single player (also get x5 the rewards from quests) ... dont forget they can also level several toons at the same time, whereas we have level one toon by another.

If you want to make the economy more fair in future, then how multiboxing is legal?

I dont mind them at PVP, because im used to it already - but then you dont even consider the other side of PVP (in this case PVE and the AH--gold-economy), but still argue about adding a static gold drain, which affects players (who only use one account) more than multiboxers @Mods
    Edited: October 16, 2015

4. why would you? maybe because you are claiming that when only 1 out of 7 people vote it represents what the server thinks or that its "not a small pool" thats why and its even more like 1 out of 10 ppl or even higher because 7k is peak seeing there are ppl from every timezones its more than 7k unique players. so no this poll does not represent the servers attitude towards multiboxing.
    you think of polls as a five year old they DO NOT have to have everyone pariticipating...professional companies make polls in a ratio of 1:1000 or even more, and they show the public opinion accurately, thus 1:7-10 is pretty insane...so yea it is pretty representative...

5. I dont even know if you are so ******ed or what.

I have met ONE multiboxer.

You guys make it look like there is 300 multiboxers online.

7000 players, 1 multiboxer, oh no HE IS GOING TO RUIN THE ECONOMY

Maybe you are forgeting that if he has 5 characters he also need to spend 5x more gold, but wait you are retar.ded so why do I expect logical arguments.

6. In nearly every topic i get insulted (the N-word, ******ed, gay etc) although i never insulted anyone direct, yet the mod always mention the community is friendly and muting me instead of the insulters. Probably because i usually hit a point all the time when i write something

Who says that a multiboxer spends all his gold on all his toons, instead of one? Even if they dont allow multiboxing now or in the future, the player still has/had a huge advantage over other players - soloing dungeons for example. There was even a multiboxer at retail who soloed raids alone with 36 toons

5 times the cost is true, but what cost? Riding/training cost, repair cost? If i can farm stuffs 5 times faster than other players (well even more faster, up to 36 times), then those costs are nothing compared to the income advantage those multiboxers got
    Edited: October 16, 2015

7. No offense but if multiboxing is allowed then disable/dont enable that gold static drain too - multiboxers kill NPCs faster, thus can farm faster stuffs and income than a single player (also get x5 the rewards from quests) ... dont forget they can also level several toons at the same time, whereas we have level one toon by another.

If you want to make the economy more fair in future, then how multiboxing is legal?

I dont mind them at PVP, because im used to it already - but then you dont even consider the other side of PVP (in this case PVE and the AH--gold-economy), but still argue about adding a static gold drain, which affects players (who only use one account) more than multiboxers @Mods
    No offense taken. Multiboxers, like any party of five toons, can kill NPCs faster but they also have to split the same amount of gold/loot between them and each receive less XP per kill. Each one of them has to has to be geared separately and pay for their own spells/skills/taxis. Very often *quest items* can be looted by all of them but that's the same for any group of people... and that's not a bad thing because any party of five on a quest doesn't always have to clear out mobs in a quest area more than any other toon on the same quest. Making a group larger than 5 requires going raid and you can't get normal quest credit when in a raid group so leveling isn't practical with more than five at a time.

I mean...literally every game dynamic that applies to any group of toons is the same no matter how many human brains are behind them. The game engine just doesn't know or care.

8. Hello i dont disagree with you all but ... there might be some disadvantages too for multiboxers, and of course advantages - but if we consider the advantages alone how they can do an impact at the end content, an example

Lets assume i am a multiboxer at 80 and use several toons at the same time and everyone is geared after a long painful grind (if we consider the disadvantages too now)- because everyone is finally geared, got his training, riding skills etc i decide to farm dungeons and/or raids with my toons and decide that i only focus on a single toon (my main toon) in future. Thus my main toon gets all the item and gold now in future, and the other mulitboxed-toons costs will be only the repair costs

Everything will be splitted though, but you forget also one fact - that still all toons/loots belongs to him/her (!), compared to random players who raid or going to dungeons with other people - for example a rare mount drops within a raid/dungeon, yet 40 or 5 different people has to roll for it and only 1 gets it - as multiboxer i can decide that my main toon gets everything due that

9. hello i'm the op, thx for all the replies now i've a more clear idea about multiboxing.
    anyway you are speaking about how easy is to deal with it in bgs against, but what if you get the multiboxer in your team, maybe making you lose bgs?
    plus they can make the queues longer for real players.
    i think in open world can be a problem getting hit by 5 chars at the same time if you are alone.
    i don't know if there are other problems pve side regarding the economy of the server ect.
    i still think control 4 more chars at the same time is not the right way to use it, so the solutions i see are:
    1) the more drastic, forbid it
    2) limit it to 2 clients for pc with hwid control, so the ppl that share the same ip don't have problems (the most "nerds" will use 2 pcs i know but w/e)
    3)allow it through donations, so at least we can be thankful to multiboxers to help the server running.

what do you think about these possible solutions?

10. It was allowed in retail and should be allowed here... No difference in my opinion. Multiboxers are easy to deal with if you know how to kill them :) (Refering to bgs and not world pvp)
    and another ***** who relates this with retail. i feel sorry for your IQ, if it even exists. anyway, WHY was multiboxing allowed on retail? well, if you knew the answer, you wouldn't be connecting retail with this, as in order to play on blizzard servers you need to pay a subscription money for each month you play. here, you don't have pay a single thing in order to create an account, download the client and play on any realm and for how long you want. lordaeron already has a ridiculous population and even over the cap during weekends.

let's make an extreme example: let's say one person decides to make 7000 accounts and characters and play on retail. he would have to pay 91000 USD a month. let's now say the same person wants to play here, he doesn't have to pay anything and he alone can take the whole server for itself, forcing other 7000 players to wait in queue until he decides to log out, whereas without that botting program, he wouldn't be able to keep all his characters active before the server disconnects him for inactivity.
    i'm well aware that no one can have 7k accounts and even if one could, the server wouldn't hold it, this example was just to illustrate the point that every single player slot in this matter is important. even more so as there are no premium account queue skips and people would rather play than stay in the queue.

for that reason, and the pvp one, multiboxing SHOULD NOT be in this game, disregarding how it is on blizzard servers.

11. and another ***** who relates this with retail. i feel sorry for your IQ, if it even exists. anyway, WHY was multiboxing allowed on retail? well, if you knew the answer, you wouldn't be connecting retail with this, as in order to play on blizzard servers you need to pay a subscription money for each month you play. here, you don't have pay a single thing in order to create an account, download the client and play on any realm and for how long you want. lordaeron already has a ridiculous population and even over the cap during weekends.

let's make an extreme example: let's say one person decides to make 7000 accounts and characters and play on retail. he would have to pay 91000 USD a month. let's now say the same person wants to play here, he doesn't have to pay anything and he alone can take the whole server for itself, forcing other 7000 players to wait in queue until he decides to log out, whereas without that botting program, he wouldn't be able to keep all his characters active before the server disconnects him for inactivity.
    i'm well aware that no one can have 7k accounts and even if one could, the server wouldn't hold it, this example was just to illustrate the point that every single player slot in this matter is important. even more so as there are no premium account queue skips and people would rather play than stay in the queue.

for that reason, and the pvp one, multiboxing SHOULD NOT be in this game, disregarding how it is on blizzard servers.
    Hehe you are overexatuarting... You should calm down man! The policy about multiboxing has been the same on this server for ages! I doubt it will change :) Besdies who has the pc to run over like 15+ chars? Like 0.0001%? Much effective just to launch a DDOS attack? I love this population and i hope it grows even more :D

12. Hehe you are overexatuarting... You should calm down man! The policy about multiboxing has been the same on this server for ages! I doubt it will change :) Besdies who has the pc to run over like 15+ chars? Like 0.0001%? Much effective just to launch a DDOS attack? I love this population and i hope it grows even more :D
    Actually most people do have the machines to MB over 15 chars, it's actually not that impactful when you set all the screen except for the main to 10fps and lowest settings. It's a hassle though and I personally cannot be bothered :p

That said I don't think it's fair to equate multiboxing and DDoS'ing, one is a play style that some people don't agree with but the other is a harmful and aimed attack at *everybody*.

Love this population too, I'm sure it'll keep growing tbh the way Lord has turned out!

13. i'm well aware that no one can have 7k accounts
    sure you can, the biggest trouble is creating them
    you'd log those accounts with an emulated wow client that takes only a small fraction of the memory/processing footprint of a real wowclient, and you probably wouldn't even need some superior hardware to run 7k instances of that

edit for opinion on multiboxing: forbid it, it's unfair for players who control a single character in open world, it allows for automated farming, it's arguably botting (****, people got bans on retail for PROGRAMMABLE KEYBOARDS!, multiboxing got allowed because money)

14. sure you can, the biggest trouble is creating them
    you'd log those accounts with an emulated wow client that takes only a small fraction of the memory/processing footprint of a real wowclient, and you probably wouldn't even need some superior hardware to run 7k instances of that
    You wouldn't, because you know. Sentinel?

edit for opinion on multiboxing: forbid it, it's unfair for players who control a single character in open world, it allows for automated farming, it's arguably botting (****, people got bans on retail for PROGRAMMABLE KEYBOARDS!, multiboxing got allowed because money)
    Tell me, how using 48+ keys for controlling 5 toons is automated? Nobody banned noone for programmable keyboards. Get your facts straight. I've got one of those, Razer DeathStalker Ultimate. Still playing on retail with no bans to date for having and using a keyboard like this. Also got a Razer Naga, should I get banned for a programmable mouse? Damn. Dense as always.

Those "strong" arguments are getting out of hand.

15. sure you can, the biggest trouble is creating them

Emulated WoW client that takes no memory? What scifi tinfoil hat universe do you exist in? At best ISBoxer limits framerate per window and streamlines the process, but clients still take resources.

NOBODY got banned for programmable keyboards. In fact you can buy WoW themed macro programmable mice AND keyboards. Your example of 7k clients is so not grounded in real world anything, that its not even a viable analogy.

5 friends can group, and rape mobs. They split XP/Money/Drops. They all have to buy skills, gear, food, mounts etc etc. Should you exclude them for working together?

5 Boxed players can group, and rape mobs. They split XP/Money/Drops. They all have to buy skills, gear, food, mounts etc etc. Should you exclude them for working together?

And fyi. You have 0 idea how f*cking insanely hard it is to lvl on 1x with 5, much less 10 or 20 that you guys seem to fear. I have literally seen 2 boxer teams since release. Get over it.

First 1234 ... Last