1. Because 33% dmg reduction would solve nothing and any effective solution would require a great deal of effort and probably never work particularly well anyway.... twinking is about gear whoring and luls, not balance of any sort (kinda like the rest of the game except some 3s arenas.. where gear whoring has a huge impact anyway xD)

Even in early wotlk things will be very un-retail like with 3.3.5a tweaks and changes, while the gear is not 3.3.5a gear... and when it is 3.3.5a gear and people have "perfect" gear it will be unbalanced again since blizz never balanced pvp around "perfect end of wotlk gear".

The only thing that will be close to balanced is 3s in s7 and the first s8... which will also be unbalanced according to people who are lucky enough to get the unbalanced trinkets.

If you want to make BGs enjoyable you need to reduce max damage crits.
    Because this would obviously solve everything!

If you want true balance and serious pvp, do not play an MMO, pick up the most famous oldschool arena shooter there is and go duel; where everything is always equal except the abilities of the players and the only RNG comes from spawn positions at the start of the game which have been balanced extremely well in competitive maps and show no statistically meaningful correlation with win or loss amongst the top players. Oh, and prepare to be raped a lot for at least your first 2 years because you will have no idea what the "hackers" (actually very weak but competent players) are doing, thinking or where they are or how they know where you are, you probably won't even understand why you really died or how they hit so much LG and Rail (must be hacks!), you will probably also fail to wonder why it is that better players repeatedly hit you with what you call "spam" and almost never get hit by your actual spam.
    Edited: October 21, 2015

2. If you want true balance and serious pvp, do not play an MMO, pick up the most famous oldschool arena shooter there is and go duel; where everything is always equal except the abilities of the players and the only RNG comes from spawn positions at the start of the game which have been balanced extremely well in competitive maps and show no statistically meaningful correlation with win or loss amongst the top players. Oh, and prepare to be raped a lot for at least your first 2 years because you will have no idea what the "hackers" (actually very weak but competent players) are doing, thinking or where they are or how they know where you are, you probably won't even understand why you really died or how they hit so much LG and Rail (must be hacks!), you will probably also fail to wonder why it is that better players repeatedly hit you with what you call "spam" and almost never get hit by your actual spam.
    In short, go play Quake 3 Arena. ^^
    Except the cheater talk, Q3A is godmode PvP game, it can't get better than that.

3. Because this would obviously solve everything!
    he did not say that or meant it in any way, he clearly said it's the 1-2 shoting that are ruining pvp fun not the class balance, the damage reduction would simply make fights last longer

If you want true balance and serious pvp, do not play an MMO
    he didnt say he wants true balance or serious pvp, his idea is to only to reduce 1 shots
    Edited: October 22, 2015

4. he did not say that or meant it in any way, he clearly said it's the 1-2 shoting that are ruining pvp fun not the class balance, the damage reduction would simply make fights last longer

he didnt say he wants true balance or serious pvp, his idea is to only to reduce 1 shots
    don't bother dude, people here are too narrow minded to understand anything and i realized that in my previous post. for them everything is binary and i feel bad that those with above average IQ's have already given up on forums as they realized there's no point in lowering themselves to their level. if you suggest something like that 33% dmg reduction, they'll simply tell you: "like that will solve anything..." and if you add as an argument that it's already a proven system on another server, they'll simply reply: "then go play there", when you elaborate that you want to reduce 1shots, they follow with: "if you want perfect balance, then don't play MMO's" and things like that and it's really sad that so many dumb people have the ability to reproduce too... the natural selection has long failed us and there's nothing we can do about it.

5. To be honest putting a ''scripted'' thing for 33% reduction and then remove it as TBC/Wrath launch is just a waste of dev time imo... Also it could cause pretty bad errors into calculations with spells and what not... Clearly not worth it imo.

6. To be honest putting a ''scripted'' thing for 33% reduction and then remove it as TBC/Wrath launch is just a waste of dev time imo... Also it could cause pretty bad errors into calculations with spells and what not... Clearly not worth it imo.
    since 1 shots will continue in tbc and well into wotlk it wouldnt be a waste of time imo

7. since 1 shots will continue in tbc and well into wotlk it wouldnt be a waste of time imo
    Well how do you propose you implement something like a 33% reduce into the game?

8. i laugh overtime i see ppl complain on twink pvp... ow about wait to 80 to step into bg and meanwhile, instead of cry for gear, run some dungeon and raids of old content? is very stupid complain about pvp opens of some classes considering we are in WOTLK and no VANILLA wow... stop whine and do raid instead. Pvp was never balanced and never will be!

9. Well how do you propose you implement something like a 33% reduce into the game?
    they can make this apply only in bgs, i am not a dev but i've seen this implemented elsewhere

EDIT: nvm
    Edited: October 25, 2015

10. i laugh overtime i see ppl complain on twink pvp... ow about wait to 80 to step into bg and meanwhile, instead of cry for gear, run some dungeon and raids of old content? is very stupid complain about pvp opens of some classes considering we are in WOTLK and no VANILLA wow... stop whine and do raid instead. Pvp was never balanced and never will be!
    /facepalm it's not about balance you moron it's about reducing 1 shots and making fights longer sigh i prob should have followed Luminar's advice

11. Now, given that I haven't actually played Warmane properly, let alone reached L60 yet so you do not have to take my knowledge into any sort of consideration however, if you take a L80 Core and just plop a L60 cap on without editing a large selection of scripts you're gonna have a bad time, due to the nature of things like the scaling of abilities. Melee will always be the dogsB because casters are pmuch always weak early and strong late so by putting a L60/L70 cap you're preventing the casters from reaching peak, therefore no balance and melee 1 shot.

or some ****

12. 70 will be slightly better with resi and gems, but some classes will still be missing some important spells you get at 80 like sacred shield for holy paladins for example.

The people dying "too fast" thing will keep happening at 80 too, people seem to forget, or dont know... how fast people die in wotlk once they get their hands on some ICC HC gear.

13. Well how do you propose you implement something like a 33% reduce into the game?
    by changing base resilience from 0% to 33%. it's not that hard to figure out, really...

14. by changing base resilience from 0% to 33%. it's not that hard to figure out, really...
    Yeah because that's really easy to do without something else with formulas and damage calculations going wrong right? It's not a on and off switch :P

15. Yeah because that's really easy to do without something else with formulas and damage calculations going wrong right? It's not a on and off switch :P
    i am pretty sure (atleast i heard so) Malaco implemented something similar back then on Arena-Tournament, which is still running on Blackrock, so it could just get copied over or atleast the old AT statt knows how to handle it. so it would be actually that easy.. could have been great for like 5 or 6 weeks of playing on 60, but now with like 2 weeks left.. whatever

First 12