1. I'm by far not a PvP player and 'PvE' MMOs suck. World PvP is pretty much nonexistant anyways so you'll only have trouble with the enemy faction while leveling and maybe daily quests after reaching level cap.

2. I'm by far not a PvP player and 'PvE' MMOs suck. World PvP is pretty much nonexistant anyways so you'll only have trouble with the enemy faction while leveling and maybe daily quests after reaching level cap.
    Considering WoW is mostly PvE, and Normal Realms still have PvP (world pvp just being optional is the only downside)

3. People also forget the fact that you can lvl in a PvE realm and once you are content or reach max level you can TRANSFER to a PvP one.

So all in all you had the pleasure of lvling in peace while enjoying the world pvp at end lvl when you transferred.

4. Ok, time to clean up the bull sheet and mis-information.

1.) On average Wow Players prefer PvE over PvP. It is slightly towards PvP for EU, but average US/EU it is typically between 55% and 60% PvE favor. Well documented live info on retail tracking sites.
    2.) There are almost no true PvE private servers, which would mean approximately 55% of ALL PLAYERS ON ALL PRIVATE SEVERS IN THE UNIVERSE prefer PvE and are forced to play PvP server.
    3.) In our case, we do not have a REAL PvP server here. Because on a REAL PvP server EVERYONE WHO IS ON THE SERVER CHOSE TO BE ON A PvP SERVER (because they had a PvE alternative). Since we have no PvE option, we do not have PvP servers, we have "sheep" servers. Meaning, punks and wimps love private PvP servers because over half of the players do not engage, just stand there in world PvP. On a REAL PvP server, everyone you encounter in world pvp has chosen the world PvP experience.
    4.) Communities on "sheep" servers suffer. Because we attract wimps, punks, and players with no-pvp skill. Administration is telling 55-60% of its players to just put up with being harassed. Nice customer service huh?
    5.) Battlegrounds/Arena are just as populated on PvE servers, and suprisingly world PvP is more fun on a PvE server. The reason is EVERYONE who is participating in the world PvP is ready and engaged. On retail, of all the PvE and PvP servers I played, the world PvP was WAY better on the PvE servers. We had some epic huge battles.

The fact remains, if we gave a PvE option here it would potentially bring in tens (or hundreds) of thousands of players. Since this option would make the majority of players have a GREATLY improved experience, my best guess is staff doesn't want to do this because they are afraid they'd never be able to handle the enourmous influx of players.

That theory aside: the best way to offer PvE option would NOT be to open a PvE only server. The best way would be to offer a premium PvE flag option on ALL of our servers. One time donation per account of $20 worth of coins you can buy an account wide PvE toggle. That allows donators to simply toggle the PvP off or on as on retail PvE server. It would bring in tens of thousands of donation dollars, they'd be able to hire so many devs that all servers would be nearly bug free in a short period of time. Everyone would benefit. No populations would be split, and all servers would be full with a waiting list to create new accounts. No downside.

5. That theory aside: the best way to offer PvE option would NOT be to open a PvE only server. The best way would be to offer a premium PvE flag option on ALL of our servers. One time donation per account of $20 worth of coins you can buy an account wide PvE toggle. That allows donators to simply toggle the PvP off or on as on retail PvE server. It would bring in tens of thousands of donation dollars, they'd be able to hire so many devs that all servers would be nearly bug free in a short period of time. Everyone would benefit. No populations would be split, and all servers would be full with a waiting list to create new accounts. No downside.
    I honestly don't know if it is even plausible to have something like that be a toggle for those who donate without screwing it up.

6. Ok, time to clean up the bull sheet and mis-information.

1.) On average Wow Players prefer PvE over PvP. It is slightly towards PvP for EU, but average US/EU it is typically between 55% and 60% PvE favor. Well documented live info on retail tracking sites.
    2.) There are almost no true PvE private servers, which would mean approximately 55% of ALL PLAYERS ON ALL PRIVATE SEVERS IN THE UNIVERSE prefer PvE and are forced to play PvP server.
    3.) In our case, we do not have a REAL PvP server here. Because on a REAL PvP server EVERYONE WHO IS ON THE SERVER CHOSE TO BE ON A PvP SERVER (because they had a PvE alternative). Since we have no PvE option, we do not have PvP servers, we have "sheep" servers. Meaning, punks and wimps love private PvP servers because over half of the players do not engage, just stand there in world PvP. On a REAL PvP server, everyone you encounter in world pvp has chosen the world PvP experience.
    4.) Communities on "sheep" servers suffer. Because we attract wimps, punks, and players with no-pvp skill. Administration is telling 55-60% of its players to just put up with being harassed. Nice customer service huh?
    5.) Battlegrounds/Arena are just as populated on PvE servers, and suprisingly world PvP is more fun on a PvE server. The reason is EVERYONE who is participating in the world PvP is ready and engaged. On retail, of all the PvE and PvP servers I played, the world PvP was WAY better on the PvE servers. We had some epic huge battles.

The fact remains, if we gave a PvE option here it would potentially bring in tens (or hundreds) of thousands of players. Since this option would make the majority of players have a GREATLY improved experience, my best guess is staff doesn't want to do this because they are afraid they'd never be able to handle the enourmous influx of players.

That theory aside: the best way to offer PvE option would NOT be to open a PvE only server. The best way would be to offer a premium PvE flag option on ALL of our servers. One time donation per account of $20 worth of coins you can buy an account wide PvE toggle. That allows donators to simply toggle the PvP off or on as on retail PvE server. It would bring in tens of thousands of donation dollars, they'd be able to hire so many devs that all servers would be nearly bug free in a short period of time. Everyone would benefit. No populations would be split, and all servers would be full with a waiting list to create new accounts. No downside.

u think its fair if molten would change the server to pve after all those years?did u ever thought about all those pvp players out there?
    on nelth u have weekly city raids and alot of fun with open world pvp, u would take this away just because few people get ganked?
    and btw your point 5 is just not true at all...

in my opinion realms that were pvp over the last years should stay pvp, if molten opens a new server and its pve i think no1 would have a problem with that because u choose to play there ! (like all the players who got ganked choosed to play on pvp realms 2 , there are alot of pve private server out there so dont say u didnt have options)

to all the people complaining about gangers just go offline for 10 minutes and the person who ganked u will be away most of the times ..so i dont see a problem there at all

7. Always a thread like this when someone can't level LMAO.

8. That theory aside: the best way to offer PvE option would NOT be to open a PvE only server. The best way would be to offer a premium PvE flag option on ALL of our servers. One time donation per account of $20 worth of coins you can buy an account wide PvE toggle. That allows donators to simply toggle the PvP off or on as on retail PvE server. It would bring in tens of thousands of donation dollars, they'd be able to hire so many devs that all servers would be nearly bug free in a short period of time. Everyone would benefit. No populations would be split, and all servers would be full with a waiting list to create new accounts. No downside.
    I haven't donated for anything yet, and this would make me donate. Can I level in peace and toggle PvE? Yep, I'd pay for that.

9. Well, normally I would reccomend leveling in different place, but knowing Lordaeron is 1x realm and has like 7000 population that won't work.
    You may try leveling by dungeon finder, while doing low lvl quests, o maybe get a leveling group.
    If you quest in groups you have higher chance of defeating the enemy faction.

Anyway I don't reccomend:

Stranglethorn Vale

Hellfire Peninsula

Duskwood (for Alliance)

A lot of gankers tend to flock to those places, at least in Cataclysm and Pandaria.

10. That theory aside: the best way to offer PvE option would NOT be to open a PvE only server. The best way would be to offer a premium PvE flag option on ALL of our servers. One time donation per account of $20 worth of coins you can buy an account wide PvE toggle. That allows donators to simply toggle the PvP off or on as on retail PvE server. It would bring in tens of thousands of donation dollars, they'd be able to hire so many devs that all servers would be nearly bug free in a short period of time. Everyone would benefit. No populations would be split, and all servers would be full with a waiting list to create new accounts. No downside.
    never in a million years did i think i'd ever agree with you on this subject, but i actually like this idea.

11. So, after the vote point overhaul has been done and forced us all to go farming for achievements now, after that's been said and done, i thought "Hey, maybe it'd be a nice time to get back to lordaeron and keep leveling my 21 priest now!" Login... Get killed by 2 alliance level 27. Release, walk back to my corpse. Re-buff myself, re-apply consumables, drink back mana.. okay i'm ready! ... Those guys are jumping me again before i get a chance to even run away.
    Release, walk back, wait... nobody looks to be around... Ressurect. Re-Re-buff, Re-Re-heal... Now there's a 30-some paladin & druid going right for me.

I Alt-F4.

So here's my question. Why is it that every single warmane server is world PVP?
    Surely i can't be the only person that hates PVP with a fiery passion, and wants to level in peace?

What is the reasoning for not having a PVE server?
    It might just be a Warmane thing, I don't know for sure, but if there was any other single reason I'd have to guess they just don't wanna split the population and it's one of those things that are, "you're better to have, then have not".

It might just be easier on their work load to have just PvP servers then both. If a server starts to go belly up, it's better to have just one type of server over all then it is to have two types of servers and tell all PvP'ers to go play on a PvE server, or vice versa and it was easier to default to just having pvp servers as they are more in the true spirit of the game.

12. the best way to offer PvE option would NOT be to open a PvE only server. The best way would be to offer a premium PvE flag option on ALL of our servers. One time donation per account of $20 worth of coins you can buy an account wide PvE toggle. That allows donators to simply toggle the PvP off or on as on retail PvE server. It would bring in tens of thousands of donation dollars, they'd be able to hire so many devs that all servers would be nearly bug free in a short period of time. Everyone would benefit. No populations would be split, and all servers would be full with a waiting list to create new accounts. No downside.
    1. Would this be "Blizz like"?

2. How easy from a programing PoV would this be to implement?

13. That theory aside: the best way to offer PvE option would NOT be to open a PvE only server. The best way would be to offer a premium PvE flag option on ALL of our servers. One time donation per account of $20 worth of coins you can buy an account wide PvE toggle. That allows donators to simply toggle the PvP off or on as on retail PvE server. It would bring in tens of thousands of donation dollars, they'd be able to hire so many devs that all servers would be nearly bug free in a short period of time. Everyone would benefit. No populations would be split, and all servers would be full with a waiting list to create new accounts. No downside.
    This is by far the best suggestion I've seen on this forum.
    Gear, mounts and queue skipping are not worth they money, but the ability to disable this ******ed "world PvP" for good... I would ****ing pay for that, dear god, that would save me so much time and nerves.

Sadly they won't implement it, PvP fags would get mad, if they weren't able to attack and one shoot anyone they want.
    Edited: October 21, 2015

14. I love pvp when I'm pvp'ing- battlegrounds, arena, etc. But I hate it when I'm leveling. I have no desire to gank anyone or get ganked. That's the one thing I really dislike about Lordaeron, so I would welcome any option to avoid it. Having said that, I'll take my ganking lumps if need be- I realize it's part of the game.

15. 1. Would this be "Blizz like"?

2. How easy from a programing PoV would this be to implement?
    1.) Offering a PvP toggle flag would be blizlike yes. Warmane is massively away from blizlike currently because there is not an option for it here.
    2.) I cannot answer this specifically. I've personally administrated dozens of game servers, and am a highly skilled veteran developer, but I do not have access to the current core/lib here to play with. But from what I know, this type of change would probably need seasoned veterans familiar with core changes to make this type of feature addition a bug-free seamless one. That being said, it shouldn't be hard.

This is by far the best suggestion I've seen on this forum.
    Gear, mounts and queue skipping are not worth they money, but the ability to disable this ******ed "world PvP" for good... I would ****ing pay for that, dear god, that would save me so much time and nerves.

Sadly they won't implement it, PvP fags would get mad, if they weren't able to attack and one shoot anyone they want.
    Many PvP server oriented players will see the value in this. They will still have pleanty of world PvP and the no-skill chump ones will still have sheep to kill. The difference will be currently the no-skill chumps currently have a goal of ruining our community. Their goal is to kill people until they quit the server. But under the proposed change the chumps instead will be helping the server, because instead of rage-quitting the sheep will choose to donate to the server for the flag. And ALL players will benefit by the enormous developer team that could be hired with the huge windfall of income from it. And the few completely worthless no-skill morons that simply cannot play a game unless they are able to insta-kill on 1 sided fights and make people rage-quit: thats a very small number of people that would leave the game, replaced by thousands of higher quality players. Our community would be purged of the blight and replaced with huge numbers of worthwhile players.

First 123412 ... Last