1. Not in a single zone,it receives any dmg % increase 2 times.For example if you proc your 4pT10(3% extra dmg) it will get 6.Icc buff isn't 30,it's 60 for frost strike.BQL's bite gives 200 instead of 100 for frost strike.And while this does promote str play,str is still behind arp in pmuch every aspect.
    Last time I checked FS wasn`t dipping for the full amount.
    It was something weird like half of it or so. Maybe it`s related to Armor?

2. Got it, so my first priority as non-unholy dps (after hit/expertise) is to get as close to 1400 arpen as possible!
    Yes. Regarding Blood Gorged - it's bugged in a way that instead of giving you 10% ArPen it gives you 10% armor reduction like Sunder Armor/Faerie Fire. If it worked correctly, you'd need 90% ArPen, but on Warmane you still need 100%.

What the other guy was trying to say was that ArPen's value increases the more you have from the stat, meaning that if you can get capped or near-capped, then go for ArP, but if you don't have the gear yet, no ArP trinket and not capable of even soft-cap, then you should stick with Str and maybe even another spec (Unholy with 2H or Frost with DW, depends on what kind of gear you currently have access to).
    Edited: October 23, 2015

3. Guys you say ARP is better like Str only affect diseases/FS/Rime. I have never ever saw an arp capped frost DK that can do more damage than Str build. I built myself arp capped and raided few weeks, switched back to Str build because higher damage(I have done this multiple times). And if your key to "better performance" is ignoring mechanics to get better uptime... where ARP could MAYBE pull ahead, well that is just sad. That is my experience in raids, not only DBS/dummy fight or sims.

Here is some more reasons:
    Blessing of Kings
    Rune of the Fallen Crusader
    Unbreakable Armor
    7% Strength from talents

But well, maybe I'm wrong, maybe its better to boost those 60% of damage with ARP rather than boost 100% of damage with Strength increased by buffs. Who knows.

Edit: on topic:
    T10 bonuses are broken, 2 part bonus will give you less damage increase and 4 part bonus will take extra effort to trigger.
    Sometimes runes get "stuck" and you cant use abilities with rune cost even if you have available runes.
    Edited: October 23, 2015

4. I expected you to come around at some time in case we were discussing ArP vs Str, angrylol :D

5. I expected you to come around at some time in case we were discussing ArP vs Str, angrylol :D
    Well, people are reading this biased information. I understand everyone has opinion, but then state it as such. Or give facts with proof and some explanation. That's all.

6. Well, people are reading this biased information. I understand everyone has opinion, but then state it as such. Or give facts with proof and some explanation. That's all.
    It isn't biased,come over on DW,I'll give you plenty to think about in w/e raid you wish to race,on w/e boss.You are delusional with your str boosts all dmg.You don't get that your Obliterate scales much better than that ****ty frost strike.I've compared my autos and obliterates + necrotic vs a str build.Guess what,mine are ALWAYS higher.The only things that aren't higher are frost strike and diseases,also HB difference is noticeable.

7. It isn't biased,come over on DW,I'll give you plenty to think about in w/e raid you wish to race,on w/e boss.You are delusional with your str boosts all dmg.You don't get that your Obliterate scales much better than that ****ty frost strike.I've compared my autos and obliterates + necrotic vs a str build.Guess what,mine are ALWAYS higher.The only things that aren't higher are frost strike and diseases,also HB difference is noticeable.
    Can you give approximate numbers on all ICC/RS bosses? Or approximate % of damage increase ARP vs STR build in mentioned raids? That would give some nice insight.

8. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0Q_A6TB4pU
    LK complete fight,not my pov.Isn't my very best but it's pretty recent.
    http://i.imgur.com/tpSXmUx.jpg
    That's DBS(while I was alliance).It is my highest dmg so far.
    http://i.imgur.com/YEtTkva.jpg
    Halion.Not the highest,but the only recount of halion that I have(it was on ally side).

Let me know if you want details on average AA/Ob/FS/Necrosis damage.Or if you want to know the duration of the fights.
    I don't have any other recounts of other fights currently,but I'll try to remember to save on my next icc and ruby.

Edit 2: Awakendeath is a str built dk with the generic ''bis'' fdk gear.(this is for the LoD vid.
    Edited: October 24, 2015

9. The other funny thing is the 1:1.93 FS:Obli ratio inside ICC towards the 1:2.41 ratio outside ICC. And this is with an ArP build... Frost Strike is bugged.

10. The other funny thing is the 1:1.93 FS:Obli ratio inside ICC towards the 1:2.41 ratio outside ICC. And this is with an ArP build... Frost Strike is bugged.
    Nah it does double dip,but the extra ap you get from str gems doesn't change the damage enough for a strenght build to actually pull ahead of an arp build.

11. Nice, at last some info to thinker with other than my own. I'm wandering why so big difference, you have 15k dps and closest is 12k, is ARP DK so overpowered? I assume you have BiS/very close to BiS to cap ARP, are rest of group BiS too? I understand DK is one tough brick to kill and you can have probably best uptime from all melee classes... it is bugging me, why such 20% gap ahead. While 15k is good dps its nothing woow that Str couldn't couldn't reach. I guess that's why 3rd run, with alts and new guys.
    And 2.5sec rule is fixed, that can really mean ARP build is better, anyway, will try out nuking Obliterates.

12. Nice, at last some info to thinker with other than my own. I'm wandering why so big difference, you have 15k dps and closest is 12k, is ARP DK so overpowered? I assume you have BiS/very close to BiS to cap ARP, are rest of group BiS too? I understand DK is one tough brick to kill and you can have probably best uptime from all melee classes... it is bugging me, why such 20% gap ahead. While 15k is good dps its nothing woow that Str couldn't couldn't reach. I guess that's why 3rd run, with alts and new guys.
    And 2.5sec rule is fixed, that can really mean ARP build is better, anyway, will try out nuking Obliterates.

Well as I said that other dk is a full bis(the generic gs wrist,fester hands) build with double havoc etc.you can check his armory.As far as I'm concerned arp doesn't have a strict bis list.I'm currently playing with a set that caps me on arp while having 0 agi items(not counting the weapons ofc).And the rest of the group was pretty geared.I doubt anyone was below 6,1 or so.Thb from their dps you can easily judge that they got gear :D

Edit: just for the record a constant 15k dps is pretty hard to pull on warmane's LK for a melee.
    Edit2:on the dbs damage screenshot,arijevac was Unholy on that fight,so you dont think it was a str fdk there

13. guys, what would you recommend for a fdk? T9.5 or T10.5 when it comes to a single target dps? Saw that other topic with comparisons, but I think it was related to an unholy build, nevertheless I have checked with 2p T9 and the +180 str is constantly up and the blood plague crit would be great when it comes to aoe fights, but how about single target? anyone tested?

14. 4T10 all the way down.

15. T10 is always better in comparison to T9 when you're playing Frost.
    Now if we were talking about Unholy...

First 123 Last