1. wotlk deathwing twink community finally died

We, twinks are finally dead after so many tries to keep our community alive. After 2 molten-wow wipes and after removing low level gear from market place , people started to quit wow or atleast this server. After so many years spent on server , and after the wipes I no longer played 80's and spent my coins and vps on twinks. I remember back on Ragnaros there was a nice community of twinks with bgs, world pvp , events , raids and dungeons. Then,after wipes, most of them moved to Deathwing... even worst than on Ragnaros. Slowly twinks died. And as we still tried to rebuild a lil community with our last breath , the big hit came from server : no more twink items on market place. One of the best player in our community (wolfpack) which played twinks and 80s just deleted all chars few days ago which is sad after he spent months to rise 2 twink guilds on both sides , ally and horde and after he carried players 1by 1 in dungeons to gear them up, plus he spent time to make items with its proffs for each player that needed a hand.Now when I log in game on my main twink (Nemiton) I feel like a ghost between 80's. I do nothing but traveling from continent to contionent hoping that I will get some action or see any twinks. Thanks to all twinks I enjoyed playing with. I won't forget the good times.

2. Well, there is going to dungeons and raids to get gear, there isn't an easy button for everyone.

You guys are lucky because everything, well mostly everything, is open to you compared to cata and mop. Probably the death of the twinks is based on not wanting to continue, despite all that is against them.
    This does not stop someone from making groups to go gear up or farms mats/items with others.

3. I'm sorry to hear that the twink community died on deathwing. But the good news is that the twink community is rapidly growing on Lordaeron. It's a 1x server, which makes is harder to level, but it's also much more rewarding. This also means there are pugs at almost all times (in the 20-29 and 30-39 brackets at least). And with 1x leveling, the players that do make twinks are usually more serious as they are willing to put in the time.

Come join us on Lordaeron, we'd love to have you :)

I have an alliance guild <Primary Target> with 6-7 39s, another 7-8 leveling. And we also do the 29 bracket but less twinks as of yet. We have 2 guild bank tabs with lots of gear, and enchanter and alchemist mains. Horde have a decent amount of twinks, and I see more and more twinks every week.

Send me a message here or in game if you'd like to chat :)

-Trademark

4. I'm sorry to hear that the twink community died on deathwing. But the good news is that the twink community is rapidly growing on Lordaeron. It's a 1x server, which makes is harder to level, but it's also much more rewarding. This also means there are pugs at almost all times (in the 20-29 and 30-39 brackets at least). And with 1x leveling, the players that do make twinks are usually more serious as they are willing to put in the time.

Come join us on Lordaeron, we'd love to have you :)

I have an alliance guild <Primary Target> with 6-7 39s, another 7-8 leveling. And we also do the 29 bracket but less twinks as of yet. We have 2 guild bank tabs with lots of gear, and enchanter and alchemist mains. Horde have a decent amount of twinks, and I see more and more twinks every week.

Send me a message here or in game if you'd like to chat :)

-Trademark
    Well the level cap is still 60 question is will the twinks survive when the cap is raised to 70 then finally 80? But I hope it does I wouldn't mind making 3 or 4 twinks next year I've experienced x1 leveling on another server a hunter 1 to 60 with know mount cause I had no gold for it.

5. Now when I log in game on my main twink (Nemiton) I feel like a ghost between 80's. I do nothing but traveling from continent to contionent hoping that I will get some action or see any twinks. Thanks to all twinks I enjoyed playing with. I won't forget the good times.
    right on the feels

6. Well the level cap is still 60 question is will the twinks survive when the cap is raised to 70 then finally 80? But I hope it does I wouldn't mind making 3 or 4 twinks next year I've experienced x1 leveling on another server a hunter 1 to 60 with know mount cause I had no gold for it.
    Yes, the twinks will survive. When the level cap is raised, it only makes it easier to level a twink, relatively. And players will have more gold and can farm gear more easily.

Come join us :) A couple more players just joined and we now have 2 guild bank tabs

7. Liek dis post if u cri errytiem

;_;7

8. Me and Latous also deleted our Twinks in Deathwing.

9. It was never alive to begin with...

10. It was never alive to begin with...
    Except it was?
    It was somewhat active months before the wipe, slightly active post-wipe with 78/79s, and then 70s transferred back after Ragnaros died out and joined some of the 79s. I recall seeing 15+ Alliance twinks online a month or two ago.

Of course it hasn't been as active as in the past, but there was definitely activity.

11. Except it was?
    It was somewhat active months before the wipe, slightly active post-wipe with 78/79s, and then 70s transferred back after Ragnaros died out and joined some of the 79s. I recall seeing 15+ Alliance twinks online a month or two ago.

Of course it hasn't been as active as in the past, but there was definitely activity.
    Firstly, there is some false arguments here with regards to Warmane killing them off.

There was two server wipes, but you're using the second wipe as an excuse for twinks dying. The second wipe happened after 3 days from the first one. You wouldn't even be level 70 by then if you played casually, according to my standards.

Secondly, a lot of you argue that twinks are being killed because of the shop. Wrong. You all killed yourself off. That's why. Warmane announced in June that the shop will change, along with all points being removed in September. You had around 3 months to buy items - more than enough to get BiS gear in that time.
    There is no reason for old twinks to be removed as a result, only the new ones would be affected starting from September. However, with more working content than ever, it is easier to gear up. Don't give me the excuse of: the item shop had items unobtainable. My response is, they shouldn't have been in the shop in the first place.

You can argue you had to start again, but at the end of the day, you would start again if you went to another server, with a lower population. The only reason most players are on this server is because of the population. If the population had dropped to a few hundred for each server, I guarantee even less players would continue playing.

12. Not sure if this is directed toward me or the OP since I was quoted but those aren't my arguments. Regardless, I'll speak for myself.

Firstly, there is some false arguments here with regards to Warmane killing them off.
    You're right. Warmane didn't kill twinking off. Twinking was already on the decline well before this post was made and before Warmane made changes to the shop. In all honesty, I have no idea what the OP is talking about, with regard to "Then,after wipes, most of them moved to Deathwing... even worst than on Ragnaros" and a few other quotes, especially since after the wipes, the main efforts were on Ragnaros, not Deathwing.

There was two server wipes, but you're using the second wipe as an excuse for twinks dying. The second wipe happened after 3 days from the first one. You wouldn't even be level 70 by then if you played casually, according to my standards.
    Yes, there were two wipes; no, the argument is not being made that the second one in particular killed twinking or that one had more of an effect than the other. Speaking for myself, when I say wipe, I'm referring to the two collectively, as they occurred in a short period of time. I'm not arguing that the wipe killed twinking, but it did contribute to the decline, due to the fact that many players 1) didn't have the patience to start over, 2) wanted to focus more on rebuilding their level 80 guilds, 3) were uninformed about the attempts to rebuild on Ragnaros to unite the two communities that existed before. In fact, in my previous post, I just said that even if there was decreased activity, there still WAS activity after the wipe.

Secondly, a lot of you argue that twinks are being killed because of the shop. Wrong. You all killed yourself off. That's why.
    Again, I'm not saying that the removal of the gear killed twinking, though it discourages other people from making twinks. By the time the changes to the shop were made, twinking was already practically dead (as shown by the fact that twinks transferred back to Deathwing despite having to put up with 79s, the eventual lack of any sort of PvP action, and the fact that Horde activity was nonexistent). I already have my BiS gear and so the change didn't affect me at all.

However, with more working content than ever, it is easier to gear up. Don't give me the excuse of: the item shop had items unobtainable. My response is, they shouldn't have been in the shop in the first place.
    The working content is on Lordaeron. To my knowledge, there have been few, if any, bug fixes to TBC/Vanilla content on Deathwing/Ragnaros.
    Edited: October 29, 2015 Reason: Grammar

123 ... Last