1. Tips and Tricks for the perfect Screenshot!

Hello there!

My name's Darkthul, or some of you might know me as Yokaju.

I am here to give you guys some tips for a great screenshot in WoW.

Basic Tips

- Background : Be creative, find something that fits your theme, or your character's color scheme.

For example, if you are using a imperial plate mog, stand infront of the SW gates!

If you have something like a tier 12/13 warrior mog, stand in some parts of hyjal, or just generally some burning place.

- Character Emotes : Don't just let you character stand around like a pole!

Do something different! Do some screenshots while you are doing /roar or while you are casting mass res.

It brings some nice flavor to the screenshot, and it definitely makes it not boring.

- Living world : Don't just have a plain background

Being a loner ain't fun! Add some mobs or even other players in your background!

- UI and Quality : The meat and potatoes of a screenshot!

Some of you guys might not have the greatest PC, but you should still amp up your graphics just for a screenshot.

If you can, you should also experiment with 4k resolution (doesn't only apply to WoW, applies to all games, such a crysis 3 and many more)

Also, very important! Disable your UI using ALT + Z. You might also wanna think about disabling your name in the screenshot.

Editing Tips

For editing, I highly recommend adobe photoshop. If it isn't available to you, use gimp or the new WIN10 photo editor. (not paint, duuuh)

- Focus :

I personally like it when only your character is focused, and the rest slightly burred out. It is a very easy process of doing that.

- Color correction, Filters, Contrast :

Changing all of these factors just slightly can make a difference between a good screenshot and an amazing screenshot.

Try it yourself! Take a screenshot in for example dalaran, and adjust the factors above. It will look a lot better (if done correctly)

- Shadows

Some editing software lets you adjust the shadows - It's really useful if you would like to add more depth to your shot.

So that was it! That is my personal guide to making a great screenshot. I hope you learned something useful.

- Darkthul/Yokaju

2. Posta a pic of yours before and after editing