1. Defence + Resillence

Hi, i am gearing up a prot warrior, and i am trying to get 5k gs by my own, without guild or vote points, the thing is that i run out of pve gear at arround 4600 gs and i am pretty unlucky with loot, so i was wondering if i could use pvp gear to get to 5k, since resillence also helps me get uncriticable, i though it was a good idea, but is that correct?

2. Resilience does prevent you from getting crit. But that's from player. The one stats that you should go aside from stam is defense rating. Since you're a tank, you really shouldn't have issue getting yourself into majority instances other than icc and rs since we are begging for a tank every day. Just do all those frozen halls instance hc, onyxia 10/25 and toc 10 while farming for eot.
    Edited: October 28, 2015 Reason: wording mistake

3. Resilience does prevent you from getting crit. But that's from player.
    Nope, Resilience works in PvE as well. As long as you have 5.6% crit chance reduction total between Resilience and Defense, you won't be crit.
    https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/508

4. Nope, Resilience works in PvE as well. As long as you have 5.6% crit chance reduction total between Resilience and Defense, you won't be crit.
    https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/508
    Thanxs
    I know that pve items are always better for tanking than their pvp counterparts, the problem is that i already bought everything i could with EoT; head, shoulder, chest, legs, hands, trinket, ring, etc; level 232 and 245 items, yet i am missing lots of slots wich have level 200 items equiped (wich are crap), with honor points i can get 245 and 264 gear wich has a lot more stats than the level 200 parts. I plan on remplazing the pvp items in the future with EoF and pug raid loot. I want to know if this strategy is fine to get to some 10 man pug grups.
    Edited: October 28, 2015

5. Thanxs
    I know that pve items are always better for tanking than their pvp counterparts, the problem is that i already bought everything i could with EoT; head, shoulder, chest, legs, hands, trinket, ring, etc; level 232 and 245 items, yet i am missing lots of slots wich have level 200 items equiped (wich are crap), with honor points i can get 245 and 264 gear wich has a lot more stats than the level 200 parts. I plan on remplazing the pvp items in the future with EoF and pug raid loot. I want to know if this strategy is fine to get to some 10 man pug grups in TOC, VOA and ICC.
    Even though you wouldn't get crits from bosses with enough resilience/defense, a lot of people believe that anything with resilience is completely useless, so they may not invite you for TOC/VOA/ICC, especially in VOA/ICC. It's almost a guarantee that you won't get invited for ICC pugs. Like callum910 said, you'd have an easier time doing other raids or buying yourself some BoE gear. You really shouldn't have any problems getting to 5k even without PvP gear.

6. I have always done VoA with full PvP gear and nobody ever gave a ****.

But yes, you won't get invited into ICC with PvP gear.

7. Even though you wouldn't get crits from bosses with enough resilience/defense, a lot of people believe that anything with resilience is completely useless.
    And are they right?

I once saw a Druid with lot of pvp gear tank very good, although druids have different gear mechanics...
    Edited: October 29, 2015

8. And are they right?

I once saw a Druid with lot of pvp gear tank very good, although druids have different gear mechanics...
    No, they're not. Like I said before, Resilience does work in PvE and will prevent you from getting crit by bosses if you have at least 5.6% crit reduction from defense+resilience. Druids have different mechanics and don't need defense or resilience to be crit immune.

TL;DR: Go ahead and use your PvP gear to be crit immune, but other people might not like it (even if they're wrong), so try to replace it ASAP or farm PvE gear.

9. And are they right?

This is because feral tanks gain all their defense rating from talent build and rely on Stamina stacking, so PvP gear which usually has double the stm of PvE is ideal for a druid tank,(I have 40k HP at 4.6k GS with PvP gear) However other tanks don't stack STM but dodge/def rate so it isn't as viable.