1. Community-made Lordaeron Census (UPDATED WEEKLY)

I'd like to ask people to post scarcely so that the updates I will post don't get overwhelmed by other posts and are easier to find.
    Latest update is here

Horde:

Overall:
    Spoiler: Show

• Druid 9%
    • Hunter 13%
    • Mage 10%
    • Priest 10%
    • Rogue 10%
    • Warlock 8%
    • Warrior 14%
    • Paladin 12%
    • Shaman 10%

60:

• Druid 10%
    • Hunter 12%
    • Mage 9%
    • Priest 9%
    • Rogue 8%
    • Warlock 7%
    • Warrior 13%
    • Paladin 18%
    • Shaman 10%

Most played race overall: Blood elf 25%
    Most played race at 60: Blood elf 26%

Alliance

Overall:

• Druid 11%
    • Hunter 12%
    • Mage 8%
    • Priest 10%
    • Rogue 9%
    • Warlock 7%
    • Warrior 15%
    • Paladin 18%
    • Shaman 6%

60:

• Druid 11%
    • Hunter 12%
    • Mage 7%
    • Priest 8%
    • Rogue 7%
    • Warlock 6%
    • Warrior 16%
    • Paladin 21%
    • Shaman 7%

Most played race overall: Human 44%
    Most played race at 60: Human 53%
    Edited: December 27, 2015

2. Requesting a Mod to make this thread a sticky.

Nice one Radvo!

3. Nice idea!

What does "Top Guilds by XP" stands for? Amount of people in there or what?
    Also can you sort the % of players from higher to lower for easy reading.

4. Nice idea!

What does "Top Guilds by XP" stands for? Amount of people in there or what?
    Also can you sort the % of players from higher to lower for easy reading.
    I think it's guilds with the most high level players.. It's really irrelevant to anyone.

I do them in the order Census gives so I can follow a template and make it easier for me to write. You can sort them manually in a notepad if you can't follow them unsorted.

I'd also like to ask people to post scarcely so that the updates I will post don't get overwhelmed by other posts and are easier to find.

5. I find it curious how the Horde has 1521 level 60's, but the Alliance only has 852. Horde seems to have nearly twice the level 60's despite the populations of both factions looking pretty even.

I wonder if this means Hellfire Peninsula will be Horde territory when BC is released..

6. I find it curious how the Horde has 1521 level 60's, but the Alliance only has 852. Horde seems to have nearly twice the level 60's despite the populations of both factions looking pretty even.

I wonder if this means Hellfire Peninsula will be Horde territory when BC is released..
    If you want realm population and balance look here

That is how many characters I have seen. And since I play horde mainly, I've had the census running more on horde than alliance. It will even out, in time, since I do a census daily now.

7. Ah, so those numbers are only because you were running it on Horde longer.

I was more curious as to the precise number of level 60's on the server, and the level 60 ratio for Horde: Alliance, to get an idea of how many players have managed to hit 60 so far within this period.

8. Ah, so those numbers are only because you were running it on Horde longer.

I was more curious as to the precise number of level 60's on the server, and the level 60 ratio for Horde: Alliance, to get an idea of how many players have managed to hit 60 so far within this period.
    I don't think it's possible with this program, as you can see the census that have been done the first time is different than this that Edifice provided.

9. The only people who can give you an exact number of 60's are members of the staff.

10. Thank you for this. I am wondering which lines you edited to get census to work, or which section of the code if you can't remember the specific lines.

11. Updates will happen Weekly since the changes daily are almost insignificant

Horde:

Overall:

• Druid 9%
    • Hunter 13%
    • Mage 9% | -1% (10% last week)
    • Priest 10%
    • Rogue 10%
    • Warlock 8%
    • Warrior 14%
    • Paladin 12%
    • Shaman 10%

60:

• Druid 10%
    • Hunter 12%
    • Mage 9%
    • Priest 9%
    • Rogue 8%
    • Warlock 7%
    • Warrior 13%
    • Paladin 17% | -1%
    • Shaman 11% | +1%

Races Overall

• Orc 19%
    • Tauren 17%
    • Troll 15%
    • Undead 21%
    • Blood Elf 25%

Races at 60

• Orc 23%
    • Tauren 15%
    • Troll 11%
    • Undead 23%
    • Blood Elf 26%

No Alliance update as I haven't had the time/nerve to play Alliance and census won't run in the background... If someone can post an Alliance Census that'd be great.

Thank you for this. I am wondering which lines you edited to get census to work, or which section of the code if you can't remember the specific lines.

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....=1#post2557470

12. 8.11.2015

Horde:

Overall:

• Druid 9%
    • Hunter 13%
    • Mage 10% | +1% (9% last week)
    • Priest 10%
    • Rogue 9% | -1%
    • Warlock 8%
    • Warrior 14%
    • Paladin 12%
    • Shaman 10%

70:

• Druid 10%
    • Hunter 7%
    • Mage 8%
    • Priest 10%
    • Rogue 4%
    • Warlock 9%
    • Warrior 13%
    • Paladin 24%
    • Shaman 9%

Races Overall

• Orc 19%
    • Tauren 17%
    • Troll 15%
    • Undead 21%
    • Blood Elf 25%

Races at 70

• Orc 20%
    • Tauren 16%
    • Troll 8%
    • Undead 22%
    • Blood Elf 31%

Alliance
    Census by Kalexius

Overall:

• Druid 10%
    • Hunter 12%
    • Mage 8%
    • Priest 11%
    • Rogue 10%
    • Warlock 6%
    • Warrior 15%
    • Paladin 18%
    • Shaman 6%

70:

• Druid 12%
    • Hunter 5%
    • Mage 6%
    • Priest 8%
    • Rogue 5%
    • Warlock 5%
    • Warrior 24%
    • Paladin 24%
    • Shaman 9%

Human most Populated Overall at 44%
    Human most populated at Level 70 at 64%

13. Q:
    Is this limited by characters active in the last week or so?

Q:
    Is there something wrong with rogues, why so hugely unpopular? This patch benefits warriors and paladins a ton, so it makes sense.

Rogues have it hard compared to 4.0 rogues, with heals and combo points on themselves.
    Is it possible for 'combo points on rogue instead of target' to be implemented? Rogues have poor QOL in this patch I find.

Also - 50% of Alliance is tanky plate wearers. Maybe people don't want to roll rogue because it's literally the worst option in that environment - why ever bring a rogue to pvp or pve when 50% of the faction is tanky plate wearers?

Q:
    What's the cause for the ridiculous amounts of plate? I find this to be such a strange deviation from retail WoW and something that totally changes overall balance. I love rogue but I know I'm probably going to have to fully ignore any PVP (I'm horde) since rogues are notoriously weak vs plate wearers, esp in this patch.
    Edited: November 8, 2015

14. No, no custom features will be added. Rogues are more than competent as is, being one of the best classes for end-game PVP and PVE. They top the DPS charts, under mages, and they're commonly found on the best 3's teams due to their incredible control of enemies and high burst.

The reason they are underplayed is because they are the hardest class to level, under Priest. Being pure dps and bringing close to no utility to dungeons (except a sap) doesn't help either.

15. Is there something wrong with rogues, why so hugely unpopular?
    Maybe it's because on old molten they were always **** compared to the other melee classes and noone wanted them in raids. It was always a better idea to bring another paladin or DK.
    What's the cause for the ridiculous amounts of plate
    They're easy to lvl, you cal pull a ton of mobs and AoE them down. And good for low lvl PvP, that's what ppl say.

I wonder why warlock is is always the least played RDPS... I mean they're easy to lvl, have amazing utility, great damage, the best looking armor in the game and 4 cool DPS specs. Is it because of the "warlock, summon stone", "soulstone this guy", "warlock summon me FFS" and "what do you mean boomin/UH DK give +13% magic DMG?! use the ****ing CoE noob!"?
    Hmm...

123 ... Last