1. Lordaeron FAQ

Since I'm seeing lots of clueless people starting topics related to issues that have been addressed in 5000 other locations, I figured I'd start making this compilation of Admin/Moderator responses.
    Note that for some of these, there's no hard link to the original thread because I couldn't find a way to do it if the topic is locked.
    If you have more to add to a topic or additional related quotes from Warmane staff, post them here and I'll edit them in assuming they're legit.

Realm Info:
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....lm-Information

Read the realm info thread first.

Before you post a question on Lordaeron forums, make sure it hasn't already been answered below:
    ------------------
    When will WotLK be released and the level cap raised to 80?
    ------------------
    Spoiler: Show

Taken from warmane.com front page:

------------------
    What's the status of Random Dungeon Finder (RDF)?
    ------------------

Originally Posted by Mercy
    We're not interested in a poll. The decision was made long ago and is set in stone. There are other realms with RDF enabled. It being disabled is part of the realm's design, and it's not going to change until ICC at the earliest.
    To add to what the others said, it makes gearing up easier and more accessible, and it detracts from the community.
    But yeah, point blank, it's a realm design feature to have it disabled, and we aren't interested in having it.
    Minority vote or not, it's the staff's call. Kaer's call. And it was made long before the realm was launched, and that is how it will stay for the foreseeable future.
    Also, please don't necro-post threads.
    There will probably be no RDF until much much later. It may be reconsidered, but that is unlikely. Don't get your hopes up.
    We haven't decided on how we'll handle emblems yet.
    And RDF was disabled because it was something the Administration decided, simple as that. It has nothing to do with the expansion version either, and there's no guarantees it will be enabled when the point where it existed on retail is reached. If you asked for an answer about it right now, it would be "it's going to stay disabled for good, there are no plans of enabling it in the future."
    The logic is we don't want RDF on Lordaeron.

If you want RDF, we have other servers with it.
    If you want Lordaeron, you'll have to do without RDF.
    Originally Posted by Obnoxious
    That's the reason players came up with. Our reason is simply that it does not fit our vision for the server. We don't want it and we declared way too many times that Lordaeron might not be a server for every kind of player, and that if you can't accept some of its particularities, you just don't fit into the target population.

No, what is needed is for players to accept it. This has been stated ad nauseum by Staff, even by Kaer himself. It's listed as a design feature for Lordaeron, not as an "unconfirmed." But people just refuse to let go and there's no editing in one thread or stronger emphasis that will apparently end it.
    Considering that no RDF has been a design feature for Lordaeron since the very start, something clearly stated and repeated more than enough, the picture would be more like "if somebody doesn't likes the lack of RDF, just don't play on Lordaeron."
    How many times exactly are we going to have to repeat what Kaer stated as clearly as possible?
    There are no plans to activate RDF at any point.
    There's no fine print saying "unless people ask for it enough."
    Originally Posted by Kaer Wolf
    We do not plan to to enable Dungeon Finder on Lordaeron.

------------------
    Why is the mineral deposit spawn rate so low in Outland?
    ------------------

I'm not quite sure why the bug report is set to unconfirmed (might be that there are other reports already and one is confirmed?), but we're aware of this issue and, according to information I have been given, it's a problem with shared respawn pools timers, and is affecting other things besides Fel Iron. The possible cause has been narrowed down, but the current focus is all on the content release on the 10th, so the fix for this issue will come at some point after that.
    Corrected already, will be up in one of the next updates

------------------
    Sentinel Anti-Cheat System
    ------------------

These issues are related to our anti-cheat system and we already have improvements on it's way. It's currently in testing phase and we hope that the improvements will vanquish these issues.

We're going to keep improving it until our realms are a safe haven to play without hackers' interruptions.

------------------
    Why can't I create a character?
    ------------------

------------------
    Population Cap
    ------------------

over 9000 atm!
    P.S. Retail has queue too (well not anymore, but still, you get what I'm trying to say).
    We can't simply increase the cap infinitely.

------------------
    Dynamic Item/Mob Respawns in Outland
    ------------------

Gameobjects do have a dynamic respawn timer, however it uses a different method than creature's and most likely still needs some tweaks. Do remember though, dynamic respawn timers are only enabled for the initial mass of players on content releases and will end up being disabled again relatively soon.

------------------
    What happened to my honor points when TBC was released?
    ------------------

Yes, honor and arena points will be wiped

------------------
    Flying in TBC
    ------------------

Flying will probably be disabled till level 70. This change will obviously be reverted as soon as the wotlk content is out
    You cant use the spell till level 70, as simple as that. The same will be done to the spell afterward, the edit will be reverted

So, things being as they were back in BC is not hardcore?
    Bad wording on my part then, we know that vanilla or tbc can never be hardcore because its in Wrath of the Lich King. The reason boss hp's and some stuff get buffed is so that you get to experience it and not just storm through. The same can be said about flying in Outland. Disabling that upon release is kind of convenient because it was like that back in the day too and it will be reverted in a month anyway

------------------
    Coin/Item Shop
    ------------------

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....83#post2545083

Actually no, its one tier behind. You will only be able to buy naxx stuff once ulduar is out and ulduar stuff when togc is out
    The second item you quote already answers that.
    If you can get X tier in-game, you will be able to at most get X-1 tier in the coin shop. That will be valid until the end of the content is reached and an undetermined about of time has passed after the final release, when all content will be available in the shop.
    You will also need to own the previous item tier to be able to buy the available tier-1 item.
    Besides that, what can I say... the servers need to be funded. Blizzard doesn't needs donations because they have a monthly fee to cover their costs. We don't.
    I would like to just remind that the shop will be not something that everyone will be able to afford. Vanity items and such will be something accessible however the actual in-game items will be one tier below the current one and even for that you'll need to raid and prices will very expensive so those who decide to donate for this will help maintain the server directly. We're looking at costs that will be something not accessible not even for those with very fat wallets.

Also, this is in a way blizzlike. Blizzard has always made catch-up mechanics for players that were always based on "one tier below the current one" and this is kind of a catch-up mechanic for those that wish to help out the server. Either way I'm pretty sure that once people see the way shop is designed that even those that have doubts will not have issues with it.

Keep in mind that the finest gear will only be available after entire content is cleared + some time after that. This is far from being pay2win and it's rather pay2skipgrind at most considering you need to play in order to get stuff.
    There will be no legendaries on the shop, ever. As for your other question, it will be the latter. The shop will be for those that wish to help the server because it will incite the idea of wanting to help and contribute rather than simply wanting to get the items.

To make it easier to understand, I'll use something rather silly to explain. I'll use hamburgers. For the server to run you need a lot of hamburgers, because there's numerous servers, testbenches, web machine, logon machine and of course for those servers to run properly you need to feed the staff with hamburgers and there's a lot of staff so there's a lot of hamburgers there as well.

The way it was in the past is that we allowed a lot of people to buy those hamburgers but on Lordaeron only few people will buy those hamburgers but in larger quantities (or should I say pricier, classier hamburgers?). There will be also a lot of limitations like those Disneyland height restrictions on certain rides. It will be desirable and 99% of players will get their items in-game and that small amount of players will maintain the servers and get hamburgers.

I hope I got the idea and the point across, I don't think the shop will be an issue to a lot of people and for those that have doubts I think they'll be relieved once they see contents of the shop and prices and they'll understand the point behind it.

------------------
    Donations
    ------------------

A server without donations isn't "hardcore." It's either a non-existent server or one with a monthly fee.

Things cost money. Maintaining a server of this quality takes a very nice chunk of money. Those are plain facts and the people and services we have to pay unfortunately don't tend to join in the "hardcore" vibe of doing things for free. While waving "I'm a donor" as some sort of badge that gives special rights is a mistake, so is acting like we can do away with donations on Lordaeron. People really need to get that through their skulls. What allows you people claiming that "hardcore has no donations" to play for free is exactly the donations you're wanting to not exist.
    I considering giving a longer reply to this, but my gut feeling tells me it would be pointless.
    So I'll just ask you this: how many times and how much have you donated, and how much of that was just "benevolous" (sic), meaning the coins are still sitting in your account unused?

PS: a server without donations isn't a big one, nor a "tight, united community" - it's an amateur server, run on someone's PC, using a house connection and without any ambition or hopes of ever growing past needing that to host its hundred-or-so players.
    No, it's not wrong. We keep servers and the donations each generate separated.
    Lordaeron has to hold its own by itself, not by relying on what other servers get from donations.

------------------
    World/Calendar Events
    ------------------

All world events are disabled till at least Wrath of the Lich King content is up
    the Day of the Dead event was up by mistake

------------------
    Call to Arms
    ------------------

Looks like the status of this was announced in-game.

Oh well, hardcore grinding xD
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....to-be-a-thing/

------------------
    Transmogrification
    ------------------

Yes, it is a viable idea. It would be a completely website thing and it would be turned off by default, meaning that you wouldn't be able to see it on players or on yourself at all if you choose it and this would be the default option.

If you wish to see it, you can go on the website, flip the switch and then you see it on yourself and on others. It would be completely optional and basically turned off by default without adding anything custom into the game (no NPCs, or vendors or anything).

However, this is just an idea and that's really what it is at the moment. We have a lot of ideas that go through our minds and many don't become reality. As I mentioned when people asked about it in global channel it's far from actual implementation. It is possible but whether is it something we would to put in the game or not, that's not really in any discussion right now.
    There's no contradiction - "no one is being forced to play here, but if you want to, it will be according to how we design it."

Regarding transmogrification, an idea was thrown out to get reactions, about the possibility of a system that would create a sort of client-side transmogrification. Yes, if that system ever actually happens, players will be able to decide - but within something we decided to offer. You're trying to infer a "letting players decide" in a way it doesn't fits your speech. We're not letting players decide that we will include transmogrification, just if they want to use it. If you want a fair comparison, we also give you the choice of if you want to play on Lordaeron.
    There are no plans of adding transmogrification.
    All there is is a chance of a web-based, client-side shared version of it to be considered, where people who wanted to use and see others using replaced equipment models would toggle an option in the website. That's about all that has been mentioned, no details, much less dates, since it's just a vague idea and possibility. It could actually be worked on eventually or it might just be discarded.
    Yes, a lot of people feel that way, but a lot of people also would rather keep the "pure" Wrath of the Lich King state.
    The system idea I mentioned would sort of deal with that, since people would be able to choose if they want to see pure or with model editing, assuming I understood and read between the lines correctly.

------------------
    Progressive Release Schedule
    ------------------

Hmm, we will probably upload a video featuring Ulduar before its actual release

Edit

Its mostly done anyway, the issues remaining are either cosmetic or trash related
    Probably right before or with the release of ToGC on Lordaeron. The other two Wotlk servers will just be switched to the Lordaeron core, so they will be identical script wise
    That's another thing... people have really taken the "progressive" out of context. I've had to clarify it many times.
    We always stated this was going to be a Wrath of the Lich King server. We will "progressively go through content," as in passing through these milestones in maximum levels and content. We didn't mean we would be "Vanilla, then Burning Crusade, then Wrath of the Lich King."

Either way, I haven't heard anything about how late game will be handled. The idea of RDF staying disabled still remains just as strong as initially, so I'm not sure if Emblems will be awarded in a different way (like included in dungeon boss drops or something) or if the gearing will just indeed be slower and harder. We'll have to wait and see.
    "Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor release at launch
    Outland release 1 month after launch
    Northrend release 2 months after launch
    Death Knight release 2 months after launch"

From the thread you read again and again and again. From that, players inferred that it would be some sort of progressive expansion server, which we again and again and again clarified that it would be a Wrath of the Lich King server only, that simply content would be released progressively. About specifics, like if it will be all at once for each continent or not, it will likely depend on more factors. You will have to wait and see. Regarding the "Unconfirmed," which are just two, and have a subtitle "Features that may or may not make it into the release," do you see race or faction changed available on the release?

------------------
    Is Multiboxing allowed?
    ------------------

This, multiboxing is not against the rules.
    The poll was simply to gather opinions. By itself, it was nothing more than that.
    No decision has been made regarding restricting or forbidding anything about multiboxing, nor was it hinted that the poll was some "tell us what to do" thing.

------------------
    Global Chat Spam/Moderation
    ------------------

No way. Use the ignore feature, the temporary ignore provided by "report for spam" when you right click their name, use the ignore more addon or just leave global.

------------------
    Why can't I create a Death Knight?
    ------------------

Because it's blizz-like. Because the DK start area isn't ready yet. Because of balance issues. Etc.
    Much of how you're responding to me is the complete opposite of what I've said.

Anyhow, we've stated how the realm is going to be since the very start. Since months before realm launch. This included the status of Death Knights. It has also been stated that this realm is not for everyone. So, yes, indeed, you will either learn to adapt to the realm, or you can play elsewhere. We accept suggestions within reason, but when it comes to officially stated information, that is not the case, especially when there is no reason good argument to consider the suggestion. Take it how you like, but I don't appreciate threats. Keep it clean or don't post.
    Death Knights will be released when the rest of the Wrath of the Lich King content is too.

------------------
    Why is X realm not receiving updates? Don't you care about us?
    ------------------

There are some developers working on each expansion, though the focus is on Wrath. Do you know what happens if we don't focus on development on a single thing until it is finished? It slows to a crawl. This isn't to mention that development for the 2 years prior to Warmane's foundation did not exist at all whatsoever for the Wrath expansion.

I, or perhaps someone else, will reply later. I'm half asleep and would be best if I was fully coherent when replying.

------------------
    Experience in Battlegrounds
    ------------------

I just spoke with Kaer about this. Our official stance is that it won't be enabled on Lordaeron, so that it remains aligned with the realm's design. We don't want players skipping through content we've scripted. If RDF is ever decided to be re-enabled, whether or not this feature appears depends on how we go about enabling RDF. We're not going to offer an official stance on that because our current stance is that RDF is disabled indefinitely.

------------------
    Will there be an Armory?
    ------------------

An alternative "leaderboard" will be released after we have concluded a lot of clean-ups.

It will include achievement points, wealth and so on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old Topics
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------
    Why is the level cap 60?
    ------------------

No... people are locked at level 60 because the content is locked at level 60 while any bugs left on that part are dealt with, stability is tested and assured, and work is done on the content ahead. It has nothing to do with what people assumed when the word "progressive" was used. It's a progressive release of content, not a progressive server going through different expansions.

------------------
    When will TBC be released?
    ------------------

I've just been informed that we still maintain Nov. 5th as our ETA date.
    More less, I suppose that it is. I'll be closing it for now. We thank everyone for their input. :)

The current ETA, as of the time of this posting, is November 5th for the release of Outland.

Edited: December 5, 2015

2. You should also add the Armory info.
    An alternative "leaderboard" will be released after we have concluded a lot of clean-ups.

It will include achievement points, wealth and so on.
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....=1#post2540016

3. I approve of this thread! :D! Nice work man :)

4. Much swag approved)

Keep up the good work bro ! Or was it a gal?

5. Bestest thread evar! so much information, great jucking fob sabin

bump for stickies

6. Good Work and really useful x)

Sticky this !

7. Sticky this and give that man a medal!

8. Bumping for sticky.

Would be especially nice if it is maintained according to realm progression (i.e., at some point answers about level cap should be changed to level 70 etc).

9. Quick question about the Wotlk launch. Will they only release Naxxramas initially and then ulduar and so on progressively? Or will they realease all of the raids at one time like they have been doing for the other expansions?

10. Quick question about the Wotlk launch. Will they only release Naxxramas initially and then ulduar and so on progressively? Or will they realease all of the raids at one time like they have been doing for the other expansions?
    So far I haven't been able to find anything where they directly address this question. Maybe I'm missing it somewhere.
    I would hope that since they are saying that WotLK will in fact be progressive, it won't be all at once.

11. Jea, thats a very good point. Can some Mod or Staff say anything about this?

12. Very good thread. Sticky this one! :) And I think it'd be better if you add spoilers, or it'll become a very long post.

123 Last