1. WotlK CLient-Connection-Problem

Greetings,

I'm an experienced WoW-Player and played on different private-servers and now wanna start here with a couple of friends to play WotlK.

My problem: i changed the "Reamlist.wtf" to "set realmlist Logon.warmane.com", created an Account and tried to login. My client always tries to connect to an older WotlK-Sever i played on.

When i open the WTF-directory and look into the Config.wtf there it says:

"SET realmList "SET realmList "logon.otherserver.de" (changed the reamlist name to not name the other server)

instead of SET realmList "logon.warmane.com"

When i try to change this manually it has no effect and changes it back.

May i need to download your client or do you have any other suggestions? I'm running Windows 10, maybe its because of that. The Wow.exe is set to "run at administrator".

Anyways, thanks for looking into my problem and excuse my english ... not my native language :)

2. May i need to download your client
    Yes, It's recommended that you should download the WotLK client from Warmane if it seems too complicated to fix the realmlist or config issue (I would recommend the 'old' Wrath client from the selection)

3. try to right click on your WoW folder> properties> disable "read-only", maybe in this way you will be able to successly change the realmist.
    Otherwise try what Deathring101 said