1. Missing Honor Points (Lordaeron)

I logged in this morning to find that I currently have zero (0) Honor Points. I know quite well that I had more than this (over 1,000) prior to logging out last time I played (Tuesday, the 3rd, I believe), from running one Arathi Basin, the rest were Warsong matches, most of which I participated in during my 10-19 bracket.

This being said, I've not logged in, until now, since the Burning Crusade content was released to the public. However, I've never had my Honor Points expire. On any server, including retail, and back on the initial Lordaeron.

I'm assuming others are experiencing the same issue? Was this intentional, or...?
    I was sincerely hoping to save my Honor Points until I hit level 80.
    At the same time, I've personally never actively played WoW during an expansion change in the past, though I have extensively played WotLK and Cataclysm, and again, have never had this occur.

If this was intentional, then at least I know my data hasn't been bugged... But...
    ...Has this occurred during expansion releases in the past?

Thanks for any relevant replies. Was going to contact a GM, but didn't want to waste his/her time with something they may have been asked a few hundred times today :P

2. yesterday was the TBC release day, they said there would be an Honor reset, otherwise at lvl 70 you could buy PvP gear with the honor gained in the "vanilla phase".
    Expect the same thing with the Wotlk release ( should be 5 december)