1. Horde in a crisis!

First of, this thread is only for detailing out the below mentioned problem AND to discuss (maturely) a way to mitigate it.

Background : With coming of Lorderon server, WOTLK enthusiasts no more exist on FW server, making it loose a very large pie of its population. This shift hit Horde slightly more than Alliance, since Horde players are in general more attracted to PVE content (Proven by the quality of raids on both factions). However, in the last few days, a new problem has slowly been escalating gradually. Shift of PVP players from Horde to Alliance

Analysis : My hypothesis is that this is being caused by a domino effect due to a certain thing that happened last month. Remember how when the MT leaves a failing raid, everyone starts to leave instantly? The same thing happened here. Prominent PVP horde guild CCC shifted from Horde to Alliance for reasons unknown. This has cased mass shifting of PVP'ers from other guilds to Alliance. I am not saying that people weren't shifting before that, just saying that the rate of them shifting has increased. But that is just my hypothesis. Feel free to discuss the issue in comments below.

Effect : Loss of PVP on the Horde side is clearly visible in Durotar. From a dueling population of 50+ during peak hours, you are barely able to see 20 odd players now. Number of Premades on Global have also reduced drastically. Frequency of World PVP events from Horde side is lower than ever. How does this effect the server? Well, it wont effect Arenas, sure. But BGs, Rateds, World PVP will clearly suffer if this trend continues.

Appeal to Horde : Last note I would like to leave here is a request to remaining PVP'ers and PVP guilds of Horde. You guys are responsible for building the PVP environment on the Horde side now. Please don't run from this responsibility. We need to unite and remake what we have lost. And new PVP'ers, please don't get caught in the trend, it will only harm the balance.

Appeal to Alliance : I will request old Alliance PVP guilds to think about shifting to Horde for the challenge (in fact I challenge them to do it :D) We need good guilds here who can promote PVP on this end. Take the cup and we will welcome you here with an open heart!

Lets discuss.

Cheers,
    Serp

2. Number of Premades on Global have also reduced drastically.
    Me and my friend also trans all my good geared pvp chars to alli. Cause if i want to start a premade on Horde side it takes me around 30min to get a 5man grp, often i cant even get a 5man grp. So we had to join "2man premades"...
    Now on alli side it takes me around 30sec to get a full grp.

3. That's not the best solution to the problem :D

Soon you would be able to make a group in 5 seconds but not get into a BG for 30 mins because no one will be doing BGs on horde side :)

That's what I am requesting PVP people on horde to refrain from! :)
    Edited: October 21, 2015

4. I agree with LordSerphroth here, in my opinion if PvPers move from horde to alli it will ruin pvp for everyone,

Alliance will do better in BGs but they will have 20min+ ques,
    Horde will have instant ques but they will mostly lose

so we all lose in the end.

5. I agree with LordSerphroth here, in my opinion if PvPers move from horde to alli it will ruin pvp for everyone,

Alliance will do better in BGs but they will have 20min+ ques,
    Horde will have instant ques but they will mostly lose

so we all lose in the end.
    It's like a doomsday scenario :P No one gains on anything :D Well people change to Ally mostly due to it's a more PVP faction and better racials *cough* humans *cough*... If people can faction change freely it's nothing stopping them for changing to the ''better'' faction.

6. It's like a doomsday scenario :P No one gains on anything :D Well people change to Ally mostly due to it's a more PVP faction and better racials *cough* humans *cough*... If people can faction change freely it's nothing stopping them for changing to the ''better'' faction.
    Show some love for the undead! they were once humans too! :)

7. I would love to see PvP die completely! I get tired of having to save low level guild mates from some childish Horde jerk who thinks that a level 90 attacking level 50 and below is honorable. You want to fix a terrible problem... then fix that. I have helped low level Horde players finish their quest or saved them from getting killed, but somehow as you increase in level on the Horde side... I guess you digress mentally back to infancy.

8. Show some love for the undead! they were once humans too! :)
    I didn't take in lore into this post :P

I would love to see PvP die completely! I get tired of having to save low level guild mates from some childish Horde jerk who thinks that a level 90 attacking level 50 and below is honorable. You want to fix a terrible problem... then fix that. I have helped low level Horde players finish their quest or saved them from getting killed, but somehow as you increase in level on the Horde side... I guess you digress mentally back to infancy.
    Marganlising horde for one event is pretty stupid imo... Pvp should exist and that's final.

9. I would love to see PvP die completely! I get tired of having to save low level guild mates from some childish Horde jerk who thinks that a level 90 attacking level 50 and below is honorable. You want to fix a terrible problem... then fix that. I have helped low level Horde players finish their quest or saved them from getting killed, but somehow as you increase in level on the Horde side... I guess you digress mentally back to infancy.
    Ugh, i think you sud keep your opinion to yourself. We are not talking about "how sud we save lowbies from vicious attacks!". We are talking about fixing up the balance of a PVP server.

10. Horde just needs some leadership. The last couple days i have seen several good pvp'ers in bg on horde side, most of them are in a random guild or pve guild. Just because they dont hang out in durotar doesnt mean theres no one left. As for pvp guilds theres still Unchained, La Secta PvP, Hysteria, Stealthed Rogues. And before anyone tries bashing one of those guilds, at least they are active and trying.

CCC changed faction because alliance did not have any serious guilds for playing Rated Battlegrounds, we are attempting to rally the arena players to start playing BG and World PvP more often.

If you want to make a difference, do it in-game. Talking on this forum where 90% of the population doesnt even visit will accomplish nothing in-game

11. As for pvp guilds theres still Unchained, La Secta PvP, Hysteria, Stealthed Rogues. And before anyone tries bashing one of those guilds, at least they are active and trying.
    The problem I am talking about is related to players belonging to these guilds. More and more players are leaving Horde. Stealthed Rogues and Unchained can confirm this.

CCC changed faction because alliance did not have any serious guilds for playing Rated Battlegrounds, we are attempting to rally the arena players to start playing BG and World PvP more often.
    There is no shortage of world PVP in Alliance. Full day long ASPHAKA raids on vendors, Orgrimmar and shrine are a common site here. Alliance never required any assistance in PVP side of things. They are a PVP faction by default (*Humans*). They were on top of Arenas last season and still are. Shifting your guild doesn't really fix things in my opinion. Alliance didn't need more PVP man power. It needed more incentive to start playing Rated BGs.

And even though it sounds very noble of CCC to do that, I highly doubt that the true motives were that noble in the first place. I don't blame CCC tho. But there was an effect of the shift that no one foresaw. All I am asking is that we discuss a way to fix it :)

If you want to make a difference, do it in-game. Talking on this forum where 90% of the population doesn't even visit will accomplish nothing in-game
    By your logic, the existence of this forum is flawed. This thread is only to discuss the matter, ofc ONLY with people who are active on forums. Please stop putting up comments that hinder the positive progress of a constructive discussion. Once people realize what they can do to help, we will start fixing things.

12. Btw if there is any Horde pvp guild left, we raid your vendors now near 30min without any good guild try to stop us...
    Hello? Someone here?

13. You commented that CCC changing factions is what caused the mass shift of players from horde to alliance, and said 'for reasons unknown'. Durotar has been dead for almost 2 months now, players have been changing sides this whole time. I was simply telling you the reason we decided changing factions would be beneficial for the guild, dont really care if you have doubts.

I have been visiting and reading these forums regularly for a couple weeks now and nearly every thread crying about inactivity in frostwolf has the same 4-5 people that post repeatedly argueing with eachother saying things like " Please stop putting up comments that hinder the positive progress of a constructive discussion" what you just said to me. I made a constructive post :) just because you dont agree with it does not change that fact. Anyway, i am outtie peace

14. CCC changed faction because alliance did not have any serious guilds for playing Rated Battlegrounds.
    Hellou

this is the second thread started by Notorious regarding rated BGs: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....d-in-Rated-BGs

You can notice the horde interest in rated right there.

We even made rated BGs with whatever we had online just to keep it going, sometimes we have few ppl 515ilvl and ofc we lost but we kept going for the sake of RBG.

So there is guilds on alliance side trying to do rated, but in my experience horde wont do rated if they don't have top team on.

15. Hellou

this is the second thread started by Notorious regarding rated BGs: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....d-in-Rated-BGs

You can notice the horde interest in rated right there.

We even made rated BGs with whatever we had online just to keep it going, sometimes we have few ppl 515ilvl and ofc we lost but we kept going for the sake of RBG.

So there is guilds on alliance side trying to do rated, but in my experience horde wont do rated if they don't have top team on.
    We asked your guild to play rateds every day last season and 8 times out of 10 the answer was no, Even when you had 30+ people online. Say again pls, because you know if we had begun playing again this season and you guys lost 90% of the games as usual, you would stop playing again. VV is mass recruit, not pvp. Notorious even said so himself. My reasons for changing faction still stands, we are asking horde for rateds every day just like we asked alliance every day last season.

And because i know you wont believe me, when they open same faction rateds we will play you any time you want :) see how long you keep asking for rateds

123 ... Last