1. Nevermelting Ice Crystal- Does the buff stay with only this trinket. Because i tried it with other trinkets and when you switch it the buff goes away.

2. Something happen to soulfire damage ? I get shadowbolt's on metamorphosis almost the same as soulfire's on metamorphosis one week ago it was all normal(58k damage) but now damage seems pretty weak(in all icc max 40k dmg).
    Edit:Nvm,yesterday works fine.
    Edited: November 27, 2017

3. need help

hi guys.. just want to ask for affliction lock,, do i need to recast corruption everytime i got haste buff (eradication / bloodlust) or damage buff (trinket proc / below 35% health from talent) ?

Thank youu :)

4. You only recast corruption when you get %dmg buff, t10 4p proc and deaths embrace on targets below 35%, so first you recast corruption when t10 4p procs then you can keep it going, difference between this and deaths embrace is only 2% so its better to wait until it procs again and target is below35%, and thats when you recast again with both buffs going.

Tricks of the trade gives 15% dmg bonus and if you can get rogue to cast it on you at start of the figth then just apply corruption right after shadow bolt for the 5% crit and you youll keep it going until again you get t104p under 35%.

Best case scenario youll have rogue be your little ***** and wait for you to ask for tricks, then you ask for them when your t104p procs and later again when it procs under 35% for a whooping 41.68% increased dmg on your corruption.
    Edited: December 14, 2017

5. So imp pet + glyph still beats felguard + its glyph apparantely

nevermelting ice crystal original corruption no longer refreshed by drain soul or is it a bug?

6. So imp pet + glyph still beats felguard + its glyph apparantely

nevermelting ice crystal original corruption no longer refreshed by drain soul or is it a bug?
    1.No it's not because they blocked demonic pact for imp, felguard have much higher dmg/dps in the raid atm.
    2. Can't really answer this because I have never played affliction.

7. Did some testing in icc and dummies just want to clear pets at the moment. If you guys are still confuse what pets on each spec to use.

Demonology - with big margin at the moment FELGUARD plus glyph for him, i even try 3 points in to Improved demonic Tactics over 3 points into Nemesis my average pet damage was over 3k on some bosses it goes as high as 3.6k+. On LOD with all that disconnects average damage was 2.5k. for over 1.1 million damage done.
    here you can see the video of that kill - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00g5cc2xmh4

Affliction suprisely or not IMP is the pet to go this days. Did test it only two times but every time IMP was doing more damage and my dps was higher as well.

This week will run normal demo spec with 3 points into Nemesis to see how much of a difference more crit on my pet reflect into hes dps.
    Edited: March 6, 2018

8. How do you figure the Imp is better than the Felhunter for Aff? Did you not put any points into Improved Felhunter? Granted, the Felhunter's autos are a little under-tuned atm but that shouldn't be enough to make the Imp a better choice. Not unless you go out of your way to glyph and talent the Imp, which you don't really have the luxury to do as Aff.

9. How do you figure the Imp is better than the Felhunter for Aff? Did you not put any points into Improved Felhunter? Granted, the Felhunter's autos are a little under-tuned atm but that shouldn't be enough to make the Imp a better choice. Not unless you go out of your way to glyph and talent the Imp, which you don't really have the luxury to do as Aff.
    My test was on Training Dummy HC for 5 million damage done on it.
    Felhunter was with 2/2 Improved Felhunter and the best dps i was able to finish was 10.2k

With imp i was able to finish with 10.5k on some tries dps difference goes over 600 dps in hes favour
    each try imp was pulling more dps, i did this tests 3 weeks ago unless they change something i believe imp is better unfortunately.

10. On Dummies you wouldn't be using a DPS curse (I'm assuming you used Curse of Elements since your end DPS implies that), nor Drain Soul. Both of these would hurt Shadow Bite's damage contribution. You're also missing melee haste buff and all that other stuff.

Unless something was flagrantly broken about the Imp it seems extremely unlikely it would work out better than the Felhunter.

11. On Dummies you wouldn't be using a DPS curse (I'm assuming you used Curse of Elements since your end DPS implies that), nor Drain Soul. Both of these would hurt Shadow Bite's damage contribution. You're also missing melee haste buff and all that other stuff.

Unless something was flagrantly broken about the Imp it seems extremely unlikely it would work out better than the Felhunter.
    In icc my dps was in 18-20k dps range, most fights around 19k. when i check other aff locks from other guilds that log they runs, my numbers was higher. Keep in mind i did not play warlock at all last 2.5 months so i`m rusty on it.

ps. if anyone want to test it and see it for himself free to do it. The same scepticism was when i was saying that demo have to play with imp and few months later everyone was doing it.
    Edited: March 6, 2018

12. The difference is that back then, there were major bugs at work that you could pinpoint to account for the unusual damage discrepancy between the Imp and Felguard, so there was actually a firm and objective basis on which to build a case for the Imp. As far as I can tell, that's not really the case this time around.

Dummy tests and arbitrary log comparisons against random Warlocks aren't going to do. Shadow Bite and Firebolt damage look to be about where they should be. The Felhunter's auto-attacks are too low but the difference from that shouldn't be significant enough to warrant using the Imp instead.

13. Thanks for the guide, just started to play warlock in wotlk-pve and it helped a lot :)

14. May 30, 2018  
    Hi!

I'm curious about how Nieblung works, I see that boomies seem to love it and that's about it, but I have no way to value the proc against all those missing stats. I just got the 264 version and I currently have quel'delar and the 232 offhand from HoRH. I assume it's a low proc rate, and boomies use it cause they have a ****ton of dots ticking? Sorry to ask that here but I find it very very difficult to find information on this server, if there's a better curated/more well organized site or discord I would love a better reference material. It's easy enough to read this very comprehensive guide, but all throughout the thread the theorycrafting is being developed and updated and it's very hard to know only the current meta and stay up to date.

Anyways, more importantly, could you go into demo AoE? It seems sometimes you're opting for seed of corruption, sometimes rain of fire. Is multidotting ever worth it? How many targets/what situations make what multitarget optimal?

Thanks so much in advance
    Nyr

15. June 1, 2018  
    You could consult Rawr/Simcraft for an idea of how their procs should work. Items that have procs like that likely aren't working completely right yet, particularly in terms of how they interact with each class' various abilities.

Seed of Corruption is strictly better than Rain for AoE. You only RoF if everything already has SoC on it, or if targets die too quick for SoC casts to go off (e.g. Worm spawns after the Abom dies on VDW). As Demo, Multi-Dotting usually isn't worth it if you can just AoE instead. If targets stay up long enough for multi-dotting to become worth it as Demo (e.g. add spawns on Anub'arak), the best DoT to do it with is Immolate, especially if you have the 4p t10. Corruption technically does more DPCT than Shadow Bolt so it can be worthwhile to spread that too, but only if you know the targets are going to be alive for most of its duration, and you wouldn't be depriving yourself of the ability to spam SoC instead (you can't have both the Corruption and SoC debuffs on a mob).

First ... 21011121314 ... Last