1. Hey, I have a question, which spec would do best in NON-ICC raids? like ToC, naxx, VoA, 5 man heroic dungeons, etc? Is there one spec that performs better over the rest? I kind of like hybrid spec the best.

Secondly, just wondering, i'm BiS, for hybrid spec is it better to use 12 spellpower 10 haste gems in yellow sockets, or 12 spellpower and 10 crit? thanks for your help!

And lastly, with hybrid I have 1559 haste with spellstone, would it be better to use firestone? with firestone I have 44% crit and 1319 haste, which is better?

thanks
    Edited: November 12, 2015

2. If you are the only lock go demo for the sake of raid and boost their dps. If more locks in raid inspect them and see what gear they have and spec. If you see for ex. a 5k demo lock you should go hybrid, but if the lock is bis like you, than you should talk to him/her which what specs have and agree with eachother about what to use.

Now, about hybrid, 1300 haste is low as the spec its all about haste, so spellstone all the way and if you could use 2 haste trinkets like cts hc +dfo hc you may see a dps improvement.

3. For small health pool bosses i would go destruction also for dungeon,more consistent dps and no cds and if there is a lot of interruptions during the fight.

4. Hey, I have a question, which spec would do best in NON-ICC raids? like ToC, naxx, VoA, 5 man heroic dungeons, etc? Is there one spec that performs better over the rest? I kind of like hybrid spec the best.
    5 man heroic dungeons - definitely demo, because we can burst every boss with demo form its easy 10-17k. Hardly we will go a lot over 10k with other specs.

ToC, Naxx - Depend on the boss fight, but because we are over geared for this fights mainly more burst specs will pull you a bit ahead. Destro, Demo, Hybrid, on fights where you can proc Decimation from adds hybrid, demo will pull you way more than rest of the specs. Aff spec its also good but potentially will do less.

VoA - without doubt demo, hybrid you can proc Decimation from orbs and use soul fire all the time as filler there is nothing better we can have.

Secondly, just wondering, i'm BiS, for hybrid spec is it better to use 12 spellpower 10 haste gems in yellow sockets, or 12 spellpower and 10 crit? thanks for your help!
    If in 25m raids with 8% haste from druids and shamans your casting time on Incinerate is 1.5 sec (1.53sec) i will use 12sp/10crit if its close i will fill that gap with few 12sp/10 haste gems.

And lastly, with hybrid I have 1559 haste with spellstone, would it be better to use firestone? with firestone I have 44% crit and 1319 haste, which is better?
    Again if your casting time on Incinerate is 1.5 sec (with raid haste buffs) yes if its over 1.53sec don`t use it.

Now, about hybrid, 1300 haste is low as the spec its all about haste, so spellstone all the way and if you could use 2 haste trinkets like cts hc +dfo hc you may see a dps improvement.
    Well that's not entirely accurate, you need haste as much to push your global cooldown to 1 sec and you Soul Fire cast with Decimation on 1 sec, after that with gear your haste will be enough for your casting time on Incinerate to be 1.5 sec. This can be achieved without any haste gems or 2nd haste trinket. With decent gear like he have, two haste trinkets on specs like Hybrid, Demo, Destro is nothing but dps loss.

5. Nope, spellpower values were consistent throughout. Mostly because the toon I tested this on was a 3.3k gs trinketless warlock with no procs of any kind available. I tested this on a Pustulent Horror in Icecrown, since they have large health pools and most are bugged to just stand still while you kill them, and casted only Corruption + Drain Life, since Shadow bolt and Haunt provide debuffs that increase DoT damage. Corruption ticks after 35% automatically went up from 958 to 1073 without any re-application. Which is about exactly 12%.
    I will test it in next 25hc run i know around how much i pull, and ill give a try without recasting under 35%. It will be good if we can save one gcd, for something else.
    I test it 2 weeks in a row now in ICC 25 normal and heroic and i surly can say that not reapplying Corruption under 35% makes me do a bit over 1k dps less.

6. I test it 2 weeks in a row now in ICC 25 normal and heroic and i surly can say that not reapplying Corruption under 35% makes me do a bit over 1k dps less.
    Were you looking at the total DPS instead of the actual damage of Corruption itself? Do a boss fight where you have all your gear off that provides you with sp procs, and then observe the damage of corruption before and after 35% without reapplying it. That should more definitively provide a correct answer.

7. Were you looking at the total DPS instead of the actual damage of Corruption itself? Do a boss fight where you have all your gear off that provides you with sp procs, and then observe the damage of corruption before and after 35% without reapplying it. That should more definitively provide a correct answer.
    Well there are a lot dynamics that may give different results yes. I`m looking at average damage on corruption for the current fight. For this 4 icc i did without for every single one of them average damage and total damage was less compere to when i`m doing it. Considering that is just one global cooldown per boss more i personally prefer to cast it.

8. Which spec is most viable as a fresh level 80 and in which point should i switch spec? Any ranking of the specs i think i saw in forum that affliction best endgame dps some say demo is best.....

9. Which spec is most viable as a fresh level 80 and in which point should i switch spec? Any ranking of the specs i think i saw in forum that affliction best endgame dps some say demo is best.....
    I would say if there is some kind of ranking pve for me its gonna look like this:
    that rank is based on gear required for the spec to show good result

Destruction - is the most easy one to play and less gear depending its perfect for fresh 80 level, with good gear and end game gear its still a pretty good as dps.

Hybrid demo/destro - It is the same as destruction very easy to play, with good dps results. I`ll play that spec when i reach 5.8gs+

Demonology - I find out Demonology the most hardest spec to play, to play it good and to show good results, not to be in the raid just for the Demonic Pact ignoring your dps. I`ll play that spec when i reach 5.9gs+

Affliction - A bit harder than destro and hybrid but easier compare to Demonology. This spec is the most gear depending. I`ll start play it when i reach 6.2gs+

If we talk about pure dps it will be different most likely because depend how good each of the spec`s above you can play really good. Affliction even with the not working correct talent its number 1 dps output (hybrid and destro have talent that is not working correct also). Demonology, Hybrid and Destruction specs are really close to each other you will not find huge difference.

10. Curse of doom ? lol ?

I hope demono warlock dont listen this COD nonsense; COE is way way better...
    Unless you have unholy/boomkin in raid - which you should, who provide same buff as CoE (they dont stack).

11. Today i had some time to kill and i did testing in PTR Lordaeron about affliction warlock what gems are better.
    I did over 5 times each set of gems pure crit gems 20 crit, pure haste gems 20 haste, pure spell power gems 23 spell power, with 2 blue gems 12sp/10spirit on Head and Hands that i didnt change for the meta bonus.The fights was around 4 minutes and 10-30 seconds long.
    In PTR there is no loot from RS or atleast i didnt find it so the warlock is bis geared from icc25hc no rep ring.

1. Full crit gems

Spoiler: Show

2. Full spell power gems

3. Full haste gems

4 from 5 tests pure crit gems beat pure haste gems and both was behind pure spell power gems difference was atleast 500dps.
    So the test shows the gems prio for affliction warlock is Spell power > Crit > Haste which goes for gear also.

At the moment on heroic dummy in Ragnaros as affliction warlock with my warlock which have almost the same stats like this one from test im keeping 10k dps on dummy. Here im keeping around 8.9k - 9.3k considering that i dont have rs trinket, icc rep ring and 2 professions affliction warlocks looks good on the new core that will be when they merge Deathwing + Ragnaros.

Unfortunately i cant say the same for demo warlocks, whit decimation and mele hits fix which makes as not able to use cleave (without waiting for mele hit) and few more things i notice. The best dps on heroic dummy i was able to pull was 2k less that im doing at the moment in Ragnaros.

ps. If some guys actually raid testing ICC on PTR and they need warlock i`ll love to come and play with you, msg me via pm.

12. The stats priority will always be Hit>Spell power>Haste>Crit ...
    Ofc there is a point where Crit becomes better than Haste and a point where both are better than SP, but in general and almost 80% of the time the prio will be Spell power>Haste>Crit!

Also pure gems other than 23 SP is a DPS loss ...

13. The stats priority will always be Hit>Spell power>Haste>Crit ...
    There is no doubt about hit raiting thats why i`m not even mention that. We have to be hit caped and for that we need 17% (we can use our talent + raid buffs to reach it, that way from gear we need just 11%), no matter how much spell power, haste or crit we have if we miss we will not do any dmg.

Ofc there is a point where Crit becomes better than Haste and a point where both are better than SP, but in general and almost 80% of the time the prio will be Spell power>Haste>Crit!
    If you know how affliction spells work, then you know that we have spells that we use in our dps rotation that are not affected by haste and crit, that been said there is no case where this two stats can be better than spell power.

The only place where haste can be better than spell power and crit is if we are really close to break shadow bolt casting time and corruption ticks. Lets say that we need 20 - 50 haste (but not putting 100 haste and over with pure haste gems)to make shadow bolt casting time to be reduced from 1.6 sec to 1.5 sec or corruption ticks from 3 sec to 2 sec, then yes its better to put haste gems (12SP/10Haste). But if we put all that haste and we don`t reduce casting time on shadow bolt (from 1.8 sec to 1.7 sec to 1.6 sec and so on )and ticks on corruption are staying the same then is a bad choice.

Also pure gems other than 23 SP is a DPS loss ...
    Some blue socket bonuses like 7 and 9 SP give as more than 23 SP per socket, if we gem it with 12 SP/ 10 Spirits.

14. Hi guys, i added for you haste table for demonology and affliction warlocks, you can see how much haste do we need on the new core to lower our cast. You can check it here under Contents IV - Haste table.

15. And what about now, when the Decimation talent is ''fixed'' after the fix on DW.Im hybrid lock with 1404 haste with spellstone and the casting time of soulfire is extremly ****ed up.I got scale , so is it useful to use dfo for haste boost as 2nd trink or go for phyl?The other trinket i use atm is with honor points with haste :/

First 123412 ... Last