1. Start with life tap and keep the buff on.
    There isnt even decent amount of spirit in the warlock to use the Life Tap glyph.. and considering the new core, Glyph of corruption + Nighfall talent is much much much better than then Life tap glyph, imo.

Affliction warlock
    All the numbers below are without Scroll of Enchant Weapon - Black Magic
    Hum.. are you imply that Black Magic is better than the +63 spell power enchant ?

4 from 5 tests pure crit gems beat pure haste gems and both was behind pure spell power gems difference was atleast 500dps.
    So the test shows the gems prio for affliction warlock is Spell power > Crit > Haste which goes for gear also.
    Seriously, the **** is this guide ? you're asking people to reach insane stat like 1.7k rating haste and yet having very good amount of spell power and crit ??
    It's not possible.

IMO, i think doing video about your dps rotation and these stuff ( specialy with your test on SP gem, Crit gem and Haste ) is more easy to reach for people than photo and text. You dont even need to talk or such, just a 3min video of you dpsing.
    Edited: April 10, 2016

2. And what about now, when the Decimation talent is ''fixed'' after the fix on DW.Im hybrid lock with 1404 haste with spellstone and the casting time of soulfire is extremly ****ed up.I got scale , so is it useful to use dfo for haste boost as 2nd trink or go for phyl?The other trinket i use atm is with honor points with haste :/
    1404 haste with Decimation is better vs DFO because that will not make you cast faster from 1.6 sec to 1.5 sec, and the trinket buff itself its bad compare to other one.

Well that is how Decimation is working "just" 40% not like before 60%.For hybrid dfo is not that bad as for demo. For demo its bad because imagine this scenario, DFO proc and on 2nd stack 210 spell power, proc your Demonic Pact also your demonic pact will be increase with very little just 21 spell power. This will happens often now because Demonic Pact is working correct and we have 20 sec cooldown. But no matter when Decimation proc we will buff our Demonic Pact with at least 107 spell power, if no other buff/proc we have at the moment.

There isnt even decent amount of spirit in the warlock to use the Life Tap glyph.. and considering the new core, Glyph of corruption + Nighfall talent is much much much better than then Life tap glyph, imo.
    Well your 3rd glyph is between this 2 tap and corr

tap 248.97 / 324.74 dps - As you would lifetap 1.5 times a minute anyway, this glyph gives a huge spellpower increase at no costs. Even when you don't need the mana the GCD is worth it (think of general vezax here. Downgrading the spell to rank 1 is a smart action for situations like that). As a side effect, the impact of this glyph makes spirit an even better damage stat.

corr 12.49 dps -> 19.47 -> 36.01 dps - This glyph increases the proc chance of Nightfall by 4% (or by 3.96% if it really is multiplicative and you have talent points in Nightfall - it does not make a measurable difference). The effect is not very good dps-wise. This glyph is just above shadow bolt one that reduce the mana cost on shadow bolt.

All the info above is from elitistjerks. There was general rule if you have 250 over spirit you use tap.

Hum.. are you imply that Black Magic is better than the +63 spell power enchant ?
    There are moments where Black Magic can be better but not on high haste numbers. The higher we go on haste the more value we lose on it.

Seriously, the **** is this guide ? you're asking people to reach insane stat like 1.7k rating haste and yet having very good amount of spell power and crit ??It's not possible.
    Well i say what is optimal for dps, i also give the other options you can aim. 1404 haste is reachable with decent gear, 1616 haste is reachable with close to bis gear(affliction with DFO, demonology without DFO). On the new core so far as Affliction warlock with 1618 haste that much i have with few 12 spell power/10 haste gems im pulling 18-21k dps in ICC 25hc/n, on DBS fight there im more.

IMO, i think doing video about your dps rotation and these stuff ( specialy with your test on SP gem, Crit gem and Haste ) is more easy to reach for people than photo and text. You dont even need to talk or such, just a 3min video of you dpsing.
    May be you are right but the test was on PTR, if they open again PTR i will probably do the test again with video instead pictures.

3. May 9, 2016  
    Hi guys i received a lot of pms/wisps about dps rotation for different specs that`s why i decide to make few video clips showing the basics feel free to check it out.

Affliction warlock
    Dps rotation untill 25%
    Spoiler: Show

Dps rotation under 25%

Demo warlock
    Dps rotation untill 35% or if we dont have decimation proc

Dps rotation under 35% or when we have decimation proc

Destruction warlock
    Probably the most simple and effective from all specs.

Hybrid warlock
    The only thing that change is if we have decimation proc we use Soul Fire as filler if we dont have it we use Incinerate.
    Edited: May 19, 2016

4. Hello, I'm playing a warlock on Lordaeron server so we're far away from BiS. Since this is my first warlock, even at 4.3k gs, i would like to ask some questions about the rotation.
    I watched your videos on Affliction, and i noticed that you always let Unstable Affliction expire before you put a new one. Why don't you refresh it like Haunt for example, some seconds before it expire?

One more question is what happens with the curses when you have more than 1 warlocks in the raid. Only one warlock can use CoE since multiple don't stack. What about the others? CoA? or CoD?

Also, i have read in some guides that people at least for this gear t7/t8 don't use Shadow Bolt as filler but Drain Life. Is this viable? Dps test on dummies only showed a nice burst but lower general dps.

Thanks a lot for the guide, it was really interesting already saw some of my mistakes , waiting for your answers :)
    Here is a screenshot with my stats

http://postimg.org/image/d7t9oqdjl/
    Edited: June 14, 2016

5. Hello, I'm playing a warlock on Lordaeron server so we're far away at BiS. Since this is my first warlock, even at 4.3k gs, i would like to ask some questions about the rotation.
    I watched your videos on Affliction, and i noticed that you always let Unstable Affliction expire before you put a new one. Why don't you refresh it like Haunt for example, some seconds before it expire?
    Unstable Affliction - make dmg on hes last tick that is why we dont want to refresh it unless expire.
    Haunt - make dmg only when hits the target. After that we just have debuff on target that makes our dots do more dmg with %. We recast Haunt to keep that debuff not to make dmg with it because damage itself its really low.
    Imagine Haunt like Shadow Bolt when shadow bolt hit the target it makes dmg and after that we have debuff on the target that increase our crit chance with 5%

One more question is what happens with the curses when you have more than 1 warlocks in the raid. Only one warlock can use CoE since multiple don't stack. What about the others? CoA? or CoD?
    If you dont have this buffs Ebon Plaguebringer (unh death knight), Earth and Moon balance dudu, then one of the warlocks have to use COE. If you have one of this classes with this specs then general rule is if the target its going to live more than one 1m we are using COD, if its going to live less COA.

Also, i have read in some guides that people at least for this gear t7/t8 don't use Shadow Bolt as filler but Drain Life. Is this viable? Dps test on dummies only showed a nice burst but lower general dps.
    I really dont see reason to do that all of t7/t8 bonuses are for Shadow Bolt, it will be most likely a minor dps increase at start but you will do less damage in general by doing that. You can test it yourself by casting one Shadow bolt see how much time takes to cast it and for how much hits. After that do drain life and see how much time takes and for how much total damage drain life hits. The difference will be big in flavor for shadow bolt i think.

Thanks a lot for the guide, it was really interesting already saw some of my mistakes , waiting for your answers :)
    Thanks in advance here is a screenshot with my stats

http://postimg.org/image/d7t9oqdjl/
    Im glad that you find it helpful that is why i made it ;]/
    Edited: June 14, 2016

6. So first of all, very nice guide. That being said I have a comment on the spec you've made for Affliction. How do you justify using Intensity over Improved Curse of Agony? The amount of fights that you are affected by pushback seems fairly low, and even in those it happens infrequently; whereas you use CoA in almost every encounter. Most of the time a boss fight won't be in even intervals of 1 minutes, so that extra 15-50 seconds after your last CoD falls off CoA is taking over and should be at maximum damage, yes?
    Edited: June 23, 2016

7. So first of all, very nice guide. That being said I have a comment on the spec you've made for Affliction. How do you justify using Intensity over Improved Curse of Agony? The amount of fights that you are affected by pushback seems fairly low, and even in those it happens infrequently; whereas you use CoA in almost every encounter. Most of the time a boss fight won't be in even intervals of 1 minutes, so that extra 15-50 seconds after your last CoD falls off CoA is taking over and should be at maximum damage, yes?
    Ty mate.

If we talk for RS and ICC mainly i think that will be huge dps loss. My total damage from CoA is around 0.5% - 2% per boss possible 10% on that more will add me nothing compared to shadow bolts loss I'll have. You can try and tell me what results you will have.

8. Hey! Thanks for the really helpful guide.

I have some questions though. I used to play destro warlock long time ago and now I started playing wotlk again as a demo warlock.

First - should I stay demo warlock? I just started doing heroic dungeons(FoS/PoS and farming them at normal). From what I know, affliction requires a lot of haste so it's not smart to go affli till I get ICC gear?
    Second - I'm not sure which trinket to buy. Debating between http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=48724 and http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=48722 . My hit rating at the moment is 6%. The spell power trinket would help me with better damage, but the haste would help more when the boss is 35% with decimation, no?

Thanks once again for the good guide :)

9. Hey! Thanks for the really helpful guide.

I have some questions though. I used to play destro warlock long time ago and now I started playing wotlk again as a demo warlock.

First - should I stay demo warlock? I just started doing heroic dungeons(FoS/PoS and farming them at normal). From what I know, affliction requires a lot of haste so it's not smart to go affli till I get ICC gear?
    Second - I'm not sure which trinket to buy. Debating between http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=48724 and http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=48722 . My hit rating at the moment is 6%. The spell power trinket would help me with better damage, but the haste would help more when the boss is 35% with decimation, no?

Thanks once again for the good guide :)
    If you are at that stage where you farm fos/pos and heroic dungeons in general stay destro and make demo spec also. Try them both and find out what is working better for you, I'll suggest demo. Affliction indeed needs a lot better gear, better not play it until you have decent icc gear if you want to pull maximum out from your gear.

About hit rating 6 % for dungeons it's fine you don't need more.

Spell power is our top stat so i think the spell power trinket is better. The haste one it may be a little better but that really depends on your current haste rating. But mainly in dungeons boss fights are really fast that's why I think spell power will be way better for you.

10. Ty mate.

If we talk for RS and ICC mainly i think that will be huge dps loss. My total damage from CoA is around 0.5% - 2% per boss possible 10% on that more will add me nothing compared to shadow bolts loss I'll have. You can try and tell me what results you will have.
    I haven't gotten to max level here yet, but have a lot of experience raiding WotLK from retail. I don't remember it perfectly, but I don't remember pushback being very prominent. I suppose there's Festergut, and I think Sindragosa did something unavoidable, and maybe the Lich King. Which fights in ICC do you mean?

Honestly I don't have much experience with RS, my guild didn't really get into it much.

11. I haven't gotten to max level here yet, but have a lot of experience raiding WotLK from retail. I don't remember it perfectly, but I don't remember pushback being very prominent. I suppose there's Festergut, and I think Sindragosa did something unavoidable, and maybe the Lich King. Which fights in ICC do you mean?

Honestly I don't have much experience with RS, my guild didn't really get into it much.
    ICC:
    LDW, DBS (adds), Festergut, BPC, BQL, Sindra, LK all have a lot of aoe dmg causing pushbacks (on HC Rot as well).

RS:
    A lot of adds and minibosses have aoe (not that important). Halion himself in 2nd phase (1/3 of the fight with constant pushback). (on HC most of the 1st and 3rd phase as well)

12. ICC:
    LDW, DBS (adds), Festergut, BPC, BQL, Sindra, LK all have a lot of aoe dmg causing pushbacks (on HC Rot as well).

RS:
    A lot of adds and minibosses have aoe (not that important). Halion himself in 2nd phase (1/3 of the fight with constant pushback). (on HC most of the 1st and 3rd phase as well)
    I'm not sure what abilities you mean on LDW and DBS, as those adds should not affect your casting. If you're getting meleed by adds on LDW or DBS, your tank or you are doing something very wrong (depending on the fight). I think for BPC you mean Kinetic Bomb? And what about BQL? If you're talking about her blood bolts, I don't think those hit everyone, just a few people who I think are predictable - just try not to be one of them.

13. I'm not sure what abilities you mean on LDW and DBS, as those adds should not affect your casting. If you're getting meleed by adds on LDW or DBS, your tank or you are doing something very wrong (depending on the fight). I think for BPC you mean Kinetic Bomb? And what about BQL? If you're talking about her blood bolts, I don't think those hit everyone, just a few people who I think are predictable - just try not to be one of them.
    On LDW I mean frostbolt volley mainly.
    On DBS I agree that adds shouldnt attack you much - my mistake - there are also things like blood nova/mark of the fallen champion/boiling blood though.
    On BPC I mean ball of flames/glittering sparks, kinetics should be taken care off (+ pushback reduction woud not reduce them, since you are knocked back anyways).
    BQL bolts target random ppl + are aoe dmg. Additionaly she has Shroud of Sorrow (aura hitting every 3-4sec entire raid).

^those are things you can not avoid by playing/positioning better

Look at your damage taken from fights -> each hit delays your casts.

14. Not speccing pushback reduction talents is generally a bad idea for any class. The only "exception" to this I can think of would be a balance druid when it comes to wrath casts, but that's another discussion entirely. Skipping Fel Concentration (for affli)/Intensity (for any spec) is as bad as it would be for an arc/fire mage dropping arcane stabiity/burning soul out of their specs respectively.

15. Heyo, great guide! Thanks for the detailed explanations and compliments on the formatting!

A question:
    At 2900 sp, 35% crit and 974 passive haste (not taking into account http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=48722 or http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=59625 procs) , which spec would be more viable, Demo or Hybrid demo?
    Is it too soon to expect decent results from affliction?
    Edited: June 26, 2016

First 1234513 ... Last