1. May 17, 2017  
    Nemesis not only increases your dps overall but also your pets' so you loose too much dps there.
    You can read again what exactly Metamorphosis give, then you can test on dummy and see that, your statement is not true pet part. About the rest we do speak about this things so many times. Everyone can decide for themself.

2. May 17, 2017  
    Nemesis reduces cooldown on Demonic empowerment so yes it actually does increase your pets dps. In result imp has 30sec buff with 12sec off because it has 42sec cooldown and that is a huge boost.
    Well, yeah I'm done convincing anyone to try out this or that its your choice but some things need to be said in order to avoid misinformation like some people come and say random stuff which is just bad in general.

You can read again what exactly Metamorphosis give, then you can test on dummy and see that, your statement is not true pet part. About the rest we do speak about this things so many times. Everyone can decide for themself.
    Im referring Metamorphosis. Because some players may think that demo form itself buff pet damage too.
    That's true but I wasn't talking about metamorphosis. I was commenting on nemesis which affects both metamorphosis and demonic empowerment so none of this was incorrect.
    Edited: May 17, 2017

3. May 17, 2017  
    Im referring Metamorphosis. Because some players may think that demo form itself buff pet damage too.

4. May 23, 2017  
    Please, help me to reorganize my wlock!
    My guild is progressing, but ofc this lock isn't main, so i join only 3d run with it, where we do normal difficulty with low geared people. I'm not expirienced with this class. Yet i want to increase it's dps output so i can join some hc runs as well.

http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

So, atm i just got to the point with 4t10, i don't have rs gears, no scale/dfo, no fester pants yet (so i can't use researcher boots i have + have to gem hit)... so i have a pretty low haste = 850, 2700 sp (unbuffed), 44% crit.

SO, how should i change my talents build to be optimal now and later, when i get my stats better? Should i use this Metamorphosis oriented build and when it's good to change on more imp oriented one (raid dps is good/average in hc runs and low in 3d run i'm into now)?

Is life tap symbol always worth it, even with low spirit? Life tap symbol or Imp symbol? You see, i'm very confused with life tap, metamorphosis, and imp symbols.

I'm using haste enchant gem since i have low haste - when is it good point to switch to crit one?

Also some question about aoe - when i use seed of corruption - should i switch targets or just spam it in one target?
    Thx in advance!
    Edited: May 23, 2017

5. May 23, 2017  
    SO, how should i change my talents build to be optimal now and later, when i get my stats better? Should i use this Metamorphosis oriented build and when it's good to change on more imp oriented one (raid dps is good/average in hc runs and low in 3d run i'm into now)?
    Is life tap symbol always worth it, even with low spirit? Life tap symbol or Imp symbol? You see, i'm very confused with life tap, metamorphosis, and imp symbols.
    As i see in your armory your build its already imp oriented.Thats spec its good on end game gear also.
    The way you should think about the glyph`s is like this.

If you do use second immolation aura and shadow cleave that means you have to be in mele range when you are doing it. Then Glyph of Metamorphosis.
    If you don`t do that then just swap that glyph with Glyph of Imp.
    Other 2 glyph`s are must Glyph of Quick Decay and Glyph of Life Tap

Take a look how your dps is separated between fire damage and shadow damage.If you are doing more than 50% shadow damage then swap to felguard spec. IF fire is more than 50% stay like this. On bosses.

I'm using haste enchant gem since i have low haste - when is it good point to switch to crit one?
    You can start using firestone when you reach like 1200+ haste.
    NEVER use pure 20 haste gems.You want to use 12 spell power /10 haste, 12 spell power/ 10 crit and so on but dont use 20 haste no matter what.

Also some question about aoe - when i use seed of corruption - should i switch targets or just spam it in one target?
    Thx in advance!
    You don`t have to switch targets aslog the target you are putting SoC is been under damage to proc SoC, if that is not happening you can swap targets.

ps. I saw your second trinket and its really bad, if you dont have any choice you can always pick one of this 2 from Emblem of Heroism vendor in Dalaran or POS one.
    Sundial of the Exiled, The Egg of Mortal Essence or Nevermelting Ice Crystal.

6. May 23, 2017  
    If you do use second immolation aura and shadow cleave that means you have to be in mele range when you are doing it. Then Glyph of Metamorphosis.
    If you don`t do that then just swap that glyph with Glyph of Imp.
    Other 2 glyph`s are must Glyph of Quick Decay and Glyph of Life Tap
    I meant, that i checked your armory, and saw, that u've taken points from nemesis for 2/2 intensity + swapped metamorphosis glyph for imp glyph. Rb has nearly bis raids, so u don't have profit from nemesis. Yet i thought that maybe imp glyph has better output later on? Or both of these are equal and depend only on player preferences/raid strenght?

And about life tap glyph - it is a musthave, nomatter what, nomatter how low your spirit is (even 200?), am i right?

NEVER use pure 20 haste gems.You want to use 12 spell power /10 haste, 12 spell power/ 10 crit and so on but dont use 20 haste no matter what.
    I used few 20 haste gems since i made a wlock just cuz of very low haste, but anyways. Does this include 20 hit gems - should i change them with 12sp 10 hit until i get offset pants?

ps. I saw your second trinket and its really bad, if you dont have any choice you can always pick one of this 2 from Emblem of Heroism vendor in Dalaran or POS one.
    Sundial of the Exiled, The Egg of Mortal Essence or Nevermelting Ice Crystal.
    I sold Nevermelting to vendor right before making this post, cuz my people say it's worse :D
    I think i'll farm some toc5 to change it.

Also i have another question, about prepulling trinket using. So how is it properly done?
    If you use trinket and change it to main one with procs (like phylactery or scale) - procing one will have a 30 sec cd. Does this cd means that it won't proc until timer is gone? SO if we have bl on start - we won't benefit from 1k sp proc with our burst? Or maybe there is some macros to switch trinkets without placing cds on trinkets?

7. May 23, 2017  
    I meant, that i checked your armory, and saw, that u've taken points from nemesis for 2/2 intensity + swapped metamorphosis glyph for imp glyph. Rb has nearly bis raids, so u don't have profit from nemesis. Yet i thought that maybe imp glyph has better output later on? Or both of these are equal and depend only on player preferences/raid strenght?
    Im swapping the glyph for Lich King and Halion i think is a lot better due the fact that you have so much aoe you can do and you can use several times your demo form.If you stay around boss/adds depend on game play.
    And about life tap glyph - it is a musthave, nomatter what, nomatter how low your spirit is (even 200?), am i right?
    Yes and you have 100 spirit more than me.

I used few 20 haste gems since i made a wlock just cuz of very low haste, but anyways. Does this include 20 hit gems - should i change them with 12sp 10 hit until i get offset pants?
    Yes mate, you get more stats by doing it.

I sold Nevermelting to vendor right before making this post, cuz my people say it's worse :D
    I`ll give you information how stats affect dps.

1 point of :
    Hit - 3.9232 dps - untill hit cap!
    Spell power - 2.1498 dps
    Spirit - 1.4138 dps
    Haste - 1.3641 dps
    Crit - 1.1953 dps
    Intelect - 0.6981

As you can see spell power is just superior stat for demo warlock.
    If you use that as basic you can calculate which trinket is good for you.
    ps. the numbers are for demonolygy warlock i do not say that are 100% correct but that is what i get from compering with several tools.

Also i have another question, about prepulling trinket using. So how is it properly done?
    If you use trinket and change it to main one with procs (like phylactery or scale) - procing one will have a 30 sec cd. Does this cd means that it won't proc until timer is gone? SO if we have bl on start - we won't benefit from 1k sp proc with our burst? Or maybe there is some macros to switch trinkets without placing cds on trinkets?
    Im not aware of macro that can do this. About the cd yes 30 sec cd untill chance to proc after you swap the trinket.
    If you are about to change trinkets like that make sure you dont swap the trinket with phylactery because it have bigger icd, compere to dfo and halion one and you may end up procing this trinket just one time per fight if its fast fight.

8. May 23, 2017  
    Life tap is almost a must be glyph because demonology is very mana hungry even if you are low spirit take it,you will still have a spirit buff on 25 man raid.
    About metamorphosis vs imp glyph it's all about if you will have 2 metamorphosis or more in the fight and you will use this metamorphosis to the end + you will not always stand under boss so...
    I looked for your talent's I really suggest to give 2 imp demonic power and 1 intensity,with your gear take spellstone.
    For the trinket trick, the trick is not very good with phylactery because its goes on cooldown when you equip this but it's very good with muradin and I'm pretty sure works with dfo.Also dont forget about prepotting and use pot on 35 % + flame cap with metamorphosis if you can to maximize your dps.
    Don't forget if you want maximize your dps stand under boss if it is possible but take care of aggro :P.

9. May 23, 2017  
    Have you figured out what the outmost damage potential is between Engi+jc or tailor+jc. Iæd like your view on it statistically.
    I`ve been playing/working around with several tools and end up with this numbers. All tho im not claiming its 100% correct, but this is what i get from the research i made.

Dps increase 1 point of:

Demonology spec -

Hit - 3.9232 dps - untill hit cap!
    Spell power - 2.1498 dps
    Spirit - 1.4138 dps
    Haste - 1.3641 dps
    Crit - 1.1953 dps
    Intelect - 0.6981

Affliction spec -
    Hit - 2.6842 dps - untill hit cap!
    Spell power - 2.4315 dps
    Haste - 1.7520 dps
    Spirit - 1.3256 dps
    Crit - 1.2446 dps
    Intelect - 0.5843

Tailoring- Effectively 98 Spell Power: 295 SP proc for 15 seconds and a 50% proc chance, this equates to roughly a consistant +98 spell power assuming it procs right after the Internal Cooldown finishes (45 second ICD).

Engineering: Effectively 68 Haste and 12 Crit with movespeed boost and 27 SP with parachute: (Hyperspeed Accelerators) 340 Haste active with 20% uptime. This replaces the standard 28 SP enchant. (Nitro Boosts) 3 Minute CD movespeed boost along with 24 Crit rating. This replaces the standard 12 Crit rating 12 hit rating or 18 Spirit enchant. (Springy Arachnoweave) Parachute along with 27 SP cloak enchant. This replaces the standard 23 haste enchant.

You can see the difference, 98 spell power vs 68 haste?!
    The rest engi enchs that give as stats are adding less dps aswell :
    27 spell power on back > compere to 28 spell power ench on hands
    24 crit raiting > compere to 18 spirit on boots or 12 Crit rating 12 hit rating.
    You lose stats everywhere.

ps. Tailoring is top dps ennch we can have.

Tailoring: Effectively 98 Spell Power: 295 SP proc for 15 seconds and a 50% proc chance, this equates to roughly a consistant +98 spell power assuming it procs right after the Internal Cooldown finishes (45 second ICD). This replaces the 23 haste enchant.

Jewelcrafting: Effectively 48 Spell Power: 3 Dragons Eye Gems (39SP, 34 Crit, 34 Haste). Generally SP dragons eyes are taken. This equates to 48 Bonus SP compared to normal epic gems.

Blacksmithing: Effectively 46 Spell Power: 2 bonus gem sockets, 1 on Wrists, 1 on Hands.

Enchanting: Effectively 46 Spell Power: 2 ring enchants (23×2)

Engineering: Effectively 68 Haste and 12 Crit with movespeed boost and 27 SP with (useless) parachute because of Mage Slow Fall: (Hyperspeed Accelerators) 340 Haste active with 20% uptime. This replaces the standard 28 SP enchant. (Nitro Boosts) 3 Minute CD movespeed boost along with 24 Crit rating. This replaces the standard 12 Crit rating 12 hit rating or 18 Spirit enchant. (Springy Arachnoweave) Parachute along with 27 SP cloak enchant. This replaces the standard 23 haste enchant.

Inscription: Effectively 46 Spell Power: This replaces the 24 SP and 15 crit rating enchant from Sons of Hodir.

Alchemy: Effectively 47 Spell Power: Mixology gives bonus SP on Flask of the Frost Wyrm.

Leatherworking: Effectively 46 Spell Power: Fur Lining – Spell Power (76 Spell power) replaces the standard 30 Spell power enchant.

Skinning: 40 Crit Rating: Master of Anatomy

Mining: Gives Stamina = NOT WORTH

Herbalism: Only gives a heal = NOT WORTH

10. May 23, 2017  
    I got another problem - Shadow Cleave works in a really weird manner. Or better to say it doesn't work at all.

So, to use it, i have to stay for a second or two without casting anything. I used all the macros combinations and even just simple spell from spellbook. I have no autoatacks if i'm casting. If i don't stop - it won't work even once. Am i doing something wrong? Or it is supposed to be like that? If so - does it worth to pause all the time to use this? Or the only way to use it - spam the macros while moving?

(macros i'm using for all the spells)
    #showtooltips Shadow bolt
    /petatack
    /cast !Shadow Cleave(Demon)
    /cast Demonic Empowerment
    /cast [target=mouseover,harm,exists] Shadow bolt; Shadow bolt

ALSO! You wrote alot about 2 immolation aura trick - what is it about? Like metamorphosis form with glyph is 36 seconds, immolation aura cd is 30 seconds, so second immolation aura will be on for like 4-5 secconds and it is removed after Demon form fades. But does this even worth it, cuz Immolation aura causes GCD? Sooo, is there something i don't know?

11. May 23, 2017  
    I`m using the macros that you can find in my guide by spamming it and shadow cleave is hitting without to wait or anything. Yes on aoe fights that extra 5 sec with immolation aura + 1 extra shadow cleave hit up to 3 targets is worth alot my opinion if you use it cleaver.

example:
    At my gear level one hit from immolation aura is around 3.6 - 7k [no procs] for 5 sec i will hit at least 7 times [if bl or haste potions it will be 8-9] one target you can multiply that 3.6-7k by all the targets around you. Lich King + 3 valks = 4 targets * 3.6k * 7 hits each = 100.8k damage done from single global, + 3 x 8k [thats not crit] from shadow cleave = 24k or thats 125k damage if you can pull more in single global let me know how pls. Now imagine what its gonna look like in RS with all that adds.

ps. Im giving my opinion and how i do it, lots of warlocks come here or ingame /w ask for advice because they do low dps. Then when i give them tips, some do what they was doing before and wondering why dps is still low. This specific thing is commented alot in the guide i have several videos where you can clearly see my way of playing the class and the dps i pull in ICC or RS. On several bosses in ICC and RS heroic including LK and Halion i can be in top 3 in very competitive raid groups as demonology warlock.
    At the end im just trying to help nothing else.

12. When would a Black Magic be good on a weapon?I I've been getting plenty of haste and I think at this point, it would be better for me to go black magic, but wanted to ask you first:

With demo spec and spellstone - 3600 sp, 1309 haste, with affli spec - 1129 haste. So Is static 63 sp better, or is 250 haste on proc better? I'd say the haste, but I'm not really into theorycrafting, that's why I ask.

Thank you

13. Hi rc100

This is my armory: http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/profile

I have BIS excerpt I got DFO before reading your guide so I just want to know why it is not better than Phylactery of the Nameless Lich (why is firestone better than spellstone)?
    Taking off the DFO gives me 1291 haste, do I need to gem more? (I could not find any conclusion for myself from reading your haste table)

Why is Imp better than Felguard?

Thank you for your 0/53/17 spec, and your glyphs, I will try it! ^^

14. When would a Black Magic be good on a weapon?I I've been getting plenty of haste and I think at this point, it would be better for me to go black magic, but wanted to ask you first:

With demo spec and spellstone - 3600 sp, 1309 haste, with affli spec - 1129 haste. So Is static 63 sp better, or is 250 haste on proc better? I'd say the haste, but I'm not really into theorycrafting, that's why I ask.

Thank you

Stats are 63 spell power vs Black Magic effectively gives ~71 Haste assuming it procs at end of ICD.

As demo lock 63 sp will be around - 135 dps
    Black Magic effectively 71 haste will bring - 97 dps and that`s it on perfect scenario proc after icd, not saying that it may proc when you have to move and the proc may/will be wasted. So dps value it`s even lower.

As Affliction its looking like this-
    63 sp - 153 dps
    71 haste - 124 dps same scenarios apply as demo spec.

Only procs for caster direct damage spells. "Physical magic" (paladin Hammer of Righteousness) and DOTs will not proc this the same way as DFO. If you are affliction and target reach 25% hp and you start using drain soul as filler the chance to proc that will be almost zero, only on instant shadow bolts/haunt that you will trow time to time..

Hi rc100

This is my armory: http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/profile

I have BIS excerpt I got DFO before reading your guide so I just want to know why it is not better than Phylactery of the Nameless Lich (why is firestone better than spellstone)?
    Taking off the DFO gives me 1291 haste, do I need to gem more? (I could not find any conclusion for myself from reading your haste table)

Why is Imp better than Felguard?

Thank you for your 0/53/17 spec, and your glyphs, I will try it! ^^
    DFO VS PNL
    This been discuses several times. I`ll put my 2 cent on it. Its bad because can proc only on direct damage spells, and the way spell power stacks.
    more info about - http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....=1#post2782795
    and http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....=1#post2465789

Haste
    Your haste seems a bit low to me i would go around 1350-90, no spell stone and DFO.

Stones and pets
    Using imp as pet and Firestone, buff your soul fire to maximum output that this spell can have we all love that 55k+ crit on it right ;]/.
    About pets and stone you can find here - http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....=1#post2784163

ps. but no matter what you pick, you have to learn how to move without losing dps or losing minimum dps. All the low numbers come from here.As every caster if you master that you will have good output always.
    Edited: June 12, 2017

15. Thank you sir for your knowledge to help newbie warlocks!

First ... 7891011 ... Last