1. with full bis gear and yellow/green sockets socketed with 12 sp/10 haste i have 1561 haste, i would have 1571 but i'm an orc with engineering so i choose to use nitro boost enchant on boots, which forces me to use one 12 sp/10 hit gem on my legs, so that means i would need to get get 55 haste to reach 1616, i think using a few 20 haste gems and using 40 haste food would be better, since the spellpower food only gives like 40 something spellpower
    Edited: October 21, 2016

2. with full bis gear and yellow/green sockets socketed with 12 sp/10 haste i have 1561 haste, i would have 1571 but i'm an orc with engineering so i choose to use nitro boost enchant on boots, which forces me to use one 12 sp/10 hit gem on my legs, so that means i would need to get get 55 haste to reach 1616, i think using a few 20 haste gems and using 40 haste food would be better, since the spellpower food only gives like 40 something spellpower
    Your scenario you have 3 options:
    1. If you put 1x20 haste gem over 23 spell power that will be 28 spell power less [if socket bonus is 5]. After we add 46 spell power from fish feast total 74 spell power lose.

2. If you put 2x20 haste gems over 12 spell power 10 haste gems that will be 24 spell power less + 46 from fish 70 spell power less.

3. If you put 2x12 spell power 10 haste gems over 23 spell power gems, you will lose 22 spell power + 46 from fish 68 spell power less.

If you put 6x12 spell power 10 haste over 23 spell power gems. You will lose 11 spell power per gem or 66 spell power.After you add fish feast buff to that 66 - 46 we will have 20 spell power less.

Spell power more compere to haste food and the 3 options above to get the haste you need:

With fish feast
    1. 54
    2. 50
    3. 48
    Edited: October 21, 2016

3. I added for you a little video tutorial, what you can do at Halion/RS 25hc from Demo Warlock point of view.
    Later this week ill make one for LOD as well.
    If you have any other tips that may help as please share it.

Tutorial for Demo Warlock
    Spoiler: Show

Whole fight on Halion as Demo Warlock
    Spoiler: Show
    Edited: December 6, 2016

4. Hey! Great Guide! I loved the abundance of information that you shared within this guide. Although, I seem to find myself asking whether Firestone is better on Hybrid&Destro, or if Spellstone is simply superior in everyway.

I Haven't scrolled through the comments, but it might be worth mentioning in your Haste Table maybe?

Please reply :) Thanks.
    Edited: December 9, 2016

5. Hey! Great Guide! I loved the abundance of information that you shared within this guide. Although, I seem to find myself asking whether Firestone is better on Hybrid&Destro, or if Spellstone is simply superior in everyway.

I Haven't scrolled through the comments, but it might be worth mentioning in your Haste Table maybe?

Please reply :) Thanks.
    Ty mate

I didn't really test it since new core i never raided as hybrid. But if i go from demo spec point of view because both specs have the same amount haste, i love the way demo preforms with high level of haste (by that i mean 1745+ with DFO i love 1,4 sec cast on soul fire and 1.5 on shadow bolt). Specially on bosses where you have big decimation up time like PP, BPQ, LK, Halion even DBS, on this bosses for sure i can tell you that Spellstone is out preforming Firestone with a lot.The only way Firestone can be better is if fights are quick and you have good RNG on crit and Molten Core. But on the other hand imagine how much better will be faster casts with good RNG on crit. Because we take in mind just the pure crit that stone give as that 1% damage on direct spell more is nothing. Even if you can keep 20k dps that is 200 dps increase, and its not even that because not 100% from your damage is direct you have Corruption, COA, COD, Immolation Dot.

Even just on quick look on the stats Spellstone looks a lot better;]/:
    Spellstone 240 haste
    Firestone 196 crit

But test it yourself and tell me if you see Firestone preforms better. Keep in mind that im compering both on my point of view with almost bis warlock.

6. Ty mate

I didn't really test it since new core i never raided as hybrid. But if i go from demo spec point of view because both specs have the same amount haste, i love the way demo preforms with high level of haste (by that i mean 1745+ with DFO i love 1,4 sec cast on soul fire and 1.5 on shadow bolt). Specially on bosses where you have big decimation up time like PP, BPQ, LK, Halion even DBS, on this bosses for sure i can tell you that Spellstone is out preforming Firestone with a lot.The only way Firestone can be better is if fights are quick and you have good RNG on crit and Molten Core. But on the other hand imagine how much better will be faster casts with good RNG on crit. Because we take in mind just the pure crit that stone give as that 1% damage on direct spell more is nothing. Even if you can keep 20k dps that is 200 dps increase, and its not even that because not 100% from your damage is direct you have Corruption, COA, COD, Immolation Dot.

Even just on quick look on the stats Spellstone looks a lot better;]/:
    Spellstone 240 haste
    Firestone 196 crit

But test it yourself and tell me if you see Firestone preforms better. Keep in mind that im compering both on my point of view with almost bis warlock.
    For destro its 60 haste vs 49 crit and 1% dmg so obviously firestone is better. I played hybrid a lot in old core and back then its equal in some cases or fire better in some parts, but now in new core I would say spellstone takes it. However hybrid from best dps spec now is mediocre compared to other lock specs.

7. Now that Immolation aura stops when Metamorphosis ends, would you say hybrid is a better dps spec at BiS level? I find doing good dmg hard on bosses like festergut and rotface, cuz u get decimation so late in the fight.

8. Now that Immolation aura stops when Metamorphosis ends, would you say hybrid is a better dps spec at BiS level? I find doing good dmg hard on bosses like festergut and rotface, cuz u get decimation so late in the fight.
    I didnt play hybrid since new core.So i cant tell, but if you compere hybrid vs demo on more single target fights hybrid should be on top, it was even before immolation fix. If we compere hybrid vs affliction i dont know. I have to do one run as hybrid when i come back to raiding to see.

How is your damage as hybrid compere to affliction?

9. Good people still exist in the game i just want to point out one.You really made my day.Thank you for your kind words. All the best mate.
    I know you guys send me messages like this before, but this one touches me the most that`s why i share it.
    Edited: January 15, 2017

10. Hey Rc just wanted to say that I'm happy you're still active & helping people. You certainly did help me a loooooot with my warlock.

On topic: I leveled as demo(very OP) and switched to destruction at 80, been destro ever since and LOVE IT. However....I guess I'll have to change to affliction soon :(. How much haste do you recommend first before changing?

11. Hey Rc just wanted to say that I'm happy you're still active & helping people. You certainly did help me a loooooot with my warlock.

On topic: I leveled as demo(very OP) and switched to destruction at 80, been destro ever since and LOVE IT. However....I guess I'll have to change to affliction soon :(. How much haste do you recommend first before changing?
    Ty mate

I would recommend to swap when you get close to 50% haste with raid buffs or that is passive 42% haste - 1377. Around that level of haste affliction start to benefit the most. You can play after 1170 haste also it will show good results. But don`t just don`t, put pure haste gems in your gear to reach higher level of haste.I saw so many warlocks using pure haste gems its such a waste, spell power is our top stat at any level of gear by far.

12. Thank you for this guide! Lots of little things in there from what you can learn so much. Bump and bow!

13. I've read your thread again and glanced across comments and I think i couldn't find any information on consumables.
    What consumables would you recommend for a warlock? From flasks to potions and cooking recipes, I am curious about all. I spend my time mostly in icc as demo, but I assume the consumables are same for every spec.

14. 1.Flask of the frost wyrm
    2.potion speed/ or wild magic if you have a lot of haste wild magic is better
    3.flame cap - increase fire spell power by 80 - most important for soulfire phase - flower from slave pens best farm
    4.spiced mammoth treats - eat for your felguard, make sure your felguard and you get all buffs , especially might for felguard
    5.fish feast - it's best for demo
    6.get power infusion on soulfire phase and hero :D
    7.wreck noobs :D

15. I've read your thread again and glanced across comments and I think i couldn't find any information on consumables.
    What consumables would you recommend for a warlock? From flasks to potions and cooking recipes, I am curious about all. I spend my time mostly in icc as demo, but I assume the consumables are same for every spec.
    Pretty much trackerone, cover the consumables.
    I`ll just add this for Demo you should use flame cap when you are about to use demon form with immolation aura and soul fire spam begin.

At some point as affliction warlock its better to use wild magic not potion of speed, because with BL and Eradication our casting time on shadow bolt is already 1 sec and potion of speed will lose value.

First ... 45678 ... Last