1. Raids closed?

Hello,

does someone know why almost EVERYTHING is closed?

You cant do nothing atm, what is actually going on?

#disappointed

2. delays tbc for 1 week to lock the raids and to remove pvp vendors on area 52, legit logic right here lol k

3. Raids have been closed at the launch of tbc as a security measure. All locks except Sunwell which will be opened next week have been lifted with this restart. PvP vendors will be spawned tomorrow.

4. Raids have been closed at the launch of tbc as a security measure. All locks except Sunwell which will be opened next week have been lifted with this restart. PvP vendors will be spawned tomorrow.
    Well, good to know. I just hope you dont do the same for Wotlk, because this was a joke. Some people know whats going on, others dont, if you know what i mean.

5. Well, good to know. I just hope you dont do the same for Wotlk, because this was a joke. Some people know whats going on, others dont, if you know what i mean.
    Agreed. I wouldn't mind raids being closed the first couple days, but it would be nice to be noticed about it beforehand..

6. Agreed. I wouldn't mind raids being closed the first couple days, but it would be nice to be noticed about it beforehand..
    Closing Raids on the first days is the most stupid thing they could do on wotlk release..

7. And the realm first 'aimers' showed up huehue

On-topic.. Imho closing the raids for the first week is a neat 'feature' so everyone got a fair shot at those realm first's.

8. And the realm first 'aimers' showed up huehue

On-topic.. Imho closing the raids for the first week is a neat 'feature' so everyone got a fair shot at those realm first's.
    Well, there are only a few guilds which are going for this and they have never hidden what they are aiming for.

Closing raids is NOT blizzlike and just wrong, why would the fastest ones wait for people which aint commited enough to challenge for the realm firsts?

9. Well, there are only a few guilds which are going for this and they have never hidden what they are aiming for.

Closing raids is NOT blizzlike and just wrong, why would the fastest ones wait for people which aint commited enough to challenge for the realm firsts?
    Realm first 80 is a challenge on its own. Why should raid realm firsts be linked to that? Realm firsts achievements are about your raid co-ordination, not about how quickly you can level up.

10. Well, there are only a few guilds which are going for this and they have never hidden what they are aiming for.

Realm crashing due to newly discovered issues is far from blizzlike as well. As Trayz mentioned, they were disabled for 24 hours as a security measure whilst the fixes were being worked on and applied. A security measure is far from something intentional.

Do not think that we do things on a whim here, everything is planned and implemented carefully.

11. Actually raid opening is delayed by 2 weeks from expansion launch on blizzard servers so people won't have to insanely rush leveling and raid prep if they are interested in competitive progression.

So I'm not really sure why is that NOT blizzlike or wrong, having a requirement to be able to play ALL day for a few days as a deciding factor for realm first is a bit funny, especially when we are talking about relatively "easy" raids such as naxx/os, where those where a few hours early start can easily be the deciding factor in who clears first:)

If raids are opened straight away on WotLK launch, "realm first" raid achievements will be basically "which guild rushes leveling more", and in my opinion, those guilds that are after that realm first should actually really prefer the opening to be delayed, this way they actually get the fun of "race" on raid progress and the chance to show they really are the best, and not just the fastest at grinding xp^^

But hey, that's just my opinion, I suppose some people just want the pretty achievement/title and cba about having an actual competitive-ish raiding scene.

12. Actually raid opening is delayed by 2 weeks from expansion launch on blizzard servers so people won't have to insanely rush leveling and raid prep if they are interested in competitive progression.

So I'm not really sure why is that NOT blizzlike or wrong, having a requirement to be able to play ALL day for a few days as a deciding factor for realm first is a bit funny, especially when we are talking about relatively "easy" raids such as naxx/os, where those where a few hours early start can easily be the deciding factor in who clears first:)

If raids are opened straight away on WotLK launch, "realm first" raid achievements will be basically "which guild rushes leveling more", and in my opinion, those guilds that are after that realm first should actually really prefer the opening to be delayed, this way they actually get the fun of "race" on raid progress and the chance to show they really are the best, and not just the fastest at grinding xp^^

But hey, that's just my opinion, I suppose some people just want the pretty achievement/title and cba about having an actual competitive-ish raiding scene.
    Naxxramas was released on day1 on retail.

Getting that realm first here is just a "prestige" thing.

Waiting for 100 groups to level up to 80 and gear up and then have a RACE (because its easy, its nothing else than a race) is just stupid. The realm first should be claimed like on retail - by the people who have been the fastest while leveling.

13. Naxxramas was released on day1 on retail.

Waiting for 100 groups to level up to 80 and gear up and then have a RACE (because its easy, its nothing else than a race) is just stupid. The realm first should be claimed like on retail - by the people who have been the fastest while leveling.
    Might've been the case for WotLK(can't recall?) but since then Blizzard has gained some sense and understood that the progression race on raids should be nowhere related to leveling speed of the participants, and I remember for sure that on MoP/WoD raids released a while after the actual launch to give people time to level and do get some pre-raid gear.

You are saying it is just a "prestige" thing to get the realm first here, but that's exactly the point.. the achievement is meaningless if it is basically a "guild realm-first level 80", but you can give it meaning if you let people compete --in actual raiding content-- to obtain it, and not in a no-sleep-ding-80-farm-dungeons-hop-into-naxx-clearfast-go-into-hibernation-to-make-up-for-3days-nosleep type of race.

I can't see any benefit in not delaying the raids by a week or two, can you?

14. Naxxramas was released on day1 on retail.

This realm isn't blizzlike, your argument is invalid, try again.

15. I can't see any benefit in not delaying the raids by a week or two, can you?
    You dont see any benefit for yourself i guess.

As far as i noticed, this is a hardcore blizzlike server, so why catter to casuals who are not able to level up fast enough to actually compete for the race.

This realm isn't blizzlike, your argument is invalid, try again.
    If it wasnt "Like Blizzard = blizzlike", this would look way different.

123 Last